Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
The challenges are so tedious and unfun though, except troll and i guess laser sword. Everything else about NGU is cool and good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

comingafteryouall posted:

I'm running NGU in chrome and it seems like it's running significantly worse since the last update. Anyone else experience this or should I be poking around on my computer to solve the problem?

It runs way better in Kartridge if that's an option for you.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
If it's level 100 and you found better stuff then dump it.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Malmesbury Monster posted:

NGU: Having recently unlocked Hacks, am I right in assuming that I should treat Resource 3 the same way I did E/M and focus my exp spending on Speed before worrying about power/cap/bars? It doesn't feel very meaningful yet.

Also +1 to the Challenges change. I switched back over to Normal Difficulty and am nearly finished maxing out my challenges, which I think will make the dive back into Evil a lot less daunting than the first time through. Would have put that off a lot longer otherwise.

Speed is somewhat less of a priority for resource 3 cause you're probably doing 24 hour rebirths so it's not a big problem to wait a while for the resource to generate. Seems better to spend XP on power/cap/bars to make hacks useful, and later grab some speed when it starts taking too long to cap.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Ikwaylx posted:

Hey guys, I'm pretty early on in NGU, currently farming GRB for the chef's gear in between grinding the Sky for boosts. I was wondering how long I should be doing quick rebirths for. I find my EXP per rebirth is still fairly low (About 400 EXP up to a GRB kill) which goes instantly to energy power, cap and bars. I'm almost at the recommended stats for the Grand Corrupted Tree but it's very slow progress at the moment. Should I be putting my EXP into anything different?

With low level GRB gear you should be able to dip into the next zone and scoop up the clockwork set, which mostly outclasses GRB's stuff pretty quickly. Short rebirths are still good until Tree gives you a reason to do longer ones. But yeah there's not much to spend EXP on other than energy, magic, and a few one-time grabs like boost recycling.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Yeah use the Save Game button to write a save file on your computer.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
How many theorems do you have in all? If you do a V reset and pick the left paths, you might be able to get enough 3rd M dimensions for more theorems.

e: Before breaking infinity you should also be able to get a completion in most or all of the Neutron challenges and iirc Photonic 7.

and the claw won! fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 31, 2021

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
With e188 cap you can definitely go dimensional. Not sure what the specific issue is but after grinding out some Neutronic upgrades, Gravitonic dimensions, etc, you might need to turn on the photonic autoreset again to pump photons.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

Ive only got my

Ethereal shield and ethereal staff in heirlooms.

Ive portaled multiple times since building my own spire, so ive done the 200 spire multiple times?

DO i need to get to lvl 300?

Your trimps might be failing the spire if you're not paying attention? If 10 groups die in the spire, you exit the spire without completing it. To prevent this, there's a setting to map when you get to the spire.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

PaleFigure posted:

Is "Advent Incremental" down for anyone else?

I've been refreshing https://www.thepaperpilot.org/advent/ for the last few hours and it's just a blank screen.

Had the same problem and clearing the cache worked for me. In Chrome, open the page and Ctrl + F5. Dunno if the same shortcut works in other browsers. This will also delete any progress you've made if you have no backup.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

VictualSquid posted:

For Ironwood the main tip that I noticed is that the crafting skills, especially Alchemy and Enchanting, are the hardest to level. So focus your quests and challenges there.
And grab the Resurrection thing for your first rune. Outskirts gathering is practically impossible without it.

On other issues: I am trying to push again in Unnamed Space Idle. And I really can't figure out how to get that last V-Device Shard. It displays as 0% base droprate. I ran the game for a few days with all the relevant boosts in case it was rounding, and nothing happened.

Not positive which shard you mean, but if it's the one in sectors 70-74, then get all your crew to mastery 2 and push researches past e100. Also don't even worry about that shard until you're chilling comfortably in 74.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

VictualSquid posted:

I am on mastery 3 on most crew, and pushing the beginning of sector 74. But my research is only e92 on average. Looks like I ended up with a strange build, accidentally.
This shard:

I suppose I will do a research run for the next few runs, after I finish the infinite synths.

Pushing research will also juice your synth by orders of magnitude. At crew mastery 3 you might possibly have the upgrade from 420 total crew rank? But if you don't have 420 crew rank, the trick at this stage is to turn off Auto Switch Stats on crew. So like for research, you get Energy Tech and Researcher both with Acumen only, and no Ingenuity anywhere on your crew. Along with research station, module, and shard links you should be able to push research well past e100. And there's other little tricks like outfitting your ship to max salvage and void matter for a little while (for crew skill and XP multiplier) and then using retrofit and sleeves to respec into a research build (or synth or energy, etc.)