Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

We're going to be the only football once the ice caps melt.

And Scottish fitbaw Twitter is flourishing.

https://twitter.com/Oldfirmfacts1/status/1158050368380723200?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Awful from Celtic, the board have been lazy and taking the 10 in a row attempt for granted. Last 6 months has been astounding. Massive cutting of the cloth despite money in the bank. Heads should roll.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

jre posted:

Manager made some bad decisions tonight. McGreggor at left back was the usual disaster when we do that. Why the gently caress did we not sub brown when it was clear he was done after 70 minutes.

Lennon the yes man. The only hope I had was we'd retain all our best players and strengthen like gently caress this summer. It'll be a dirty bastard fight of a season but we still have enough on the park to come out on top. Just going to do it the hard way as Celtic usually do when it comes to the nitty gritty.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Rangers have made a couple of statements post match that should be interesting.

One calling for a proper consultation on VAR given how poo poo the refs are.

One calling out the racist and sectarian abuse Morelos received.

Celtic have made a statement saying, ‘well but he deserved it?’

https://twitter.com/peteradamsmith/status/1211673385127874560?s=21

What the gently caress are you talking about with your last sentence? Look at the tweet you quoted that literally says they will investigate any complaints of racism.

Rangers see the £millions dropping off his value and are in full on PR asset-saving mode, the guy is promising but can't score against Celtic and is a loving liability and that's why teams aren't looking to throw Dembele/Tierney money to take him off your hands. Got to laugh at the conflating of sectarianism/racism, he has "orange bastard" chanted at him - a reference to a supersecret handshake drinking club that he isn't even allowed in because of his religion - and that equals racism? "Interesting", indeed. Writing is on the wall for his sale in January at a reduced rate so he can escape this racist backwater country full 'o fenians.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Is there any gesture a player could make to fans that would justify them responding with racist abuse? If you answer no, why did Celtic look to conflate the two in their response? What did it add to their strong condemnation? Do other clubs in other leagues respond similarly?

‘They weren’t being racist, just sectarian’?

:lol: at Alfie setting goal records left and right domestically and in Europe, on for 50 this season and teams won’t go in for him? Bollocks.

They found Forrest yet?

If the video being floated about as "proof" of racist Celtic supporters it's 20 seconds of phone footage and he's called an orange bastard and a hun bastard by two different voices. It just did not loving happen. Sooo interesting. PR exercise to inflate Morelos price, don't worry I'm sure some daft EPL team will fall for it and throw the cash you need to stay afloat and they'll struggle in the relegation zone as their talisman sits with his finger up his arse during a few months ban because he strangled a player with his own shoelaces in his first game. He's an absolute bum supper and you know it.

Rangers with all the desperation of the weird kid on the playground trying to get you to use your Christmas money to buy their Atari Jaguar off them.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

is this an honest to god ‘playing the race card’ post?

Who thought it possible to be accused of being an ignorant racist against a two-bit PR deflection tactic run by the only Scottish football team to have a stand closed by UEFA due to racist fans in the year of 2019? I resent that, TML. You're scrambling.

And I'm definitely salty about the loss, Scottish football has Real Fans™. This PR exercise is a loving embarrassment though.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Alfredo Morelos story this week is a loving belter. :bisonyes:

https://twitter.com/Daily_Record/status/1222779893991333889?s=19

He finds someone under his Lamborghini so papers run a story (at the behest of Rangers PR company) on Wednesday about it, theories of a crazed Celtic fan attempting to cut his brakes or plant a bomb do the rounds. Due to suspensions in January he plays his first game of the year on Saturday and is shite. Murder attempt on him and his pregnant wife surely played a factor?? Then the front pages today...

https://twitter.com/Sunday_Mail/status/1223751381842059267?s=19
WIFE HIRED DETECTIVE TO TRACK MORELOS

Banter years far from over.

https://twitter.com/TamsellicsonIII/status/1223758963717611520?s=19

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsSPFL/status/1258344339375259648

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Perfect snapshot of why Scottish fitba lies stagnant and never moves forward. The talk the last few weeks should have been about sustainability and true league reconstruction /pyramid system but instead it's been dominated by a cabal of spewing huns trying to null and void a league they'd utterly hosed up months ago. Literally got an orange bastard at Inverness proposing something that would cost his club 200 grand just to cancel 9 in a row for Celtic.

