Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Oh hey cool, a thread. I finished the story missions yesterday and today I can't log in so don't finish the story missions, I suppose. My code is EENTXWZSS according to the landing screen I'm way stuck on right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

The Muffinlord posted:

Oh hey cool, a thread. I finished the story missions yesterday and today I can't log in so don't finish the story missions, I suppose. My code is EENTXWZSS according to the landing screen I'm way stuck on right now.

Yeah we’re all pretty much right there with you.

Just learned that apparently there’s some sort of effect if you put 5 parts with the same Active Word Tag.

Edit: Ah, what it does is in the description for the equipment. Mostly small buffs. Neat.

Null of Undefined fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 9, 2019

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
It’s back up for me. No announcement on apology Haro chips yet.

Also, the Arena seems to be closed now?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

e: I just checked all the Harry Ord/Sumo parts and not a one of them includes an EX skill for UNIVAAAAAAAASE, :wtc:

I am delighted to correct myself! I had Harry in one of my NPC units with the four-star Gundam beam rifle, and he UNIVAAAAAAAASEd when he activated Last Shooting. gently caress yes, Harry!

When my EN rebuilds I'm gonna try him out in my main to see if he'll do it for fin funnels or the Beam Javelin special move.

E: he doesn't. So maybe only for rifle specials.

Phy fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 9, 2019

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

It’s back up for me. No announcement on apology Haro chips yet.

Also, the Arena seems to be closed now?

Yeah, I think last time something like this happened the apology harobux came at the next refresh time. Also, guessing this whole thing was caused by Arena in some way so they shut it off. Sucks for me because now I can't complete my daily quests to get those 20 harobux :smith: Hopefully they'll give us something eventually.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The touch detection while I'm running this game is certainly interesting. It's consistently registering about a finger width high so when I put my finger on the arms it selects the head. I did just get a new phone, but it's the only app that's doing this.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

kirtar posted:

The touch detection while I'm running this game is certainly interesting. It's consistently registering about a finger width high so when I put my finger on the arms it selects the head. I did just get a new phone, but it's the only app that's doing this.

That’s hella weird. What phone?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Null of Undefined posted:

That’s hella weird. What phone?

Galaxy S10e. Enabling hide camera then disabling it fixed the problem for some reason.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Zodack posted:

Yeah, it's affecting everyone. Bring on those freebie HC apology credits, baby

I really appreciate that the developers are handing out apology credits for things I didn't even know were broken, and I hope they keep loving up for a while so I can keep getting free stuff.

Sucks about Arena being closed, I was enjoying the 1v1 modes even when I'd get Last Shooting-ed into the loving ground after knocking off 80% of the thing's health. There doesn't seem to be any way to dodge that, or maybe I'm just bad.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

ANAmal.net posted:

I really appreciate that the developers are handing out apology credits for things I didn't even know were broken, and I hope they keep loving up for a while so I can keep getting free stuff.

Sucks about Arena being closed, I was enjoying the 1v1 modes even when I'd get Last Shooting-ed into the loving ground after knocking off 80% of the thing's health. There doesn't seem to be any way to dodge that, or maybe I'm just bad.

If you’re far enough away it can’t reach you in the charge up, but otherwise it tracks straight to you.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Here’s the issue details they released:

quote:

Follow-up on Server Connection Issues and the Arena Suspension
Thank you for playing GUNDAM BATTLE: GUNPLA WARFARE.

From around 08/08/2019 1:00 PM (PDT), the game experienced a significant slowdown due to high player traffic resulting in players being unable to play Missions or the Arena normally, and errors such as being returned to the title screen.
To assist in managing high traffic and lighten the server load, we have suspended the Arena.
We sincerely apologize for the Arena currently being made unavailable and for the ongoing in-game errors, and will be sending out compensation packages to players as an apology for the inconvenience.

