Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
For some reason I have the desire to create an idle game about upgrading the UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

something posted:

Hi friends

NGU Idle got its store page approved so here it is! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

If you lovely goons could wishlist the game, it'll help the Steam algorithmic overlords push NGU to places to be seen and then I become happier.

edit: also, I have some steam keys if anyone wants to help test the steam implementation. Goons get first dibs.

key me

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
How do you even begin to play the game

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

I have clicked this link multiple times. Starting is inscrutable to me

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
How do I get enough poo poo to become an acolyte is feels like it's forever away. I went gathering btw.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Once you've been liberated from your master, is there any way to get skill points besides training skills that give them?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
My drive to make an idle continues to grow stronger. I guess my main issue is, I can't seem to land on anything entertaining. I like games like Arcanum/Evolve but the burn out is too real with those types, whereas other types (like swarm swim) are easier to continue playing but less engaging/fun to do so.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

something posted:

If you contact me on discord, I give out the 5$ pack for free to goons.

Sick

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I haven't played NGU for a long while (came back to 223 days since last rebirth) and last time I played there was a handy calculator for where and how to spend my XP, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I have 173,000 XP stored up and am fairly early in the game still (i left around the time i unlocked wandoos and NGU)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I really like Progress Knight as a fundamental concept, makes me want to take the same overall concept/UI layout and make an entirely separate game. I think it's mostly missing that sense of exploration found in the best idles (imo).

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

Am I missing something with this game? I've been playing it for several days, but I can't break through the Apprentice Mage ranks fast enough to get the second magic skill before I die of old age. I've been doing the non-military jobs for money, but the merchant only gives enough for the first few tiers of houses and a personal servant for happiness boost. Should I be focusing on military while knocking out the concentration and meditation skills instead?

Yes, Military is the highest paying profession once you get into the higher levels.

The only use for the civilian jobs is like the first run-through of a new evil cycle.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Meaning Clicker. Your goal is to go from 0 to 1 Meaning through play. Meaning always remains at 0 no matter how big you make other numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I have such a love-hate with evolve idle. Making actually meaningful progress feels like pulling teeth due to the storage mechanic, but the act of exploring new aspects of the game is top notch.