Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Challenges would be fine if I could complete multiple levels at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

IA is currently on my 'I will pick this up again in a month if they fix all the bugs' list.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Idle Skilling is way more fun once you edit your save and add 500 Pachinko balls, giving you enough gems to get over the P2W hump.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 2, 2019

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Magres posted:

How do you do this?

Look up sol editor, and Minerva. The save file can be found by following this link on Kong: https://www.kongregate.com/forums/1023269-idle-skilling/topics/1773866-save-game-location
It is actually fairly easy.

Also there are online editors for Trimps and Evolve, if you want. The only game I don't cheat at is NGU because 4g is awesome, and because NGU doesn't require disgusting amounts of money.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Musluk posted:

Still got nothin' on the new titan tho.

Btw Peachfart, that corgi might be familiar to you lol.

omg, corgi

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Aurora posted:

don't cheat trimps unless you're doing like autotrimps

I honestly grab a few bones every so often because Trimps has the slowest game play in existence. But it was also the first incremental game I ever gave money to so it all balances out.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

something posted:

Well, the sales on Steam today has outpaced even Kongregate which is... Wow. Wooooow.

It's been 15 hours of nonstop action from me, I'm POOPED

I'm sure you know, but there isn't any store bigger than Steam so this is probably the best money you will make on NGU. Don't spend it all at once. :) And also congrats.

Edit: Also you should make your next idle game with an RPG system of sorts, those games are always popular(see Arcanum) but usually half baked(also see Arcanum).

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 2, 2019

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I quit Arcanum a week ago when the buggyness became too much to deal with, not surprising that he needs to rebuild everything from scratch. Awesome game and concept, definitely needs things like 'bug testing' and a 'roadmap' and a 'changelog'.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It looks good, but your text alignment looks wonky between the player stats which are aligned left and the enemy stats which look aligned center(or at least have way more spacing than the player stats)

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I'm the guy mad about idle mechanics in an idle game

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Use mayo, and the cooking stat effects it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Sexual Aluminum posted:

The grind after exile v2 is real. I don’t even want to look what it’s like from 3 to 4

It would be a nice change to reduce the needed amount of stats since Exile isn't endgame anymore and is the point where you slam into a very slow and boring wall.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Huh, I thought cirrial came into this thread and said incremental games were bad and he wouldn't make another.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Red Minjo posted:

Did this new release nerf turning algae into residue or did I remember it being better than it actually was?

The changelog shows a whole bunch of nerfs to slow the game down. It doesn't really have any new content so far, it is just slower.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah MD doesn’t really do it for me either.

Getting to the first Vacuumic and losing ALL other progress/upgrades/uautomation was very demoralizing. (Sure, achievements does help a bit, as well as the few starter nau/grav/photons)

So, uh, how many times am I supposed to make this grind? It takes hours of active play per attempt.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Blattdorf posted:

NGU Industries feedback:
1. The flavour text when you mouse over something is ridiculously big, covering up an unnecessarily large portion of the screen.

This is terrible and is driving me crazy.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

What does the Steam version bring that is different from the free version that has been out for years?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Also gem creation has a chance of making a free steam.

Also lava gets cheaper the more you have of it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Bunch of people itt not understanding that rng is rng.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I got totally stuck at 33 Supernovas, and I can't do anything else. I at least saw a path the other times I was stuck, but nothing seems to be able to move forward at this point.

Edit: So I join the Discord, and find out how to beat a locked Neutron Tree challenge in a very weird way.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 24, 2022

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Jhet posted:

I've hit the current end in Incremental Mass Rewritten. Pretty good, and no big complaints except for the constant need to click on challenges constantly. Not a bad game for making numbers get bigger, but not overly complicated to the point of needing an index just to try to figure out what affects what (which affects...).

At the current game end, you no longer need to click on challenges. But for the vast majority of the game, agreed.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

somekindofguy posted:

Stop the presses, Synergism just dropped v.2.9, AKA the Reality Update part I. Seems like
the corruptions got simplified. So I need to retweak those now and finally get those sweet Platonic Cubes...

Good, because the corruption system was way over complicated.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Residual Toast posted:

Daniel Mullins (Pony Island and Inscryption guy) made a short little game for LD52: https://dmullinsgames.itch.io/boba

I get to the point where I click the pink orbs on earth and the game opens several windows and the text is messed up. Can't progress from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Randalor posted:

... what.