Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Btw, Antimatter Dimension has a Mobile version that may or may not belong in the OP. It's getting a bunch of updates, but mostly in the way of bug fixes and UI improvements.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kajfosz.antimatterdimensions&hl=en_US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

explosivo posted:

Thanks for the help, I do have some infinity upgrades already purchased, I was able to save up 2e7 IP with enough time so I have the first 3 of the two columns purchased already. I think I have to separate myself from thinking that faster runs = better gains. I guess I'm not even really positive what it is I'm doing that makes the IP go up and why longer runs would make that happen.

"Short runs: Automatic Dimboosts set to 0/10, Automatic Galaxies set to 1, Automatic Big Crunch set to how much you make in 0.5-1.5 seconds. "

I see stuff like this on the guide you posted which kind of helps but I don't quite understand the "Dimboosts 0/10" part. Is that "Max 8ths - 0 / galaxies required 10"? I feel like I am setting them up according to those recommendations and nothing happens.

Slightly longer runs may have a higher peak IP/min which will affect the upgrades that care about it since it'll be doing a bit of the heavy lifting in your IP growth when idle. Just let it run and then set your Auto Crunch to just under whatever IP it is that your peak IP/min reaches.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

something posted:

hey just fyi I applied for steam finally and got the paperwork stuff done so now i spend the next couple months figuring out how to hook up all the Steam SDK stuff woooooo

PS: decided that steam release will also be Sadistic difficulty update. Expect a couple zones, bunch of sadistic only perks/quirks/wishes, and maybe a new titan.

wew

Soon you'll be swimming in money of all sorts of colors and symbols. I just started back up on NGU after losing a save file that didn't get too far beyond what I have unlocked at this point already. I almost regret not keeping up with it from the start, but then I have several games on Steam that I've actually completed since dropping some of my other PC Idle games.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm trying to play between two computers on Kartridge, but there doesn't seem to be any cloud saving

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

explosivo posted:

There were some gimmicks that I had to look up to figure out how to progress that I probably could have figured out on my own if I thought hard enough about it/read the clues but I'm a lazy, lazy man. Other than that though no it's all pretty well explained and the complexity layers on once you've gotten a good understanding of all the systems at play.

I just started a game of Evolve, I'm digging this so far but think this would be better on the phone :smith:

Something about NGU just doesn't quite grok to me atm. Maybe it's being sorta forced to keep progressing on a reset to keep number not going down or the amount of time (about an hour atm) I have to wait for get my Basic stuff up to speed to get wherever I was previous in order to keep level.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

I have just started NGU.

Is it worth it to farm boosts to level 100 in the stage they appear, or do they keep appearing in later stages as well? I've dicked around a bit in the forest and I've only seen lvl 2 boosts, but I've only killed like 10 things there, so my sample is pretty small.

You'll see Lvl. 1 and 2 boosts. Don't worry.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
In NGU, I'm currently around the mid to late 50s in Bosses and have ~400XP overall anything I should be building towards atm or is it just grinding XP for idk what?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think I stopped somewhere in Alkahistorian because I got stuck at one of the resource loops involving Cryo-ice or something and might've skipped ahead or missed something to make the loop smoother.

Edit: It was actually building up Fire Essence and Blast that's blocking me I think

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 5, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm getting hosed over by Sins I think. All my mana is basically draining out to less than nothing and I don't generate enough power to counteract it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.kongregate.com/games/Blahsadfeguie/hammerspace

This one is still getting updated if anyone's interested. There's some neat little things in terms of minigames that provide a different mode of being active instead of just clicking on things.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://ksamim.github.io/

How does the thread feel about Otters?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
itch.io is another option, I think, for uploading games at least while in Alpha/Beta.

Also all this talk of NGU keeps reminding me that every time I picked up NGU, I just kept bouncing off of it because of how relatively little progress I felt like I was making in the game in a given day.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Post in the goon discord. A lot of the growing pains get ironed out or at the very least you get a sympathetic ear. I had this same problem when I first started.

