Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

BisonDollah posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about with your last sentence? Look at the tweet you quoted that literally says they will investigate any complaints of racism.

Rangers see the £millions dropping off his value and are in full on PR asset-saving mode, the guy is promising but can't score against Celtic and is a loving liability and that's why teams aren't looking to throw Dembele/Tierney money to take him off your hands. Got to laugh at the conflating of sectarianism/racism, he has "orange bastard" chanted at him - a reference to a supersecret handshake drinking club that he isn't even allowed in because of his religion - and that equals racism? "Interesting", indeed. Writing is on the wall for his sale in January at a reduced rate so he can escape this racist backwater country full 'o fenians.

Is there any gesture a player could make to fans that would justify them responding with racist abuse? If you answer no, why did Celtic look to conflate the two in their response? What did it add to their strong condemnation? Do other clubs in other leagues respond similarly?

‘They weren’t being racist, just sectarian’?

:lol: at Alfie setting goal records left and right domestically and in Europe, on for 50 this season and teams won’t go in for him? Bollocks.

They found Forrest yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Is there any gesture a player could make to fans that would justify them responding with racist abuse? If you answer no, why did Celtic look to conflate the two in their response? What did it add to their strong condemnation? Do other clubs in other leagues respond similarly?
If you're going to try and misrepresent Celtic's response, it's a bit stupid to quote what they actually said right beside your shite.

quote:

:lol: at Alfie setting goal records left and right domestically and in Europe, on for 50 this season and teams won’t go in for him? Bollocks.
I'm sure he'll do as well as that other SPL record setter * checks notes* Kris Boyd ?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

If you're going to try and misrepresent Celtic's response, it's a bit stupid to quote what they actually said right beside your shite.

I'm sure he'll do as well as that other SPL record setter * checks notes* Kris Boyd ?

What am I misrepresenting? Did Celtic lead with condemnation of racism or ‘but he made a gesture’?

I’d be quite happy for Alfie to win the league twice in a row?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

"Total Meatlove" posted:

Celtic have made a statement saying, ‘well but he deserved it?’

Total Meatlove posted:

What am I misrepresenting? Did Celtic lead with condemnation of racism or ‘but he made a gesture’?

Those goal posts made a sonic boom they moved so fast there

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I’ve been quite clear that by Celtic including ‘but he made a gesture’ that the subtext was that he deserved it, unless you think I was literally quoting from it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The rangers supporter is correct and lol at defending what they said when you'd be calling it out at any other club

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Total Meatlove posted:

‘They weren’t being racist, just sectarian’?

They found Forrest yet?

If the video being floated about as "proof" of racist Celtic supporters it's 20 seconds of phone footage and he's called an orange bastard and a hun bastard by two different voices. It just did not loving happen. Sooo interesting. PR exercise to inflate Morelos price, don't worry I'm sure some daft EPL team will fall for it and throw the cash you need to stay afloat and they'll struggle in the relegation zone as their talisman sits with his finger up his arse during a few months ban because he strangled a player with his own shoelaces in his first game. He's an absolute bum supper and you know it.

Rangers with all the desperation of the weird kid on the playground trying to get you to use your Christmas money to buy their Atari Jaguar off them.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

BisonDollah posted:

It just did not loving happen. Sooo interesting. PR exercise to inflate Morelos price, don't worry I'm sure some daft EPL team will fall for it and throw the cash you need to stay afloat

is this an honest to god ‘playing the race card’ post?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Celtic supporters are really salty about that loss eh

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

is this an honest to god ‘playing the race card’ post?

Who thought it possible to be accused of being an ignorant racist against a two-bit PR deflection tactic run by the only Scottish football team to have a stand closed by UEFA due to racist fans in the year of 2019? I resent that, TML. You're scrambling.

And I'm definitely salty about the loss, Scottish football has Real Fans™. This PR exercise is a loving embarrassment though.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

It seems particularly odd to crow about Rangers having had a stand shut for sectarian singing (which was the right decision and has stopped it dead for the Europa games, and should be replicated in the league) when in the same conversation your assertion was ‘they just called him an orange hun bastard’.

Again, they found Forrest yet? Has the cause of Christie’s mysterious injury been confirmed?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/1212042420168413191?s=21

:lol: such a dirty loving club.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The old firm are a cancer on the game.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I'm glad that after 5-6 months of barely anyone posting we've all got our passion back and we can all finally get back to what really matters in Scotland: racism and violence.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

I'm glad that after 5-6 months of barely anyone posting we've all got our passion back and we can all finally get back to what really matters in Scotland: racism and violence.