I'd love to live in a world where the greater good for all Scottish clubs was at the forefront but here we are. Whether we do or don't Celtic are the team at the top of the mountain and will survive pretty much anything relatively unscathed, so gently caress it. It's a good laugh, isn't it?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

“It’s sad that clubs are making decisions on sectarian grounds and it’s bad for the game”

“Those orange hun bastards are ruining everything”

:ironicat:

When did I say sectarianism was bad for the game? Arguably it's the reason Celtic are and Rangers were the most rich and powerful. More sectarianism from more clubs is needed. Dundee Utd Antifa vs. Dundee Fascists, Inverness KKK vs. Ross County Women's Lib. As loving daft as this post is it's contributing more than the latest hun statement.

quote:

Rangers say "the status quo cannot hold" despite clubs rejecting their call for an independent inquiry into the SPFL's vote to end the season.

Thirteen clubs backed Rangers, Hearts and Stranraer's call for an inquiry, with 27 against and two abstentions.

The Ibrox club said the vote "has erased the false narrative of this issue simply being a conflict between one club and the SPFL".

It added that many member clubs had lost faith in the SPFL leadership.

Following a vote at Tuesday's EGM on whether April's ballot to end the lower league season should be investigated, SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan said the game "cannot afford the distraction of further infighting or legal challenges".

However, Rangers said there are "serious issues and failings which remain to be addressed".

SPFL clubs vote against investigation
Background to SPFL EGM
Celtic welcome 'decisive' vote against inquiry
"All we sought was urgently required scrutiny, respect for all member clubs, fairness and transparency," the club said in a statement.

"Significantly, support for the Hearts, Stranraer and Rangers requisition spanned the four professional divisions. Member clubs, recognising the need for Scottish football to improve its governance and professionalism, have moved beyond sporting rivalries and it would be unwise to regard this result as any kind of endorsement of the SPFL executive.

"A management culture which not only fears accountability and scrutiny, but which actively campaigns against it, is unhealthy and breeds continued mistrust. This culture, so deeply embedded, must be addressed if Scottish football is to flourish.

"It is clear that many members have lost confidence in the SPFL leadership and the need for change will not diminish. The status quo cannot hold."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52638850

https://twitter.com/rossmcatasney85/status/1260218117382385664?s=19

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Apologies, I forgot I was talking to a Celtic fan and assumed lying stagnant was intended as a negative.

The conversation dominated by Rangers and their funny handshake brethren has not been about positives or structural change, you dolt. All that was pushed aside for a Road to Null and Void that was seen as the embarrassing shambles and sour grapes it really was.

Celtic btw, were open to restructuring the league, the issue is the instability of clubs who base their finances around thousands of Glaswegians paying through the nose to visit their stadiums at least twice a year. So mid-tier gently caress nuggets and their fans kidding on they are The Decent Ones can eat poo poo.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Oh how the worm has turned. Woeful preparation and lax management all the way to the very top at Celtic, makes for an interesting season but what I would give for it to have been another cakewalk.

Lennon has to get sacked. Mr. Motivator as his replacement.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Martin O'Neill says he can get 100 people willing to risk coronavirus so they can push a fence over any time, he can get you a toe by noon as well. KTF in Neil Francis Lenyon!

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

What an insane season this has been, absolutely mental. Rangers players look like they are top dogs now, what a difference a year makes. As a Celtic fan I obviously have to point to the board and Neil Lennon for throwing away a unique opportunity from such a position of strength - I'd let go of 10 in a row a few months ago to be honest but the reality of it being back to tit-for-tat titles and dragging Glasgow back to the shite is just utter dung. Your grandkids will be Celtic fanswearing poppies into January.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

I didn't know we pushed the Hibs game back so the team could drink in Dubai, what a loving basketcase of a club.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

You could have put Charles Green in charge of Celtic this season and he wouldn't have been able to gently caress it up half as well as they have, just catastrophe after catastrophe.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

And Celtic have just announced the player with covid is Christopher Jullian who was taken to the "training camp" despite being injured and out for 4 months.