Gimme the link to it. I guess I'll jump back in and see. I apparently haven't played in 268+ days and my Number is gonna be 7.8 Octodecillion

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
4G, please let me into the sekrit club. This is TacticalFail

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Forgot I still had my Synergism save that was close to reincarnation. Apparently in the meantime there has been an update, the passive obtainium research now gives 5% of your best obtainium/s
My best obtainium/s is 0.03
gently caress that

Obtainum/sec is not something that gets all that high. Mine's currently ~400 and I'm still a few orders of magnitude short of getting Ant Sacrifice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Having trouble getting the 34th Challenge Completion in Ordinal Markup. I have 41 Manifolds, but idk what I need to build up to push my Challenge 8 OP up enough to get that next Challenge.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

drop the singularity level to 1, get the w^w^4 reachable in base 5 challenge 8 singularity function, manually shift down to 5 and you should be able to do 14 and 15 (dont go to base 3 or 4)

I'm hitting a wall at 8.780e33 OP, regardless of base 5 or 4. I've never touched Base 3 in Challenge 8 since that requires 1e100 and I have the SF Upgrades as suggested by the Wiki

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Finally breached Theories in Distance Incremental and there's a whole lot of things the tool around with an entire new tree of upgrades one can fiddle around with. Took a bit of time to break through the wall, but it helps getting the Elementary autobuyer to push Elementaries up to push Gauge Force and get Elementary Particles

Edit: Ordinal Markup updated too.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 17, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Trimps apparently updated for anyone who played it

https://trimps.github.io/updates.html

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
My Synergism save is on my other computer that's in temp storage while I look for a new place to move. At least all the bugs will probably get ironed out before I get to it.

Edit: Distance Incremental also added another layer, but I can't be arsed to join the Discord to get tips on Hadronic builds

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 26, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Prestige tree also got 4 new layers.

Looks like it incorporated stuff from this mod that was made some weeks ago
https://aarextiaokhiao.github.io/Prestige-Tree/

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
HEre's some interesting idles that popped up

Tree Game
https://yhvr.gitlab.io/tree-game/
Fairly short and linear despite appearances

Omega Layers
https://cook1ee.github.io/omega-layers/
Looks mostly like an AD clone

Edit: Prestige Tree is out with v1.2 and I'm stuck on the Gear challenges

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 30, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Im at 1-3-1-1 on Gear Challenges now. Increasing the other ones to 3 is really far away. Also Hindrance14 seems very far away. Im not seeing any obvious progress now, beyond waiting for a long rear end time, which would be weird for the game to expect since there has been very little waiting so far.
The next Machine requires 18 bricks, i have 16 and the 17th is hours of idling away.
The next Master Brick requires 61 Phantom, i have 58.

I suppose i need to spam Gears for a while to boost the bonuses from gear challenges. I get ~50 after a few seconds and it seems to cap at 53.

Edit: To complete hindrance 14, respec hyperspace and max the first building :doh:

Took me a bit to start making headway, but I eventually did it. I'd say it still fairly rough. Especially the last little trek from 1e1e10 to 1e1e11

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Also interested.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New layer in Distance Incremental for anyone still keeping up with it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

torgo posted:

I really liked Incrementreeverse. It was really linear, but gave the illusion of more depth. I think I prefer that to the games that give you tons of options, but there is only one very specific(and possibly counter-intuitive) way of getting real progress and you have to check the wiki/join a discord to find it.

I finally got to Capsules, but gently caress that new reset and Milestone. goddamn

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

I gave up on the neutrino node. Literally 2 days of occasionally clicking an upgrade, and meanwhile nothing happening and no decisions to be made.

Prestige Tree had its faults but there was always lots to do if you wanted there to be. Incrementverse or whatever it is called checks all the boxes for grognard gaming and unfun features.

Incrementiverse runs extremely slowly if not a focus window. Ostensibly, you'd close it and then run offline to accrue, but the offline timer runs way to fast to actually get anything more than maybe a few purchasables or an upgrade.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ScottyJSno posted:

Synergism

So ah auto Ascends don't work offline huh?

Well there goes 15hrs I could have been farming for a research, or something.

This is the thing that's really put the brakes on my progress. Auto Challenges not working without the screen in focus is another thing also doing the same

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I know nobody is playing cookie clicker anymore but after probably half a month's effort I've finally got that damned juicy queenbeet.

I came back to the game when that was added an immediately noped out becuase how much of a pain in the rear end breeding was.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Trimps has apparently had a patch and has updated to v5.5 with stuff for Universe 2 (whatever that is)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Steampage for Cookie Clicker says Workshop support for mods is coming soon. Also, I too was very dependent on Cookie Monster/Frozen Cookies and I'll probably pick it up when the Workshop is open

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I've totally forgotten how to operate Corruption in Synergism and idk if I'm at all interested to relearn how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Cookie Clicker just got a new update. New building, a new tier of upgrades and some other stuff