Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jabor posted:

The boson challenges are repeatable, unlike the earlier ones. Only getting 2 tokens per second sounds like you've only done the first challenge once?
Yes, but I... oh gently caress I had "hide completed challenges" on, why the gently caress does that hide repeatable ones? I thought I hadn't unlocked repeatability yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Another Chronicle, can anyone tell how you get Moment of Peace and Hero of the Holy Sword? I've gotten Willing Revenge like three times now and I'm not sure what the cutoff/path to the other two is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are the candies broken in Idleon right now? I can't seem to use em :(

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

That Prestige Tree mod that was posted finally defeated me at Capsules. I could not stomach ANOTHER reset back to zero, especially when it looked like it would take several capsules to get anything that really significantly sped up the process of getting more Capsules. It seems like that's the last real layer anyways, so whatever.

You should stick with it, the first capsule reset is a lot stronger than it looks at first.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

explosivo posted:

Are the candies broken in Idleon right now? I can't seem to use em :(

No, they should work fine. You just have to click and hold on them.

Admittedly, holding to use is a bit finnicky (on mobile anyway), but you should be able to do it.

AotC
May 16, 2010

KazigluBey posted:

Another Chronicle, can anyone tell how you get Moment of Peace and Hero of the Holy Sword? I've gotten Willing Revenge like three times now and I'm not sure what the cutoff/path to the other two is.

Willing Revenge (ED1): default ending

A Moment of Peace (ED2): Search the bandit in the cave, find sword, go to smith's village, reforge, etc. You need 3-4 ED1s to be able to do this comfortably.

Hero of the Holy Sword (ED3): Clear tournament round 6 (unlocks new party members), reforge sword (see above), bring new party members along when you fight the demon king.

Here's a quick rundown of things you should do for the first ED2:

Do Warrior school to unlock Knight's Training Area
Steer Clear of the Slums, it's extra movement and max destiny
Do not go to Orphanage, it's a net movement loss
Finish Talk to Teacher before talking to the girl in the slums to avoid losing movement

AotC fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 21, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arzaac posted:

No, they should work fine. You just have to click and hold on them.

Admittedly, holding to use is a bit finnicky (on mobile anyway), but you should be able to do it.

Oh I misunderstood how those work. I thought it progressed time for everyone so I was trying to use it in town but it doesn't let you do it there.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
I started Trimps and played it to 500s, where it turns into just grinding repeating runs, and then dropped it again.

Now I picked up Synergism again and was surprised how quickly it actually progresses. And also managed to miss those two upgrades that depend heavily on Transcensions count... again.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I'm liking how the different layers play together in Incrementree so far. Definitely needs an autoclicker or holding enter not not make it unplayable though.
E: Nevermind, the dev thinks war and wore are homophones. poo poo game.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 21, 2020

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

That Prestige Tree mod that was posted finally defeated me at Capsules. I could not stomach ANOTHER reset back to zero, especially when it looked like it would take several capsules to get anything that really significantly sped up the process of getting more Capsules. It seems like that's the last real layer anyways, so whatever.

I felt the same way but Capsules are much, much less bad than Origins.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

crime weed posted:

so, the latest Evolve update --- question about soul gems & the new content:

is there some trick to getting to 2000 gems for the towers - apart from waiting? Do the mysterious pillars boost gem drop rate? If you get enough security, does that reduce the soul gem cost somehow? Or do I just need to wait 70 hours for the gems to trickle in?

Have you scouted and secured the Pit yet?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Anyway, I beat that Prestige Tree mod and it was pretty cool but let me just say: gently caress the Boson and Super Prestige layers and mega gently caress the Origin layer for making me do them 100 times.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Pigbuster posted:

I'm a couple zones into sadistic and I'm still wearing that secret item. It's probably the most useful equipment in the game, so yeah, you should stick it out.

