Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Do we have a Legends of Idleon guild or is this not the right thread to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

In Elethor as DietDrPibb, would be interested in joining whatever runoff corp gets created.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Hughlander posted:

I feel I keep asking stupid questions in orb. But here’s todays. I unlocked alchemy but only have the first recipe. I see a research thing that takes 20 water but haven’t discovered the source of it yet. I think I finished research alchemy 2 even but maybe I went to sleep with it going. Where the water at?

There's a spell that generates water/fire just gotta keep on that path.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So I finally made progress in this, decided to spam begging for a few lives until I could afford the speed upgrade manual and the "jobs stay post death" manual, then turned pause on death off, set Odd Jobs 9 and Rest 1 and let it go for a few hours, it's not efficient but over many many lives it finally got all my base skills to where I actually have options at the start of a run.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Vasler posted:

What did you all do to get your speed up to a point where you can start alchemy after a reincarnation in Immortality Idle? I've been trying to do journeyman leatherworking, but it's very slow.

Edit: I've never seen a pill, despite the fact that I have "Alchemy" as a skill and herbs in my inventory. Is this just a random thing that can happen? I've made up to +8 potions, though!

Pills are just potions that are +40/50ish and above.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'm up to the impossible tower in Immortality Idle and holy poo poo this is 10x more complicated and annoying then anything previous.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Huge nerfs to aptitude and lifespans in Immortality Idle, killed most interest I had in it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So I got base 1 in USI but it is insanely slow to develop, this is my first real speedbump is there something I'm missing beyond upgrade the squares when I get the chance? I don't see any mods/research that helps it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'm hitting a new wall in USI, I cannot get enough scrap like I'm stuck around sector 22 with tier 2 weapons now but they take way more scrap then I can get even with all the modules/v devices/reactor boosts I can stack.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Guess I should use that more, I need to save up for more module slots.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Purple Synth in USI does not gently caress around, I'm gonna need some huge bonuses before I can really start scratching this.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

USI: I'm just starting to break into green level synthing and sector 14. I'm unsure about what to do with synth points at this point. I have four modules and have finished the first and second synth speed upgrades - when do I say gently caress it and hunker down and chase synth slot 3? Alternatively, do I get module slot 5? 6?

You'll need it all eventually however Synth slot 3 is truly helpful, I did mine near the end of green.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Orb of Creation actually put some news on his Steam page, the new changes are very encompassing, no solid eta though.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

gay devil posted:

ive been messing around with this since yesterday, its good and feels very very different from the last time i played it but is there really still no way to autocast? i get that the game is intended to be relatively active play but spamming the same spells for hours is pretty tiring & tedious

What spells are you casting that require hours of spamming? Don't use cantrips that much past very early game, basically bumrush to alchemy and stack 5-6 of the spell that boosts transmute/refinement and you will be fine. Almost anything in the game can get generation into the infinite with stacking 5-6 of the same generator boosting spell like that.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Malt posted:

A new idle game came out today, https://web.idle-mmo.com

Similar to Ironwood, but I found it more enjoyable for some reason during the Beta. I didn't get very far though cause the reset was going to happen soon.

Referral code if anyone wants to give it a try: IMMO926

A brief glance makes this feel very very cash grabby, the first benefit of the $6.99 membership is

"Increase your maximum idle time. Featured
Increase your maximum idle time from 80 minutes to 120 minutes."

A single inventory slot upgrade cost $3.50 in real money.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The melvor mod store is neat, never seen direct mod integration in an idler before.

socialsecurity fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 26, 2023

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I got the Sacrificial Dagger but I still can't even scratch the 3rd boss in Super Turtle Idle. I'm stuck at level 30 I feel like I should be unlocking talents or classes but am unsure how to progress. Best armor I can get seems to be from the second boss tiger so I've started farming it more.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

Basic rule of the game seems to be that bosses are usually something you skip and come back to later. At this point you should soon be able to clear the first arena "showdown" and start grinding the first dungeon. In practice, maxing every piece of equipment you haven't yet is worthwhile for the associated bonuses.

Ah that was it I kept doing the skirmishes but not the showdowns thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I was able to net king penguin? multiple times.