Kinda just amazed at this point.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Are we calling them the Bhanter Years or the Banter Yhears? What’s everyone’s preference?

https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen/status/1349633346855460864?s=21

Amazingly on-point for our Tory board. Must be trying to make up the money they spent on the piss-up in Dubai.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Was hoping the isolation period would be doubled before he got a chance to sit in front of the press.

What an absolute buffoon he is.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

When WADA work out we’ve got the whole squad hooked up to IV espresso you’ll get your wish.

Hey that's the Brendan Rodgers double trouble secret, shhh. Lovely fresh beans from the hills of Columbia right into the veins.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

It's a shame the crowds aren't back so we could see the classic "Job done. Return home Agent Lennon" bedsheet at Ibrox at the next game (where Rangers will gift Lenny a win in the hope he'll be kept on charge for next season and 2IAR).

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Even his resignation is loving annoying.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

If next season you gave me the choice of winning the league or gutting the Celtic boardroom out and banning Tories from ever entering foot there again I'd take the latter. No animosity to most Rangers fans celebrating, using that all up for the arrogant fools who threw it away from a massive position of strength.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Just saw that video of the firework going off in the guys hand, didn't realise what it was until it had happened. Boak. Red smoke with someone wearing an orange top - don't click.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Rangers have held the SPFL trophy for two days and there is already a ‘Players (not) singing gently caress the Pope’ video controversy involving the government and Police Scotland.

55 has loving broken everyone. Not even two whole days either

What's this about?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Suspicious how Rangers started winning after I followed Marxist Rangers and Rangers Antifa on Twitter. loving leftists.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Does anyone know how to get out of a slump quickly

Not sure about that, can I interest you in a false dawn at all?

I know false dawns are looked down upon but this one is pretty cool - you get a guy in who looks like Tony Soprano then it works out from there.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

RobbZombae posted:

Not sure about that, can I interest you in a false dawn at all?

I know false dawns are looked down upon but this one is pretty cool - you get a guy in who looks like Tony Soprano then it works out from there.

I'm taking this back, despite the dropped points, I believe Ange is cool and good and can't wait to see the team he builds with a couple more transfer windows.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Rangers came back into the game after top tier referee Bobby Madden gave the Celtic ball boys into trouble.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Actually overwhelmed at how big a difference has been made at Celtic, I used to think all we needed was a competent manager but to call Ange Postegcoglu that is doing him a disservice. What he's done here is something special, really hope we have the energy to grab that title with both hands now but what a position to be in.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Minutes applause across Scottish football for this Scottish Football legend. RIP.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Her Dryer posted:

Former leader of the Scottish Tories Douglas Ross was also the linesman at the game yesterday

That makes you proud to watch Scottish football.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Looks like the green team won this year. Do you think they’ll win it again next year or will it be the blue team?

What time is your slot on TalkSport?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Parklife is gonna bring you'se the league cup, that deserves some extra time.

Celtic happy to spend slightly more than Rangers and look at Europe as extra money in the bank rather than anything to aspire to. Deeply rooted lazy attitudes at the core of the club - jobs for the boys being the most obvious symptom of that. Amazing to win yesterday but wish we actually signed some first team players and attempted to build on our successes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuHrTfcikU

Goodbye, Michael.

Rangers fans didn't need to even take any sharks to Ibrox to achieve it, 1-0 to them on the sacking a useless manager front. I'm still not convinced by BR but hoping after the injury crisis is over things start coming together, hopefully combining with a new manager over there not being able to get much else out of that squad and needing a transfer window to sort it.

Surely they are going for the Ange 2.0 in Kevin Muscat? I would have been tempted in the summer, despite his allegiances.