Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

There’s going to be a hilarious Celtic loss

indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
When do we get the Scandinavian refs / pre winter form back

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

When do we get the Scandinavian refs / pre winter form back

Do you have an idea why Rangers are poo poo now beyond just "We just are", like what the gently caress happened.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

Do you have an idea why Rangers are poo poo now beyond just "We just are", like what the gently caress happened.

code:
                         |  P |  W  |  D  |  L |  GF |  GA  |
Games with Tav and Borna | 16 |  15 |   1 | 0  | 44  |    6 |
Games without them       |   9|   4 |   2 | 3  |  17 |   10 |
We build through the full backs a lot, and missing one makes the team lopsided and easy to double up on. First 30 mins of the Killie game and they were really happy to let Halliday have the ball, dropping the right midfielder to sit on Kent and choking the middle of the park.

With Jack out as well and coming back in, which disrupts the rhythm of the central three and clearly affected Kamara, Alfie being distracted and a little off the boil, and Gerrard being a bit cute about centre backs and using them effectively.

And the refs are poo poo.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Worst we’ve played all 2020, away at Pittodie, terrible conditions..:

Sign of champions :smug:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Jesus we were bad in that game.

Eddie's miss from 2 yards :shepface:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
FFS dandies

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

We have one absolutely awesome first XI and then whatever that was

Colts losing was shite too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/alextomo/status/1231170834980626432?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Totally different meaning for "Quest for 10" then

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

loving hate football me

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

loving hate football me

Do you still think you'll sell Kent for a profit in the future

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

loving hate football me

Big week coming up for Stevie G with the braga and then hearts cup games

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Imagine having stevie may score against you

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Can Gerrard not hypnotise his players into thinking every game is a European game or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got knocked out tomorrow as well to be honest, or at least jut not win the thing.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

Steven Gerrard says tonight is his ‘lowest point’ as a manager and will take the next 48 hours to ‘think hard’ about what comes next for him and Rangers.

Throwing Katic under the bus and then dropping Morelos has worked out great for him

https://twitter.com/Celtic67Champs/status/1233836964752830468

jre fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 29, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
seems unfair to blame that on 1 rangers player

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

Throwing Katic under the bus and then dropping Morelos has worked out great for him

https://twitter.com/Celtic67Champs/status/1233836964752830468

I’d have thought you’d keep quiet until tomorrow.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

I’d have thought you’d keep quiet until tomorrow.

I'm getting my laughs in while I can

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Not sure if it’s possible but can a team just pull out of one league and enter the Europa full time?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I was working and only knew Celtic were getting beat; I begrudingly accepted a point when Rogic equalized at the end.

Imagine my happy surprise to then find out the Rangers score.

The funny thing is I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us in the two remaining derby games.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Season suspended . Welp

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jre posted:

Season suspended . Welp

Seems fitting that Scottish football a bit behind everyone else in doing this.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The scum are running a story saying they expect the rest of the league fixtures to be cancelled

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5387346/boris-johnson-scottish-premiership-over-celtic-hearts/

quote:

SunSport understands SPFL chiefs expect the Prime Minister to intervene this week as the coronavirus crisis grows.

BoJo is likely to order an immediate end to professional leagues across Britain, killing off the current uncertainty.

The SPFL — in line with their English counterparts — would then decide on ratifying final positions in all four divisions as they stand.

Crucially, doing this would enable the SPFL to distribute prize money early to help clubs survive the coming months.

--

Celtic, Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers could all now be declared title winners for the 2019/20 season.

Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer and Brechin would drop down, though it’s unclear who would be promoted to League Two.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I’m going to hear the phrase ‘asterisk years’ forever and so are you and we should resign ourselves to it now.

loving hell.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

I’m going to hear the phrase ‘asterisk years’ forever and so are you and we should resign ourselves to it now.

loving hell.

I'm glad you've finally accepted the EBT titles were dodgy

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Actual serious response, what would you do ?

Null and void or award the league standings as is ?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

Actual serious response, what would you do ?

Null and void or award the league standings as is ?

I don’t know. Honestly think that you’d have to go to something like -

Where teams could mathematically win the league, playoff in either a mini league or 3rd vs 2nd vs 1st type situation which decides the final positions - or just null and void?