We could work out how many players Hearts would have to buy in to stay up instead?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

We could work out how many players Hearts would have to buy in to stay up instead?

I have a Hearts supporting pal and it's almost sad to see him agitate for months to get rid of Levein, then wait for Stendel to be announced full of hope and excitement, and then oh no they're still bad.

I kinda hope he does well but god Hearts are even shitter than Hibs. Remember when Ann Budge was the model of a club owner, an example to all Scottish Football?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

I have a Hearts supporting pal and it's almost sad to see him agitate for months to get rid of Levein, then wait for Stendel to be announced full of hope and excitement, and then oh no they're still bad.

I kinda hope he does well but god Hearts are even shitter than Hibs. Remember when Ann Budge was the model of a club owner, an example to all Scottish Football?

Was that before she built a stand so bad it ruined the pitch? Or kept Levein on for no reason?

I reckon they need 6 players who can challenge for first team places? For all he adds when fit, Naismith is done.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Lol at Rangers. Just LOL.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Hearts are... good??

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

For all he adds when fit, Naismith is done.

That's aged well

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

That's aged well

Eduouard has the healthiest attitude to goal scoring and won’t hit a dip in form at all this season

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
What a time to be alive.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Grievo posted:

What a time to be alive.

:lol: gently caress me, was the password still ‘Levein2WinTheLeague?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Total Meatlove posted:

:lol: gently caress me, was the password still ‘Levein2WinTheLeague?

Whats the backstory here?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Whats the backstory here?

The 3 year posting hiatus and someone who posted in TRP when it was a thread in SAS run by a bald fail guy.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I still remember the glory days of Grievo, Outrospective, Russ, radge...

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

ICA could tell you the starting line up of a Celtic team from three years ago and identify any adult star by a blurry shot of a tattoo....

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Her Dryer posted:

Semprini still posts here, in pro wrestling and hockey threads.

Still my favorite user-name.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Her Dryer posted:

I think the 5-0 cup final broke radge

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

jre posted:

I think the 5-0 cup final broke radge

A lot has changed but it's comforting to know the one remaining constant

hibs are poo poo

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:rip: defoe

Also the bt interviewer just said "thank you odsonne" to olivier ntcham :pwn:

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Alfredo Morelos story this week is a loving belter. :bisonyes:

https://twitter.com/Daily_Record/status/1222779893991333889?s=19

He finds someone under his Lamborghini so papers run a story (at the behest of Rangers PR company) on Wednesday about it, theories of a crazed Celtic fan attempting to cut his brakes or plant a bomb do the rounds. Due to suspensions in January he plays his first game of the year on Saturday and is shite. Murder attempt on him and his pregnant wife surely played a factor?? Then the front pages today...

https://twitter.com/Sunday_Mail/status/1223751381842059267?s=19
WIFE HIRED DETECTIVE TO TRACK MORELOS

Banter years far from over.

https://twitter.com/TamsellicsonIII/status/1223758963717611520?s=19

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:lol: @ Scottish refereeing and Celtic conspiracy theories

https://twitter.com/durko92/status/1223953383041748992?s=21

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

:lol: @ Scottish refereeing and Celtic conspiracy theories

https://twitter.com/durko92/status/1223953383041748992?s=21

Why are Rangers so poo poo after the Winter Break yet again

also yes the Morelos story was amazing.

Her Dryer fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 2, 2020

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

"alfie" continues to have a normal one. Did an interview with sky where the subtitles said he was accusing Celtic fans of racism. Turns out the translation was complete bollocks and he never said that at all. Sky now saying translation was nothing to do with them :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/st...822438984183810

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Watching BSC Glasgow vs hibs because apparently I'm a masochist

Some hilarious tackles flying in though :eyepop:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

Watching BSC Glasgow vs hibs because apparently I'm a masochist

Some hilarious tackles flying in though :eyepop:

Until they discipline Porteous internally it’ll keep happening...

Hearts struggling to beat Falkirk was hilarious, how bad would you have to be to get beat by that shower?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

Until they discipline Porteous internally it’ll keep happening...

Hearts struggling to beat Falkirk was hilarious, how bad would you have to be to get beat by that shower?

Hearts play Celtic at Parkhead on Wednesday and I'm very looking forward to seeing how Stendelball works out there.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

Hearts play Celtic at Parkhead on Wednesday and I'm very looking forward to seeing how Stendelball works out there.

There’s going to be a hilarious Celtic loss to keep the league interesting, why not make it this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

There’s going to be a hilarious Celtic loss to keep the league interesting, why not make it this week?

I'll take what actually happened tonight instead, cheers