Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Eldercain linked it, its just that someone else posted after them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Holy poo poo, guys

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Antimatter Dimensions is being active during a certain period until you figure how to idle it more efficiently. So at first with the antimatters proper and getting some IPs to set up the autobuyers, then Breaking Infinity and expanding with Infinity Dimensions to balance your IP/min statistics, reaching Replicantis and expanding the IDs and then infinity infinities to Eternity, unlocking Time Dimensions and retroactively affecting everything else.

So it is one number that affects another that affects another and so on.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
It helps a bit to follow this guide, at least because of some sections where the game would punch you in the nuts if you were unprepared. It's not exactly a "follow exactly these steps and get this exact outcome" like Realm Grinder, more like a "If you are around this point, doing this is going to help"

https://antimatter-dimensions.fandom.com/wiki/Guide

There isn't much to miss or mess up until around you Break Infinity, but some of the challenges prior can be a headache and the ones after can be somewhat mindboggling.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Android: I'm playing Tap Tap Evil Mastermind and it revels in the sensory overload design of games. The pixel art is pretty good and the sound design is all rewarding beeps and boops, some of the tracks even being oddly reminiscing of GBC Pokemon games.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
There are some lull moments in the game, yea.

Did you mean the Normal Challenges? Infinity Dimensions and Infinity Challenges blow up your IP/min pretty hard but I have no idea what upgrades you're buying.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Also, check if a quick Crunch is really the most profitable you can do. Let a run go for around ~5min and see what the peak IP/min you reach is, then set your autobuyer to cut it at that point. At this point, you have a Statistics option that shows your last 10 infinities - as well as other info - that helps with the balancing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

explosivo posted:

Thanks for the help, I do have some infinity upgrades already purchased, I was able to save up 2e7 IP with enough time so I have the first 3 of the two columns purchased already. I think I have to separate myself from thinking that faster runs = better gains. I guess I'm not even really positive what it is I'm doing that makes the IP go up and why longer runs would make that happen.

"Short runs: Automatic Dimboosts set to 0/10, Automatic Galaxies set to 1, Automatic Big Crunch set to how much you make in 0.5-1.5 seconds. "

I see stuff like this on the guide you posted which kind of helps but I don't quite understand the "Dimboosts 0/10" part. Is that "Max 8ths - 0 / galaxies required 10"? I feel like I am setting them up according to those recommendations and nothing happens.

There are some elements of the game that will click on you at some point but are terribly explained - and frankly, very obtuse.

That means your dimboosts will happen as soon as they're available. The limiter will be how many galaxies you can reach right now; If you chose 10 galaxies but you can't reach that number, the autobuyer won't Dimboost and you'll get stuck.

Take the autobuyer recommendations from the wiki with a grain of salt, they're mostly a point of reference than a rule; Tune more or fewer galaxies or slower or faster crunches depending on your current settings.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm giving it a try right now, got a little stumped but since enemies don't have armor - yet at least - I'm running a stacked Warrior and a Cleric and seeing how that goes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa posted:

I'm giving it a try right now, got a little stumped but since enemies don't have armor - yet at least - I'm running a stacked Warrior and a Cleric and seeing how that goes.

That went terribly, balanced build it is.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I don't believe enemies get armor, but the scaling ensures they don't need it. Shield warrior and cleric work well enough to get you to 16, but you'll get prestige before you reach 20.

e: ah yeah, word of warning - if you get to level 2 prestige, it resets level 1 prestige buys along with the other stuff level 1 prestige resets. So be a little a careful about prestiging when the game alerts you that you will earn some higher-level prestige soon.

cheers

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I thought it was a simple Idle game, the kind you play once and then move on as soon as you close the tab.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I got an unfortunate boost bonus

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

frankenbeans posted:

Holy poo poo, I totally forgot it uses flash. So, er. Have flash, I guess.

This is going to be a little hard to do in a year or so.

I'm giving this one a try, but it seems I have already played it a while ago. Despite having no save I sorta remember these graphics.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

KittyEmpress posted:

I started NGU a few weeks ago, got bored, played a little bit again today. So I've got like 15 days on, and I'm still in the forest:

I understand literally nothing, and am not really seeing what I should be doing at this point, besides getting my basic training energy requirements lower.

You are somewhat limited in the early game. If you are in the Forest then you should be doing these:

- Dropping equipment pieces from Adventure and getting them to Level 100; one entire Set will give you a nice bonus(you can hover over an item in the Item List to see what they are)

- Rebirthing every 30 min or 60 min depending on how active you are; this will boost your Energy Cap and lower your Basic Training requirements

- Spend Exp on your Energy Power for the Augments and enough on Speed to get you to 50 with your Equipment bonus. You won't have Speed bonus forever but by that point you'll have enough Exp to reach 50 naturally.

