Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ghostlight posted:

Is it something you ever stop using? I still haven't found a replacement for it.

I'm farming the Typo Zone and I still use it so. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

something posted:

* Added Story for bosses 151-190! This story can only be seen when you move to Evil difficulty. You gotta work for that deep lore!

:f5:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Fool posted:

NGU

According to the wiki I just got enough stats to autokill GRB. Does autokill give items too, or just the exp from the titan?

As long as you're online/have the game open, yes, you get drops. You do not while offline, however.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, it's mostly that the text sucked rear end, and the supposed fixes to improve it weren't good enough.

Xtanstic posted:

Naw it's cause something paid people off to make a stealth NGU advertising thread.

Wait really? Where's my cut 4g? :argh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, aside from a handful of things that 4G feels are foundational design elements (like challenges), he's really receptive to input. There's no way I'd still be playing this long if he wasn't.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Peachfart posted:

Challenges would be fine if I could complete multiple levels at the same time.

For real. I'd love the auto-boost-transform and auto-boost features but I am not putting up with the bullshit of twenty identical 100LCs and NECs. I'm already dreading the extra Evil NRBs I need to do to get Godmother down to 1h. If I could do multiples at once then it wouldn't be anywhere near as much of a pain in the ballsack.

Like gently caress, I'd even sacrifice the AP/EXP rewards for the "convenience".

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

So what unlocks at prestige layer 3? I'm still plodding along at like 12 P2 points.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

When you first do pp3 you get 2x multipliers on all stats, which then increase by 2 when you spend pp3 on them.

Ah so it's not like PP2 the first time where it really feels like a step backward.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GrossMurpel posted:

Did you not think "oh neat x2 XP now my first PP1 will be much faster this time around"?

Not when it meant I lost the x9 XP I had before?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

something posted:

edit: also, I have some steam keys if anyone wants to help test the steam implementation. Goons get first dibs.

Clearly I should get one since I helped you find issues with the Kart implementation. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

To be honest, im not looking forward to sadistic difficulty at all.

Is really the average player so far into evil mode that another higher difficulty is needed?

No, but what does it hurt that the content exists?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Samuringa posted:

Alkahistorian is a better cultist simulator than Cultist Simulator

It really feels like you're working with some dark, forbidden magic with the sheer effort it takes to make some sand.

The first two weren't too bad, but the third Alkahistorian game made me feel dumber than a loving rock. Like I genuinely said out loud "I am too stupid for this game" and closed the tab after like two weeks.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Magres posted:

It really is a visually beautiful game.

If the person behind it ever just wants to make a visualizer-style version with everything going, it'd be great.

I wish I wasn't too dumb to understand the game though. :saddowns:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Merijn posted:

I'm not very far into Alkahistorian, but I seem to be stuck. The Void engine just unlocked, which takes sand and steam to do its thing. I have both. It's not making anything though.

The Steam engine also seems do just be sitting there, even though both reactions are turned on and it has loads of resources. I can't find anything that uses steam that's still turned on. What's going on?

This is pretty much where I quit too. Seemingly everything needs Void but Void needs more Steam and Steam won't produce past a certain value and gently caress it, it's not worth the frustration.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Seems fun, but I'm stuck at 95 research at the Falconer/Herbalist fork that needs 100, with two maxed skills and maxed scrolls, so I don't see how to proceed?

Did you buy the satchel that lets you carry 15 more scrolls or the magic circle furniture?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I dunno if it'll bite me in the rear end in the long term due to the permanent hit to max research but the passive stamina increase from Occult Endurance is ridiculous.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

I just unlocked the prestige and I still haven't found a "potsource" to make potions with.

Buy a Brazier for your house and you should unlock the Cooking Pot and Cauldron, both of which are potsources.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Holy poo poo how in the gently caress am I supposed to get 700 max research to become A True Magician(tm)?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sage Grimm posted:

Stuff your home with Bookshelves and Bookcases; study the stars, the languages and the lore; and have the spirits whisper in your ear while you're endlessly scribing scrolls and binding them into codexes (and maybe even compile some tomes while you're at it).

Ughhhh. The constant need to re-design your house is probably the most annoying thing about this game.

