Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

mactheknife posted:

i used to just post every week about how charlton are poo poo but somehow we aren't poo poo anymore and i don't care that it's not even september we're going up as champions nothing could possibly go wrong super bowyer let's go lads

see i told you all is well go on boys

e: page snipe for the lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It's the league cup for league teams, League 2 is a league, equality for all leagues #ColU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I can't make tonight's match but I'm hoping Forest do us a favour and smash us. Jones is a proper snake oil salesman and if a hammering means he's fired then so be it. I really wanted him to succeed because he comes across as really likeable and enthusiastic about football but its just not working. He's been an absolute disaster.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Forest have commenced the rear end kicking as per your request.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

gently caress off boro

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

mfcrocker posted:

Does anyone in League 2 fancy challenging us this season? We're not actually good

This appears to have had the intended effect

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Raffles posted:

gently caress off boro

How can we play so well in the 2nd half and still not score, jesus

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

My boy the MPV of MPG, the one true advanced stat

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

HJB posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

My boy the MPV of MPG, the one true advanced stat

Your boy is a Mazda minivan?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Vanarama left their mark on me

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

we're going to win the loving league and then go down with a new prem low points total

mark it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The Swans are going up.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Congrats on your victory at the weekend sassassin. Not that you'll need any help in beating this shower but our board are going all out to gift you the win by not sacking Nathan Jones yet.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

went 1-0 up after 65 seconds and immediately said "gonna lose this one 2-1"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Meat Wagon posted:

Congrats on your victory at the weekend sassassin. Not that you'll need any help in beating this shower but our board are going all out to gift you the win by not sacking Nathan Jones yet.

You have too many ex-Swansea players not to score. Joe got his clearly offside goal last season but there's still a towering header from little Carter-Vickers to look forward to.

Bidwell's back from suspension for us so that's another disaster waiting to happen.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

You have too many ex-Swansea players not to score. Joe got his clearly offside goal last season but there's still a towering header from little Carter-Vickers to look forward to.

Bidwell's back from suspension for us so that's another disaster waiting to happen.

We couldn't even manage a shot on target against Huddersfield, who were wank and looked every bit of a team that has won 2 games in 2019.

I haven't seen Swansea play this season. Are your wide men any good? They'll have a field day against dopey loving James McClean at left back and no doubt we'll concede the same goal that we've conceded at least 6 times already this season. Looped cross to the back post which our right back will be completely unable to deal with.

I've seen some wank teams in my time supporting Stoke but I can't remember anything this bad since Chris Kamara was manager.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Andre Ayew's been decent but he drifts inside from the right a lot. It was basically just Connor Roberts on the wing for an hour last night. Celina's the same on the other side. Both want to be 10s but aren't clever enough.

We don't put in a lot of crosses even though Borja and Ayew are good in the air.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

After briefly looking like we might be up to something this year, QPR have backslid immediately.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Derby are a horrible club with absolutely zero morals and I hope they get hosed forever.

(I'm referring to the fact they included the two drink-drivers in their squad the other night. The two drink-drivers who fled the scene, leaving Keogh injured and unconscious.)

gently caress Derby.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Derby are a horrible club with absolutely zero morals and I hope they get hosed forever.

(I'm referring to the fact they included the two drink-drivers in their squad the other night. The two drink-drivers who fled the scene, leaving Keogh injured and unconscious.)

gently caress Derby.

:(

True tho.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I feel awful because I used to like Derby County, especially when we used to routinely spank you at the Riverside in the PL :)

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

I'm having trouble processing the fact that James McClean is still a professional footballer

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Neil Harris quit last night for unspecified reasons which is pretty weird!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Dell_Zincht posted:

I feel awful because I used to like Derby County, especially when we used to routinely spank you at the Riverside in the PL :)

We were certainly very popular in the PL!

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'm all for keeping him, but realistically how bad does it need to be for Woodgate to be booted?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Lemon posted:

I'm all for keeping him, but realistically how bad does it need to be for Woodgate to be booted?

Boro generally give their managers a lot of time (maybe with the exception of Monk) and there isn't the expectation of going up this season so I reckon he'll get at least a season as long as we aren't properly scrapping against relegation. A win today against Birmingham (who've lost three on the bounce) would take us up to mid table and do a lot to calm some nerves on where the season is heading.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

gently caress Derby.

lol goddamn that's some poo poo

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lemon posted:

Blame Gibson, not Woodgate. Although Woodgate knew fine well there'd be no money to spend and lower expectations for the season before he took the job.

I can't wait until January when all the teams around us are strengthening their squads and we're not because we've got no loving funds!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Suntoucher posted:

I'm having trouble processing the fact that James McClean is still a professional footballer

He's proper wank isn't he? I've never been a fan of him and was really underwhelmed when we signed him last year. Jones thinks he's amazing though and has decided he should now be a wing back and all the attacking and defensive work out wide should be solely on his shoulders. It's going about as well as expected.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

Blame Gibson, not Woodgate. Although Woodgate knew fine well there'd be no money to spend and lower expectations for the season before he took the job.

I can't wait until January when all the teams around us are strengthening their squads and we're not because we've got no loving funds!

The whole league is skint or on the verge of sanctions this season. More quality will go out than come in.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

We are loving poo poo!!!!!!!!!!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

lmao we're so bad, I booed when we equalised.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Meat Wagon posted:

He's proper wank isn't he? I've never been a fan of him and was really underwhelmed when we signed him last year. Jones thinks he's amazing though and has decided he should now be a wing back and all the attacking and defensive work out wide should be solely on his shoulders. It's going about as well as expected.

He's really good at getting booked and giving away possession needlessly. I can't even begin to imagine the mind of a man who thinks he should be played as a wingback. I can only assume there were multiple sharp blows to the head involved

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lyle Taylor's hair lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We've been wank. Cooper out.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol loving hell Swansea. I thought it was going to be a cricket score after that goal in the first minute. Best performance by Stoke in years but I really don't know where we go from here. 1 good performance in 10 months is appalling and despite what Jones might say, I still don't think we'll carry it on and go on a good run.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The diamond completely stopped us playing, although keeping the exact same team from Wednesday's battle wouldn't have helped either. Charlton made 5 changes to their side and were good value for a point at Fulham, pressed high and well.

Cooper blamed the players for not doing what he told them "for some reason". Everyone wants a young, exciting manager but they all come unstuck when plan A doesn't work. Seen it with Monk and Potter, hands in pockets, shrug of the shoulders, not knowing what's going wrong.

Joe Allen had the freedom of the park the cheating little git. 4 v 2 in midfield for most of the game.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture posted:

We are loving poo poo!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we continue to be for as long as Woodgate is in charge.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

sassassin posted:

Lyle Taylor's hair lol

it's for charity, ya jerk

2-2 at fulham is perfectly acceptable, this season has been so weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

gently caress Derby.

lmao