Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Took less than 10 minutes for all my optimism and enthusiasm for this season to disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

Stoke signed another of our rejects in CCV.

He'll turn out to be wank just like the rest of all the signings made in the last 2 years. I'm finding it really hard to be excited by anything Stoke are doing.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Starting to think that Nathan "3 wins in 24" Jones wasn't the best appointment.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
We're the new Sunderland

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Couldn't even be arsed to go today. First home game I've missed in ages. The most interesting thing about Stoke right now is how many changes there will be to the first xi (a reserved 5 today) and how we'll conspire to shoot ourselves in the foot (Joe Allen's first touch into a tackle routine getting him rightly sent off). Absolute wank.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I can't make tonight's match but I'm hoping Forest do us a favour and smash us. Jones is a proper snake oil salesman and if a hammering means he's fired then so be it. I really wanted him to succeed because he comes across as really likeable and enthusiastic about football but its just not working. He's been an absolute disaster.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Congrats on your victory at the weekend sassassin. Not that you'll need any help in beating this shower but our board are going all out to gift you the win by not sacking Nathan Jones yet.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

You have too many ex-Swansea players not to score. Joe got his clearly offside goal last season but there's still a towering header from little Carter-Vickers to look forward to.

Bidwell's back from suspension for us so that's another disaster waiting to happen.

We couldn't even manage a shot on target against Huddersfield, who were wank and looked every bit of a team that has won 2 games in 2019.

I haven't seen Swansea play this season. Are your wide men any good? They'll have a field day against dopey loving James McClean at left back and no doubt we'll concede the same goal that we've conceded at least 6 times already this season. Looped cross to the back post which our right back will be completely unable to deal with.

I've seen some wank teams in my time supporting Stoke but I can't remember anything this bad since Chris Kamara was manager.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Suntoucher posted:

I'm having trouble processing the fact that James McClean is still a professional footballer

He's proper wank isn't he? I've never been a fan of him and was really underwhelmed when we signed him last year. Jones thinks he's amazing though and has decided he should now be a wing back and all the attacking and defensive work out wide should be solely on his shoulders. It's going about as well as expected.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol loving hell Swansea. I thought it was going to be a cricket score after that goal in the first minute. Best performance by Stoke in years but I really don't know where we go from here. 1 good performance in 10 months is appalling and despite what Jones might say, I still don't think we'll carry it on and go on a good run.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Andrew Madley is a terrible referee loving hell.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
We've finally sacked Nathan Jones thank god! What a wank manager he really is.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol yeah I saw that. I'd snap your hand off for Neil but loving hell the board are such a bunch of amateurs when it comes to this poo poo

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
West Brom are poo poo. They could only score 2 against a plucky league 2 side. Top of the league my arse.

Apparently Pardew is our number 1 target now lol. Hide your wives, Pards is here!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Wayne Rooney's Derby County

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
The relegation fight is nasty. Got a feeling that anyone from Reading down could be relegated. A few weeks ago it seemed like Luton and Barnsley were dead and buried but they've both been picking up really good wins recently. I just want us to pull clear and see out a boring end to the season but I can't see that happening.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Come on the tricky trees wait nm boro are winning gently caress it

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

We're all Boro fans tonight.

I'm not

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Proper football is back!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Boro could have at least waited a week

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I do not like colin wanker

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol we're on our way to league 1

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Wigan are still playing music when they score. To an empty stadium. Shameful.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
James Chester producing a defensive masterclass. Remember when he was good at this level?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I'm watching the Wigan - Hull match. 6-0 wigan after 40 minutes. Hull are so loving bad. I'm happy for Wigan, I don't particularly like them but they've been done dirty by their owners so I'm glad they look to be staying up, points deduction or not.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Wigan's 8th is a lovely goal

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

So do Kate and Jerry

:eyepop:

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke are the best at football shut yer traps

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

Wigan's appeal date is the 31st July. The Season ends tomorrow night.

What the gently caress, how has this been so completely and utterly mismanaged?

It doesn't make any sense. I read a few things last night that said that even if wigan get relegated they could still be in the championship because the appeal might drag on into next season. The statement released by the efl is written in such legalese that it clears up nothing. The situation is a farce and adding sheff wed, derby and brum to the mix makes it even more ludicrous.

Personally I hope wigan stay up and luton go down instead because nathan jones is a wanker.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

Personally I hope Wigan get enough points to stay up even with the points deduction so the penalty instead rolls over to next season.

The penalty is going to happen this season regardless according to the efl report.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Forest playing like they don't know they're 1 goal away from missing out on the playoffs. They are awful.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
4-1 Stoke. yw sassassin

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol at the quest highlights. Stoke score their fourth and out of nowhere all you can hear is Kammy shouting "OOH YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE IT JEFF"

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Wazzerphuk posted:

90 minutes of Mick McCarthy commentary? Sign me the gently caress up

Wasn't going to bother until I read this. Love me some big mick.

Where is the final going to be played? Seems pointless to play it at wembley with no crowd

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol at that red

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Feels good to have gotten one over on the stupid idiot moron fraud nathan jones. One year on since we sacked him and he's still using the same excuses for losing, crying about the magical ~stats~ that show how his team was totally the bestest. The wanker.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
It'll always be the autoglass trophy to me

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I didn't realise how hosed Wayne Rooney's Derby County are. They've got two less points than Stoke had at this stage last season and we only stayed up by being in playoff form for the rest of the season. Cocu has been a big disaster for them.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

I don't think it was actually a Millwall fan. It was someone saying that how dare I pick on working class Millwall, they're good lads, and that I was a neoliberal elitist for thinking that Millwall has a bad history of being real racist.

You were being a big american liverpool fan about it, acting as if racism would only happen at the home of the bad guys from green street hooligans and not the hallowed ground of anfield, home of the good guys who are all paragons of virtue.

Now you're in here doing a victory lap and bringing up a months old grudge because millwall did a racism. Knock it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I might have paraphrased a tad lol

Here is the angry millwall fan frothing at the mouth about working class good lads & liberal elitists:

fat gay nonce posted:

Be great if you and Cyberpingu could go into some more detail about what the acceptable racism at the Den is in your experience?

Absolutely condemn the millwall fans for racistly booing the players taking a knee in solidarity with blm, they are a pack of cunts, but don't come rushing into the dead championship thread to pick a fight 5 months on. It's stupid.