Did it take you ages to get it? I've had the game active for the better part of 3+ full days now since maxing out the standard exile gear and still no drop of the secret item which in turn unlocks that other gear piece to drop. That's why I'm not sure if the wiki's right or if I'm missing a step.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

GrossMurpel posted:

?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Cheers!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

GrossMurpel posted:

Why you gotta do Edwin Starr dirty like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7V6FAoTLc

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I feel like I'm missing something in Incrementreeverse right at the very end. I have all the Capsule Milestones and the first two Capsule upgrades and the third upgrade wants me to get 25k Capsules when the generation speed still seems EXTREMELY slow. I dunno if one of my upgrades bugged out here or what.

Edit: Ah, it was my bad habit of building up without resetting screwing with me again. Nevermind.

Edit 2: Beat it. Overall? It was okay.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 22, 2020

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

crime weed posted:

so, the latest Evolve update --- question about soul gems & the new content:

is there some trick to getting to 2000 gems for the towers - apart from waiting? Do the mysterious pillars boost gem drop rate? If you get enough security, does that reduce the soul gem cost somehow? Or do I just need to wait 70 hours for the gems to trickle in?

Touching the ancient pillars and spending a harmony crystal with each SPECIES will lower the required soul gem amount by 12 per gate. However, the best way to farm soul gems is to boost attractors. The more attractors the more gems. Try to pump your attractors up as high as you can while still keeping a foothold with your fortress. More predator drones, more war droids, more gun emplacements.

I don't think this needs a spoiler cause this is like sandcastle builder levels of gobbledygook

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

legends of idleon desperately needs to tell you which storage upgrades you've already used on a per character/account basis.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Agent355 posted:

legends of idleon desperately needs to tell you which storage upgrades you've already used on a per character/account basis.

Yup. Especially when some of them cost a non-insignificant amount of materials to make.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

There's a poll for QoL features on the discord, and that's by far the most requested option.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see it in the next update.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Also is there a way to split stacks that I don't know about?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

Have you scouted and secured the Pit yet?
Yup!

Garfu posted:

Touching the ancient pillars and spending a harmony crystal with each SPECIES will lower the required soul gem amount by 12 per gate. However, the best way to farm soul gems is to boost attractors. The more attractors the more gems. Try to pump your attractors up as high as you can while still keeping a foothold with your fortress. More predator drones, more war droids, more gun emplacements.

I don't think this needs a spoiler cause this is like sandcastle builder levels of gobbledygook
yup, did that! definitely not gonna reset 43 times to get the 500 discount, but it's a neat little feature for sure.

and yeah, maxxing attractors seems like the only way to improve drop rate at this point - up to 42/hour! Only 35 hours left to go!! 🙂👍

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

explosivo posted:

Also is there a way to split stacks that I don't know about?

That's also on the list of polled upcoming QoL features (The poll is just "Which is most important to get in first?", everything is apparently getting added eventually)

Some of the other things not yet mentioned:

- Being able to see the daily reset timer from anywhere
- A special token to refund just one talent's points
- "Time spent AFK" on player selection screen
- wiki button in-game
- 'lock' feature to prevent items from accidentally being sold/upgraded/dropped
- shop buyback after selling things
- An incentive for actively killing mobs (??? this seams more like a feature than a QoL thing)

Also, since I didn't know there was one, here's the link to the wiki.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Then more gun emplacements will also decrease the time in-between soul gems, since it guarantees 20-40 demons per gun per tick removed from around your fortress and added to the accumulated total for only an energy requirement (and soldier reduction up to a point!). The formula is set up so that the fewer demons are around, the more are generated in response. Killing them faster means more demons means more soul gem chances.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So I'm thinking for idleon it's probably best to make some pure harvesters right after you hit a boss. You get extra keys for each character you get to a boss so it makes sense to at least get that far. I'm betting a similiar mechanic will exist for bosses added in the future so I'd expect to use respec potions to jump back and forth from harvesters to combat focused character in a sort of leap frog action.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Agent355 posted:

So I'm thinking for idleon it's probably best to make some pure harvesters right after you hit a boss. You get extra keys for each character you get to a boss so it makes sense to at least get that far. I'm betting a similiar mechanic will exist for bosses added in the future so I'd expect to use respec potions to jump back and forth from harvesters to combat focused character in a sort of leap frog action.

