Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
NGU idle is a really fun game. Is boosting boosts ever useful and if so is there ever a way to auto-concatenate boosts or do I have to manually boost them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Every boost should be leveled to 100 once, as doing that gives you a 2% increase in boost value. After that, there's no point.

Until you unlock automerge slots, no, there's no way to auto-combine items. Once you do, yes, you put it in the automerge slot.

oh is that how that works? I thought that was for boosting other items

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
what do I lose out on by closing NGU as opposed to leaving it open?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

something posted:

The IOU will be very worth it.

I didn't see the IOU :(

edit: oh I'm not leet enough for it

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

not an emptyquote

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
in Synergism why do my Challenge Completions keep resetting, even when I'm not rebirthing they keep setting to 0

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
Yeah I think I ran a higher tax challenge (and immediately failed out) so that probably did it and I didn't notice for a while.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
is there a way to make auto research in Synergism research without me choosing what to research or do I have to buy an upgrade for that

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

something posted:

ZGCQL-3KTJM-6JRE8

took this one, thanks!

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
so what's the SECRET CHEEVO mentioned in the patch notes in synergism

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

The person who made that Incrementreeverse mod is working on a new one already. It signposts what to do next a lot better, but it makes up for that improvement by making you manually rebuy everything a lot, lot, more and having a mandatory 5 second global cooldown so you can't rapidly prestige for some reason (it's more of a nuisance early on, to be fair, but since it makes you wait to get started after you hit a new layer it's still incredibly lovely and dumb). It's updating regularly, though, so hopefully that'll be fixed before too long.

that sounds loving awful ngl

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
Saraiguma on Elethor tia!

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
wow y'all weren't kidding Quantum Challenges loving suck

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
how often is FAPI supposed to change the items on sale

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
Has anyone played much Lootun? I think the itch version got posted here a few months back but the steam version adds a ton of content, the the demo is like 8 hours and absolutely had me dropping a fiver for the really good full version. My one complaint is that there are three (four) things called rubies

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

is there any reason these aren't auto-assigning?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
yes, do challenges disable auto buy?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Spazzle posted:

Is the autowheel in the upper left spinning?

no and clicking it doesn't make it spin

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Spazzle posted:

Whoops, you need to click on each icon, sword, heart, etc.

those are all spinning

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

it doesn't seem to say it does

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Orvin posted:

There are a couple of challenges that disable all skulls but the 3rd page skulls. But you shouldn’t have been able to buy anything on that first page.

I think I had a similar bug a month ago where nothing was auto buying. I toggled the master auto buy thing a few times to turn everything off (disable all individual auto buys), then back on and it seemed to fix it.

that seems to have done it, thanks!

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Eternalmajin posted:

Is page 1 still being bought? I had a similar situation before and it was because page 1 would use up all of the skulls before page 2 got its turn.

it might honestly have been that, the base autobuy sucking so much and the good autobuy being behind a 5bux paywall is really scummy

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
what was the name of that idle game allstars style game where you had a bunch of games within the games and progressing in individual games added metaprogression boosting other games? I'm asking for reasons

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

that's it thank you

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

WTFBEES posted:

That would explain it, but does that mean there's no prestige upgrades other than the occasional new modules at the listed distances? That would be real weird and apparently mean there's no reason to prestige unless you're changing your ship's config?

I haven't unlocked them yet but there's an upgrade that gives you v2 weapons in the mechanic you unlock at zone 13

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
so the AI points are coming a lot slower now so I'm a lot warier about spending now, any suggestions on what to buy next?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Tricky posted:

Is there a wiki or something for Magic Research that lists the requirements to activate different storylines? There are a couple I saw on my first run that haven't triggered on my second, which is kind of annoying when I swapped schools specifically so I could hit the rank requirement this time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TOOZhLiY7W8E90pSHLRiH1npZ2DsQFAGdgi3ADWZq-U/edit#gid=704071585

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
have a support tier to let us put our personal vehicles in

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Crell posted:

GOONS has been made

applies as Saraiguma

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

neongrey posted:

applied phrenology

theoretical phrenology

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

sentences said by the deranged to the deranged

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

You had me excited for a minute that maybe it updated finally. :negative:

sooner than you think :P

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Dev said by the end of this month last month and I'm confident they're sticking to that.

Its beta testing rn and he said today unless his computer explodes

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Agent355 posted:

USI: I only just started the new patch yesterday after having stopped playing the game some time during the long pause, so I'm a bit behind.

It seems like the push to get base 4 is going to be fairly difficult, as the damage scales up pretty rough in zone 53. So while I'm waiting for things like crew skills and stuff to accumulate I'm looking at my challenges and wondering if I can do any of them. I'm currently sitting at 8/3/3/4. Anybody in roughly the same spot that can tell me if I should bother trying challenges rather than just letting my game idle and build up new synth materials/crew poo poo?

are you still using mostly kinetics? beam weapons seem to be better again starting late 40s early 50s minus the requisite disruptor

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Agent355 posted:

I'm running kinetic cannons and they seem to do okay. I'm sitting probably 75% of the way through zone 53A, but the scaling means even pushing forward a bit mean suddenly going from surviving easily to dead in a salvo or two, so I'm expecting the biggest difference is going to be getting a few more damage multipliers from crew or w/e.

what's your shield setup like? double deflectors and bulk will probably carry you through the rest of the content at this point

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jhet posted:

I think the thing I dislike the most about Ironwood is that I can spend 24+ hrs in one outskirts location and only get maybe 2 attempts an hour at a drop for the blueprints that I need to be able to build things for the house. At almost level 50 mining now, and the Smelter won't show up, but I'm just sitting there on Silver still and not failing at it. Same goes for finding the dungeon maps now. I spent a full 24+ hrs training one handed in the level 25 monster, and nothing. So I can't go in the dungeon anymore with the change, and it just feels like there's something off with the drop rate.

you get blueprints from the harvest actions, not the kill actions, they're just stupidly rare

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I've gotten everything but base carry 5, compute does require some full glass cannon deflector stuff though because you'll never survive real fire

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Post poste posted:

What was your set up for computer and synth?

I'm just starting the Void Tier of synth stuff, 7/9 for compute, 4/5 for synth, 5/5 power hunger, 4/5 base carry.

for core computing I think I did 4x laser 1x beam 1x charge, for synth I did 5x gat 1x beam but I had to farm overnight at not quite all of light blue infed

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
it's not a bad idea to switch between components and non components layouts to build and spend to get the multiplier and in fact will be necessary to do at base 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I've been playing an incremental autobattler poe style game with the terrible name Nordicandia and it's pretty loving fun. There's offline progress and an auto run map mode and loot filters and all that good poo poo and a new season with a new class (Necromancer) starts tomorrow. If you end up playing post your referral code for people to use (you only get rewarded for the first 5 uses so make sure to edit it out) and feel free to join the guild [GAY], it's pride themed atm but I could definitely shift to a co-branding :P