Fucks so much with promotion that it’ll get challenged either way. I know the SPFL rules are that it’s whoever’s first at the end of the season, and they can call a board to decide when the end of the season is, so there’s not much real argument against it, but again ‘asterisk years’

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Don't care about the winner, highly doubt anyone other than celtic was gonna get the title, but the relegation spot is up for a fight. Either pick it back before the next one starts, if possible, or just ditch the whole thing.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52242968

quote:

Rangers to resubmit members resolution after SPFL deem it 'not competent'

Award the prize money for league placings but don't award the title :thunk: aye ok

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52242968

Award the prize money for league placings but don't award the title :thunk: aye ok

Stop clubs going bust but don’t ruin the integrity of the league, remember some clubs being hot on that circa 2008?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rangers are calling for an independent investigation into the whole process and Doncaster to be suspended during it, citing a whistleblower account of worrying irregularities. We’re gonna have more court cases than games next season.

quote:

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs.

Rangers’ Interim Chairman, Douglas Park, attempted to discuss this evidence with SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, who initially refused to do so. The SPFL followed up that call with an e-mail, which we believe was a thinly disguised attempt to silence legitimate concerns.

Rangers will not be bullied into silence. We believe it is in the interests of all Scottish clubs and supporters that the evidence, which is alarming, be addressed as quickly as possible.

The voting debacle and the evidence we possess raise serious questions concerning the corporate governance of the SPFL.

Mr Park said: “The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me. If ever there was a time for complete openness and transparency, it is now. Crucial decisions are being made on the issues of promotion and relegation behind closed doors and without proper time for consideration or debate.

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

“As a member club, we are disturbed by the evidence that has been presented and feel there is no choice but to call for an independent investigation into this entire matter. Each member of the SPFL board has a duty to its members to ensure that such an investigation is instructed without delay.

“All we ask for is equality and respect. In the past few days, we have become alarmed at a seeming lack of even-handedness and fair play from the SPFL. This is surely unacceptable and, if substantiated, must be remedied.

“Other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.

“We call for the suspension of the SPFL’s Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster and its legal adviser, Rod McKenzie while an independent investigation is conducted.”

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Total Meatlove posted:

Stop clubs going bust but don’t ruin the integrity of the league, remember some clubs being hot on that circa 2008?

You mean help the biggest teams who already have the most money get more.

Split up the prize money into recipient specific needs determined amounts.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

You mean help the biggest teams who already have the most money get more.

Split up the prize money into recipient specific needs determined amounts.

They’d have been getting more through the process of prize money being allocated during a normal season anyway?

Apparently the SPFL have stated that they can advance loans to any club at any time, and that Rangers’ resolution is therefore redundant. Given the sell on the ‘say Celtic won and get your money or go bust’ alternative it’s going down like an Aberdeen defender being breathed on.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

They’d have been getting more through the process of prize money being allocated during a normal season anyway?

Apparently the SPFL have stated that they can advance loans to any club at any time, and that Rangers’ resolution is therefore redundant. Given the sell on the ‘say Celtic won and get your money or go bust’ alternative it’s going down like an Aberdeen defender being breathed on.

Since sevco are doing this for the good of the game, why don't they propose that they and Celtic give up the prize money and let it be allocated equally across all the remaining clubs ? I'm glad the four hundred statements an hour are because they care so much about the bullying of the wee clubs and not a transparent attempt to shift the blame for their inevitable administration to the SPFL

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

You’ve been claiming admin#2 as an inevitability since what, 2017 at this point?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Dundee voted yes, that's the league over then

https://twitter.com/chris_sutton73/status/1250465002223476739

jre fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 15, 2020

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

Dundee voted yes, that's the league over then

https://twitter.com/chris_sutton73/status/1250465002223476739

They put out a statement saying they’d voted no, then changed their mind, in what has to be a lovely act of charity to the Scottish legal profession.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

They put out a statement saying they’d voted no, then changed their mind, in what has to be a lovely act of charity to the Scottish legal profession.

Don't follow , who is going to sue who for what ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

Don't follow , who is going to sue who for what ?

You saw Partick had retained counsel in the other thread, the SPFL held a vote, the teams all voted. The result was no.