Also when the gently caress do I get to automate scroll production?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The real part of this that's missing is how da fuq I summon ghosts? :iiam:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Arcanuse posted:

Bit too deeply enmeshed to remember how I unlocked the skills, but for ghost summoning you need
Spirit lore + Air lore

loving... :doh: The one element I haven't unlocked yet. Figures.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sage Grimm posted:

I'm in the same boat as you, hella Spiritual and Divine but some humble element is holding me back. Also it's fairly buried in there, I'm 3/5 and nothing yet.

FAKE EDIT: 4/5 is where you need to hit.

EDIT: Orrrr not, that one isn't as interesting.

AIR-OR EDIT: Oh geez this is going to take some time.

See, I've been dabbling in all the primary elements but Air was what I left for last. At least I have a self-sustaining codex industry now. :iia:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The flavor text on some of the upgrades are pretty great. :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rynoto posted:

After more testing: For T1 at least you shouldn't pick anything besides Magician or Witch right now. The others are very barebones and don't seem to have anything special like those do.

Awwww, that's lame. I went Elementalist because the idea of it sounded neat. :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Hahaha holy poo poo I can literally spin gold. I'm a loving deranged elementalist in a house in the woods doing that. I really should rename my character. :allears:

E: This is also so I can finance making my own loving flying loving carpet, this is hilarious and awesome

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 25, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

So after unlocking Chronomancy and Time Split I was both resting and studying Chronomancy at the same time and holy poo poo if that isn't some actual "wizard loving with the rules of reality" poo poo. :v:

E:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 26, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

That's more elaborate than NGU was when it got started, :justpost: imo

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Pylons posted:

What do you have to do to unlock Chronomancy? I'm a tier 3 class and I have the Orrey, which improves my max chronomancy, but I don't have the skill unlocked.

Did you buy the clepsydra?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

They had one a few days ago. It was a week out of date and then it was removed so they could add a second Discord link :v:

Oh, did they get rid of the Patreon link then? :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Cinara posted:

because Eat Children is healing me for 31.5 hp/s.

I know we always talk about idle game talk sounding like some sort of weird code or whatever to outside observers but this is just... peak that idea. :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

Also no, the technical debt is that literally everything is passed by value with no way of keeping track of what anything should be. For example if you cast a buff it raises your stat then puts a timer to remove the stat. But if you load a save while a buff is active the buff gets reapplied to your already buffed stat and only the reapplied buff gets removed. And there's no way to find out what your stats were supposed to be.

I had an issue like that happen with enchanting - I put an enchant on an item and, mid-cast, equipped it to myself (I didn't realize that there was a cast time involved) and now I permanently just have one less max mana.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The auto-kill stats for the first titan are 3000 power/2500 toughness.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

an extended equipment screen of internal organs

You can't say that and expect people to envision anything but a something-ized version of an Operation game, you know that right?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I've been asking for that for ages, I don't think it's going to happen.

There's a way around it but uh... it's after the place that it's useful.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Meinberg posted:

In short, challenges are loving garbage other than troll and blind

ftfy

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Lord Banana posted:

Why can you buy over 50 in speed? Not that I have, just wondering what the point is

Once upon a time, the design for Evil would've demanded you spend more in Speed. That changed, and IIRC something removed the ability to buy above 50, but some idiots like me bought above that before he removed it. I have 51 energy speed forevermore. 🙃

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

H2Omelon posted:

Congrats on NGU Idle getting onto Steam's top releases of October list: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1630795514034259762

Right behind Destiny 2 of all things. :iia:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

Not my experience at all, which seems to be a recurring theme with NGU...

Realistically more just with pixaal's advice. IME you can safely multiply any given time frame by like 2.5-3x and it's more in line with normal player reality.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

All of this has been brought up to something multiple times and his answer has pretty consistently been "removing them would lovely nerds angry and it isn't worth it". :shrug:

At least the only ones with rewards in Evil are Basic/No Rebirth/No TM/No NGU/Troll/Blind, and not the really lovely "do the exact same thing 80 times in a row" ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

My biggest gripes are A) why are there 20/50/80 completions required for poo poo that has no progression and simply amounts to "demonstrate you can do this pointless busy work 20/50/80 times" and B) why in the fuckadoodle-doo can I not combine multiple NRBs together? If I can push through to boss 60 in three minutes, why do I have to "yes, I hit 37 while rushing to 60..." "yes, I hit 38 while rushing to 60..." "yes, I hit 39 while rushing to 60..." endlessly.

But 4G has heard all this bitching from me before so I'll just shut up.