Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Playing Elethor as AtomicDog, would be interested in signing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Anyone still playing Elethor? I'd love to do incursions w/ goons

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

I'm AtomicDog on Elethor

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Evolve Idle sounds really cool but it's been 3 days and I haven't hit first prestige yet. Does it get any faster?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Rynoto posted:

Yes, significantly. Although you should really use the automation scripts and then tailor it to your own needs as even the token amount of in-built automation leaves a bunch of boring busywork.

I should note however that absolute endgame 4* challenge runs will still take a few days.

Is there one you'd recommend? A quick Google makes it look like there was some drama and a project fork

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Notice me 4G sempai

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Drake and Drone up to 20 levels will help the most, then up to you if you wanna start saving Plat to keep leveling them up or you wanna raise the other companions to 20

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Anyone played a good Cultivation themed idle game? I really enjoyed Amazing Cultivation Simulator because the theme lets them go hog wild with weird mechanics; I'm wondering if there's an idle game that might scratch the same itch

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Just sent a request to join the idleon guild

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Yeah Lavaflame seems allergic to good or consistent UI/UX and it's baffling.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Just jumped back in, those patch notes seem good all around

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Sivart13 posted:

dang I installed this and it immediately sucked up 3 hours or so

always something to do, suffers a little from the "too many tabs" problem though. most of the time I'm paging through the different things looking for the cheapest upgrade to pursue

You can use the arrow keys to navigate and there are binds for specific tabs though they are blank by default. I have tab for load out, for example

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

ZZT the Fifth posted:

So, 15-ish hours into Orb of Creation there's suddenly combat as a new mechanic and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it other than continuing to build up.

e: Is there a better place to paste my Evolve Idle save than Pastebin, since they're apparently rejecting my saves?

It's gonna suck at first because you're bottle-necked at Ceremony and Ectoplasm. Stock up on Elementia (pink alchemy liquid) because it will allow you increase your Blaze cap and that's what let's you use more spells/better spells. Concentration (wiz upgrade) is good too because it improves elemental quality

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

explosivo posted:

Starting to feel a tad overwhelmed by the amount of possibilities for spell combinations and glyphs in Orb of Creation, is there like a guide to useful spells/loadouts or anyone have any tips for loadouts I should be doing? Does there really have to be 3 (so far) different augments to reduce the effect of a spell to make it easier to cast?

I'm not a expert by any means; Discord would be the place for that. But here are some general tips:

The exact wording of Amass Power is it gives a bonus to the next non-charm spell for every .5 seconds since the spell was cast. You can stack duration extenders to give another spell a massive boost.

Cap extenders (Raloch's Cube, Static Field, others) or quality enhancers are invaluable as they will allow you to push past your capacity to buy upgrades and raises your caps even more.

Remember that you can voluntarily downgrade spells, it can be worth it for the lower mana, shorter CD, etc. Especially early when you don't have a lot of buff charms. More useful to run 6 gather knowledges than one x3 gather knowledge that drains your entire mana pool.

Keep an eye on cooldowns. You can use quick and slow to adjust things; if you're waiting around for the rest of a combo to come off CD you might also well throw slow on your fast spells and get some more power out of it.

Brainstorm is very, very good and it's not a charm spell.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Buzkashi posted:

Basically everything can be automated at some point.

When you get the next World Aspect, there's a point that wasn't articulated well that I discovered by mistake -

You can run the same transmutation/alchemy recipe multiple times up to your Capacity by clicking on it again from the Recipes field, and cancel one iteration of it at a time by clicking on it under the Active Alchemy field.

Ctrl+Click does the maximum amount of purchases or up to alchemy cap

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Randalor posted:

It's the resource made from the Alteration spell. It builds up kind of slowly, from what I've seen. I was working on upgrading other stuff before really tackling that stuff.

Latest version made Transfigure a Divining Alteration spell, so while you can stack your Divining buffs to speed it along.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Voltaic and Surged are great generic picks since spark costs become trivial at herbalism

Amass Power scales off its duration so duration extenders are very good for it

Otherwise it's situational.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 11, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Hughlander posted:

I feel I keep asking stupid questions in orb. But here’s todays. I unlocked alchemy but only have the first recipe. I see a research thing that takes 20 water but haven’t discovered the source of it yet. I think I finished research alchemy 2 even but maybe I went to sleep with it going. Where the water at?

I did the same. it's a spell: create water

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Sivart13 posted:

Clicking through all the different tabs looking for upgrades and mousing over everything over and over triggers my RSI but maybe I'm just old.

You can navigate through the tabs w/ the arrow keys and there are binds to jump to certain menus but you have to set them yourself

I have tab for spell loadout and A for artifacts, for example

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

How do you get the spirit gems for ascension?

I'm just seeing like lvl 5 and gently caress that

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

How do you merge weapons manually?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

pixaal posted:

Can I make the peach giant? Do I find out the character is named James?

Nah but there are other reasons to cultivate peaches in Chinese mythology

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Vasler posted:

How high did you all grind your stats with alchemy before moving on to something else like smithing in Immortality Idle?

Once you can hit Master comfortably without spending most of your lifespan. You could even aim for regular Alchemy instead since it's still a great money maker.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Feline Mind Meld posted:

which stat lets you get more followers? I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing to progress other than slamming the fancy pills at the moment

50M charisma

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Was lazy kings in JS originally or was it converted to escape the Flashpocalypse?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

pyrofreak421 posted:

Life is a manual grindy mess and I would avoid it if possible.