- After you've made some progress, consider some of the more significant - and costlier - purchases: Auto Merge and Basic Loot Filter are a good start.

There are more helpful players in the Goon's Channel on the Discord if you want to chat up with people directly.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The True Idle Experience is reading an entire post full of detailed explanation of what sounds like completely made up gibberish but that makes perfect sense to whoever is playing at the same spot.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Ineptitude posted:

Huh?

The only one worth wearing is the Ascended x6 one, all the other variants are way outpaced by the other gear you have by the time you are able to get some more levels on your newest pendant.
And the only reason Ax6 is worth wearing is at that stage of the game you no longer need NGU speed from accessories

I just got the Ascended Ascended and never took the previous one off unless I needed to boost my EP.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Alkahistorian is a better cultist simulator than Cultist Simulator

It really feels like you're working with some dark, forbidden magic with the sheer effort it takes to make some sand.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The big BETA/EARLY ACCESS tag puts me off a bit, but CryptoClickers seems interesting and I'll give it a whirl later.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Congratulations, you all made me give Alkahistorian another try.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I just realized that the first time I played Alkahistorian I began straight with Part III

That might be one of the reasons it made such an impression on me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
You need Water from its respective rift. In Chapter 2 and 3 you first need to passively generate an income from the 4 basic elements before engaging in the machines and other mechanics.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Who wants to play some IDLE HUMAN and grow a human body from a single cell?

(not me)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Wow, you're far as gently caress for someone who didn't do any challenges.

Definitely push a Basic, which you will 100% get under 24h, then smash the 24h Challenge. Then do one of each of the others, except the Troll.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Please run No Equipment Challenge, I'm getting seriously anxious thinking of all the manual boosting you all have been doing

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Not even 10 posts on the new idle game and it already seems like everyone is making up poo poo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lmao this is all made up, it has to be

Samuringa posted:

Not even 10 posts on the new idle game and it already seems like everyone is making up poo poo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm having a hard time with two things:

First, Adventuring is very hit or miss, sometimes literally. My Mana doesn't last long enough for my spells to carry me very far and equipment seem sparse. Do I just keep running the same one again and again hoping to get a new trinket?

Second, Codices are a pain in the rear end to craft, is there any way to automatize that?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Fool posted:

Whoever said the trickster skills didn't make enough money didn't take them far enough to start robbing banks.

Rolling in the gold coins and gems now.

I have no idea what do with all this gold and gems except get more furniture to store more gold and gems

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

dis astranagant posted:

lol arcanum dev doubled down on focus being ridiculous. It now improves so now I get 30 xp every click.

Click once and hold enter.

Boom.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Arcanuse posted:

I see your resting/murder, and raise you

You gotta clean the messes you leave behind, I believe

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Its going to be really good to go back to this game in a month or so with a fresh save

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

something posted:

Psst. One day til Launch!

ITS OUT

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I don't think that's a bug, 4G was going to remove it at some point.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Arcanum felt like it was being developed by an actual wizard for a while and that was really good

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm at the tail end of Normal mode and, aside from the Slab of Meat, never maxxed GRB's gear, just enough to get good enough to idle at Clockwork. The set bonus isn't worth it and you'll have a full Clockwork set way sooner.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Only do 1 of each Challenge for the first completion bonus and then forget about them until you can finish one in less than 20min. The progression at this point isn't much different from what you - probably - already did before, max your set and put some Adv Training until you can idle the 2D Universe. Spend some Exp on getting your Cap high enough to Auto Activate the first three fruits and then back on Power and Bars as usual.

At this point, you might want to adjust your Rebirth to be as long as your fruit takes to grow, preferably the Fruit of Adventure for its permanent bonus. The Ygg goal right now is getting the Pom autoactivate so it can feed the rest of the fruits.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
NGU Adventure? The exploder enemies are Power checks, if they're getting you then you still need more stats.

You'll need to pump it pretty high for UUG as well, no reason not to begin here.

edit: and pump the Time Machine then eat Fruits of Gold for your Diggers. Any that gets a level up gives a bonus to all the others.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Merijn posted:

Incremental Adventure just updated to add a new prestige meta-layer 'Ascension'.

You know, for like, if you're getting bored with NGU.

I am pretty bored right now so might as well try, wonder if it still breaks when your stats are too big

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Pigbuster posted:

What idle game has the largest numbers? It honestly feels like there’s still plenty of unexplored wild math territory out there.

Antimatter Dimensions goes over infinite several times, probably that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa posted:

I am pretty bored right now so might as well try, wonder if it still breaks when your stats are too big

One day and the Prestige is already broken, the _ Floors From Death from layers 2 and 3 somehow nullified the whole thing and I begin from Floor 1 anyway.