Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i used to just post every week about how charlton are poo poo but somehow we aren't poo poo anymore and i don't care that it's not even september we're going up as champions nothing could possibly go wrong super bowyer let's go lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mactheknife posted:

i used to just post every week about how charlton are poo poo but somehow we aren't poo poo anymore and i don't care that it's not even september we're going up as champions nothing could possibly go wrong super bowyer let's go lads

Jonny Williams is going to get injured on international duty.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

mactheknife posted:

i think you missed this part

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

mactheknife posted:

I’d like to see Charlton back in the prem tbh

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I’d like to see Charlton back in the prem tbh

i would also enjoy being able to actually see our matches in the states, but the very thought of it also fills me with fear

then again going up this season did the same and we're on this bizarre illogical-rear end run of form so

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mactheknife posted:

i would also enjoy being able to actually see our matches in the states, but the very thought of it also fills me with fear

then again going up this season did the same and we're on this bizarre illogical-rear end run of form so

arent yall on ESPN+?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

arent yall on ESPN+?

ESPN+ picks and chooses what Championship matches they show, it's basically just any combination of Leeds, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, and Stoke. Haven't been on yet this season.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

mactheknife posted:

I'm claiming that you false advertised when you sold us Dijksteel. Isn't he supposed to be good?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm claiming that you false advertised when you sold us Dijksteel. Isn't he supposed to be good?

He was not one I expected to go, at least not yet, so buyer beware [slams rolling door shut]

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bury dead, Bolton have 2 weeks to not follow them

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

mactheknife posted:

ESPN+ picks and chooses what Championship matches they show, it's basically just any combination of Leeds, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, and Stoke. Haven't been on yet this season.

It is more like whatever games that are on Sky and 1-2 matches chosen by the World Feed (IMG?). There is iFollow that the EFL sells, but it will not have the games that are on Sky and ESPN+ and it is essentially like 1 high view camera with a commentator for the match and maybe not even replays.

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

psyer posted:

It is more like whatever games that are on Sky and 1-2 matches chosen by the World Feed (IMG?). There is iFollow that the EFL sells, but it will not have the games that are on Sky and ESPN+ and it is essentially like 1 high view camera with a commentator for the match and maybe not even replays.

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

Charlton opted out of that, because of course. Oh well.

Pretty torn for Bury and Bolton.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
The efl is never going to do anything about all these dodgy owners

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mactheknife posted:

yeah i guess last year i was just trying to watch the villa and they were always on because of the size of the club

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

The efl is never going to do anything about all these dodgy owners

Jevans basically said as much today. The FFP test is clearly a joke and might as well not exist. This is probably just the first of many over the next few years.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

mactheknife posted:

Charlton opted out of that, because of course. Oh well.

Pretty torn for Bury and Bolton.

Charlton seems to be doing their own thing for international viewers with Valley Pass. It seems similar to iFollow.

psyer fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 30, 2019

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

psyer posted:

Charlton seems to be doing their own thing for international viewers with Valley Pass. It seems like similar to what iFollow is,

highlights only as far as I can tell. It's cool - I'm used to following them like this 12+ years on

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

mactheknife posted:

highlights only as far as I can tell. It's cool - I'm used to following them like this 12+ years on

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d67a31e479c1/how-fans-abroad-can-watch-saturdays-game-against-reading-on-valley-pass

But it won't have the ESPN+ games live.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A vpn set to a dark market and your club's branded iFollow subscription should give you access to every game. It's all run collaboratively through the EFL with main camera feeds and set pricing although some clubs add extra stuff like an awkward pre-match talkshow and badly cued up replays where they haven't muted the original commentary.

I did a month of SwansTV and it ran out a few days ago but I'm not paying for another just to watch us hammer Leeds when it's an international break afterwards.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
This match is real good

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Oh Derby.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

This match is real good

It was. If we could just defend we'd be alright.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Dell_Zincht posted:

It was. If we could just defend we'd be alright.

The Middlesbrough monkeys paw. Either we are unwatchable defensive misery or we're fun going forward but unable to defend.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Huddersfield currently doing their best to be Sunderland.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

thanks

also, how are we still pulling this off?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mactheknife posted:

thanks

also, how are we still pulling this off?

Most of the league is complete poo poo.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

sassassin posted:

Most of the league is complete poo poo.

we fit right in

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Today's winning goal with official SwansTV commentary:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/cxx29o/leeds_united_01_swansea_routledge_89/

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

"stick it up your shirt!"

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

We're suing the EFL and possibly also Derby County.

I can't see how this could possibly go wrong!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Someone has to. The EFL are a joke and need pressure on them to sort things out.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

sassassin posted:

Someone has to. The EFL are a joke and need pressure on them to sort things out.

co-sign

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

sassassin posted:

Oh I agree, but this is Boro we're talking about. We'll probably somehow end up with a points deduction of our own.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bacuna practicing for the WWE

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Couldn't even be arsed to go today. First home game I've missed in ages. The most interesting thing about Stoke right now is how many changes there will be to the first xi (a reserved 5 today) and how we'll conspire to shoot ourselves in the foot (Joe Allen's first touch into a tackle routine getting him rightly sent off). Absolute wank.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Forest were nothing special they just took on one the gifts we gave them and didn't make any massive mistakes of their own.

We may still be top but on performances we're barely top half imho.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Boro unbeaten in four now, making good progress.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Quite brilliant team goal" says Keith.

Winger knocks it past his man, whips in a cross and the big man in the box nods it in. Irish standards are depressingly low these days, aren't they.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Does anyone in League 2 fancy challenging us this season? We're not actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Albion are unbeaten in 8, and have come back to secure points after giving up the lead in 7 of those matches. If Bilic can find a way to have the side show up at the start of matches, we're going up for sure.