Thread title

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Deki posted:

A devlog came out a little under a month ago, it looks like the next update will wildly shake up the current game if not require a full reset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X-x99JeljU

I can't blame Marple too much for the development going slowly, it's really, really easy to lose momentum on a project like this when you have a full time job. especially when the changes are adding big new mechanics to what is a relatively complicated game compared to most idles.

OoC has really good bones for an idle so I'm excited to see what they come up with. Being able to "push" your resource limits is really fun

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

and no it's not a nazi thing

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Banemaster posted:

Does anyone know what do different elements (Air, Fire, Earth, Water) do in Magic Research?

The help isn't very helpful about this.

a bunch of stuff: specializing in one gives you a discount on spells of that type, it decides which evocation spells you get, and which wand you can unlock with a speck

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 10, 2023

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Jhet posted:

Maybe if the story was more interesting, but it's pretty flat and the early stuff doesn't get appreciably faster the further in you play.

FWIW I thought experience points being a curse of strife from the gods was a neat twist

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

sounds like the OoC dev is a full-time student so updates will probably be slow

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

There's a swole duck feeding babies to a fistula in my goose's neck

what is happening

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Focus on combining your babies; their bonus is exponential

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

look, when you get 3 babies close to each other they will merge together and evolve into a higher form

I'm surprised they didn't cover this in health class

You unlock a chamber that turns a level 5 baby into a level 1 baby of a different tier

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 30, 2023

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

crime weed posted:

theres one level above OrgansBaby but you don't get it by merging

Played through level 6 and I've got some thoughts.
Beyond the insane theming, the core mechanic of Tingus Goose is pretty fun. You are essentially building a Rube Goldberg machine to combine babies, and you have to work around the constraints of the level and the 'blossom' RNG. The blossoms are charmingly batshit and I've enjoyed the wrinkles each new stage adds to the basic mechanics: stuff like ladders you can use or gusts of winds that you must account for.

My nitpicks:
-For this sort of game play, I wish the physics were slightly more deterministic. I'll have a good engine chugging along but oops, something bounced the wrong way and now everything is hosed until :airquote: the line gets flushed out. looking at you, hive drones :argh:

-The in-game help is terrible. It's cool that they're trying to avoid :words: but the blossom info is often completely useless. And while slowly doling out manual pages is a good way to introduce new mechanics, it's dumb to unlock a manual page only to get information I would have to figured out on my first ascension.

-Poop. The bonuses are cool but gently caress having a button you have to hit every 10 seconds for optimal play in an 'idle' game

Rating: Weird Baby Hydra-Bird out of Five.
The basic game play is great but the mechanics could use some tuning; I hope it gets a balance patch.

Random exploit I found: The chamber of immortality fires off a baby when the animation completes no matter what, so if you put it next to your hive you can get a blue baby AND feed the level 5 to the hive

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 1, 2023

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

My level 1 baby merger is two straight extended platforms, one that the babies travel out on and another that they travel in on.

So:
--------------Beak Popper/ Beehive 1/ Luscious Hair
--------------Bee Hive 2

Hitting the end of the first one bounces them backwards, and they merge with the next one on their platform and the one below. It works pretty reliably, and it's flexible. If it's not working 100% of the time I put a bouncer of some kind underneath them.

If I have a Short Goose ( the one that lays 2 eggs) I'll set up some combo of platform, conveyer and bouncer underneath so the two new ones get moved to the other side then merge with an uneaten baby

explosivo posted:

My main strategy so far is to try to merge things as high as possible then work the way down. I feel like if you focus from the top down usually by the bottom it just works out that you've got a lot of high level merges happening and may not even notice as you're fiddling with stuff up top still.

The one thing about this is that the natural neck growths (ew) can generate a lot of income so it's worth tuning the downstream so it falls down the middle/over to the growths on the dude's back (double ew)

I'd love to know what successes people have had for higher level merges if they don't have Short geese, Golden heads or test tubes.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 3, 2023

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

I got goose for days

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

pixaal posted:

The red one? You need a fully merged one like the outline inside. Select the branch and push the magnifying glass it tells you what it does.

This one is poorly described though.

It turns a Level 5 ( Old Organs Baby) into a Level 1 Baby of a higher tier.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

MattDarling posted:

It didn't seem like I was going to get through generation 7, so I moved all the golden egg butts to the top so I could maximize egg income and get to ultra ascend sooner. It seems like cooking 100 eggs every 6h is mostly bad at the start because it keeps you away from ultra ascend.

But I've also had population problems since the golden eggs don't merge, so it can reduce your cash income to have them up too high. Cause they spend a long time bouncing their way down, holding up population slots.

Re: ultra ascend - do we know if you lose the fried egg income bonus if you spend them? Games have generally moved past that but Tingus instruction text is pretty sparse.

I didn't see the bonus itself but there's a stat for total fried eggs next to your other bonuses on the patient sheet; so probably?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Is there any purpose to the laser geese and the egg terminator? Best I can figure is they're good for getting rid of gold eggs?

They give significantly less money than banking my babies.

(This post reads like a fever dream.)

They have some value in acting as a filter so you don't have a stray Level 1 loving up your machine, but they aren't 100% foolproof at that so :shrug:

I think there's a bug that makes them disproportionate common spawns, too.