Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zaphod42 posted:

Game journalists generally suck at games. I assure you most of them bounced off dark souls and didn't get into it until it was massively popular, and then they pretended to always like it.

Dark Souls is 89 on metacritic. So was Demon Souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zaphod42 posted:

...and? That changes nothing about what I said.

So game reviewers have the power of time travel to replace their bad reviews with glowing ones?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zaphod42 posted:

That value is an average and in now way tells us who reviewed it when.

Its pretty likely only a few sites reviewed demon souls, then a few more did after it became popular.

Also, because "IGN" reviewed dark souls, that doesn't mean they actually beat it, and even then, would only mean a single member of staff did and says nothing to all the other reviewers.

Should we keep going?

No we don't

Cause this is stupid and so are you

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Turin Turambar posted:

Dominic Tarson (the person who should have reviewed it on RPS, but he was let go a few weeks ago) liked it a lot:

https://twitter.com/DominicTarason/status/1161640842039353345
https://twitter.com/DominicTarason/status/1161655958403260416

Really a shame they did not hold onto him. If nothing else he did turn me onto some good obscure games.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Played a few minutes of the first level. Really good and well done! Chose Wanton Carnage and it was real easy but I am assuming it steps up later.

Also, use an ATM!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Wallrod posted:

It's almost funny but mainly sad how many dipshits claim BF5's bad sales as a victory of refusing """SJW""" politics and not because it was a stale gameplay format and sucked

To me I did not even know BF5 was out when it was out. It was weird release.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

wafflemoose posted:

Huh, the Ion Fury thread has quite a few new posts, let's see what they're about.......uh...ok then... :yikes:

This is why I don't give a poo poo about videogame politics/drama. Who cares if gamemakers are SJW hating nazis or whatever, I'll be over here chucking bowling bombs at cyborg cultists and having a good time in this finely crafted retro 90s throwback FPS.

Liking the game does not make you an rear end in a top hat. But this attitude does.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

You don't have to care, but other people are allowed to care.

This. loving, this, for everything.

Why do so many people have trouble comprehending this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bleh, my refund request did not go through. Kinda expected it, really; I got it on early access way back when, so I didn’t think they would go through, but I was hoping.