I believe the conventional wisdom is you should at the very least push to the first boss for all your to-be-crafters, Level 30 if you can push a little bit longer, and Subclass if you can push further still. I’m at the Level 30 grind step with my 2-4 slots currently. My main is Level 40 but I haven’t hit the boss up yet, plan to do that tomorrow.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

How useful/important is a Luck based Archer?

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
I really liked Incrementreeverse. It was really linear, but gave the illusion of more depth. I think I prefer that to the games that give you tons of options, but there is only one very specific(and possibly counter-intuitive) way of getting real progress and you have to check the wiki/join a discord to find it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

KazigluBey posted:

How useful/important is a Luck based Archer?

Not very, I just got my subclasses and I gotta say barbarian is the most immediately useful one

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

please knock Mom! posted:

Not very, I just got my subclasses and I gotta say barbarian is the most immediately useful one

I disagree. It's obviously not an immediate priority, but there are a lot of very useful rare drops (Luck special talent, longsword stamp, battleaxe stamp, etc.) and it's super helpful to have a character that can farm those more efficiently.

Though, for reference, my luck archer is my 5th character. It was more important to get 2 warriors, and my first archer and mage first.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The person who made that Incrementreeverse mod is working on a new one already. It signposts what to do next a lot better, but it makes up for that improvement by making you manually rebuy everything a lot, lot, more and having a mandatory 5 second global cooldown so you can't rapidly prestige for some reason (it's more of a nuisance early on, to be fair, but since it makes you wait to get started after you hit a new layer it's still incredibly lovely and dumb). It's updating regularly, though, so hopefully that'll be fixed before too long.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 22, 2020

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

The person who made that Incrementreeverse mod is working on a new one already. It signposts what to do next a lot better, but it makes up for that improvement by making you manually rebuy everything a lot, lot, more and having a mandatory 5 second global cooldown so you can't rapidly prestige for some reason (it's more of a nuisance early on, to be fair, but since it makes you wait to get started after you hit a new layer it's still incredibly lovely and dumb). It's updating regularly, though, so hopefully that'll be fixed before too long.

that sounds loving awful ngl

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Saraiguma posted:

that sounds loving awful ngl

It's pretty bad

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's like they realised there were lessons to be learned about how bad that got in the mid-late stages of Incrementreeverse... and came to the conclusion that it wasn't tedious enough.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Arzaac posted:

I disagree. It's obviously not an immediate priority, but there are a lot of very useful rare drops (Luck special talent, longsword stamp, battleaxe stamp, etc.) and it's super helpful to have a character that can farm those more efficiently.

Though, for reference, my luck archer is my 5th character. It was more important to get 2 warriors, and my first archer and mage first.

Yeah archers suck rear end at tough content right now in my experience but the last update added unique drops to every world 1 enemy, and they’re definitely the best at getting those to drop

Just don’t make one before you have lots of support for them

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Idleon barbarians are absolutely the most useful subclass because of their taunt and many cleave attacks, they're also the easiest class to push high accuracy on because of how much high wisdom gear the game has at this particular stage. They're also perfect for farming the colosseum, which you should definitely be doing as much as possible because the iron boots recipe that drops from the 10k+ points chest is disgustingly overpowered for early game.

That being said, I discovered a ridiculous shaman build that shits out 7k damage basic attacks and she is currently dominating every single thing she sees in world 2, even coconuts, at only level 38??? Nerf incoming, probably.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It’s wild that warrior gets infinite cleave while archers get........ +25% droprate?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Post ur builds, and if possible please specify if they're a build that goes elsewhere for a while before respecing into its (current? final?) posted form. I'm kinda flailing around but I AM finding the game more compelling than Idle Skilling, so there's that.

Spotted the dev out in the game today, at least I think that's him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

please knock Mom! posted:

It’s wild that warrior gets infinite cleave while archers get........ +25% droprate?

Much like the idiotically powerful shaman build I made, I think I have a similarly stupid one for bowman waiting in the wings but I want to hit 40 before I respec into it to make sure, there's a lotttt of janky synergy between skills that most people are not exploring because they just want the cookie-cutter meta builds

Also reset potions are hard to come by still, kinda, so I get it