▼Apology for the Suspension of the Arena▼
The Arena was suspended as of 08/08/2019 4:50 PM (PDT) to help manage issues caused by high player traffic.
As a result of this, players will be unable to claim their Arena Daily Rewards for the previous day’s results.
Details regarding the re-opening of the Arena and our progress in resolving the slowdown issue will be posted in a new Notice when available.

We apologize for the suspension of the Arena, and will be sending the following items to players as compensation.
*There may be a delay before your items are delivered.

■Compensation Details
80 Arena Coins
800 Haro Chips
600,000 Capital
5x EN Recovery Strong

■Users Eligible for Compensation
All players who started the game prior to 8/9/2019 1:59 AM (PDT)

■Claim Period
Until 8/16/2019 7:59 AM (PDT)

▼Apology for Time Taken to Resolve In-Game Issues▼
We are currently working on re-opening the Arena and improving server stability.
However, until these issues are resolved, we anticipate that there will be cases, such as when numerous players are attempting to connect at the same time, where service will be unstable.
We apologize for this inconvenience, and will be sending the following items to players as compensation.

■Compensation Details
150 Haro Chips
*Sent daily for 6 days.

■Distribution Period
8/9/2019 (PDT) – 8/14/2019 (PDT)
*Items will be sent at 7:00 PM (PDT) each day.
*There may be a delay before your items are delivered.

■Users Eligible for Compensation
All players who started the game prior to the item delivery time (7:00 PM (PDT)) each respective day during the claim period.

■Claim Period
Until 8/16/2019 7:59 AM (PDT)

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by these errors, and thank you for your patience while we are preparing to announce the re-opening of the Arena.

Edit: it’s still pretty broken, I can’t even exchange coins right now. :smith:

Null of Undefined fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 9, 2019

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

If you’re far enough away it can’t reach you in the charge up, but otherwise it tracks straight to you.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I can't really complain since I've Assault Cyclone-d people the same way, but those finishers are brutal.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I got a Char with the Fuckup HCs, and all the rest of the Sumo parts, but it's still having serious connectivity issues.

But now I can put together a team of Char, Harry, and Mu La Flaga.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Phy posted:

I got a Char with the Fuckup HCs, and all the rest of the Sumo parts, but it's still having serious connectivity issues.

But now I can put together a team of Char, Harry, and Mu La Flaga.

Yeah I can only connect like 1 in 5 times and then it usually kicks me out anytime I try to claim a reward, buy a piece, sortie, etc.

Guess I'll just go build real gunpla like a loving caveman.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Give me Crossbone Vanguard, Zanscare and G-Reco gunplas dammit!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hell yeah. Give me a Katejina AI too.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
More like over 40 years of connection error

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

kirtar posted:

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
In case anyone didn't see, the dev office is apparently on vacation for the next week.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

kirtar posted:

Mods is it too soon for a new thread name?

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I’m sure we’ll get there with future events, this game is still brand spanking new

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Connection issues are making me feel like a junkie. I just wanna get in and spend my EN and play plammo barbie drat it!

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Connection issues are making me feel like a junkie. I just wanna get in and spend my EN and play plammo barbie drat it!

Same, I know it's not fixed yet, but every once in a while I get an action to complete so I guess I just gotta keep trying...

Edit: Managed to log on to get my daily stuff but still pretty much unplayable. Really hope they fix it soon, this much downtime so early in a game can really turn people off of it.

Null of Undefined fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 9, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Finally got a Crossbone part: a Denan Zon foot.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Finally got a Crossbone part: a Denan Zon foot.

Didn’t even realize crossbone parts where an option.

Looks like the game’s pretty stable right now, haven’t had any disconnects in a bit.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
drat the gold sumo paintjob looks great on everything.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Omg I already love this. ID is E51XLC7UC

0x0hShit
Mar 11, 2011

kirtar posted:

In case anyone didn't see, the dev office is apparently on vacation for the next week.

I'm mean, I'm pretty sure that this is a joke, but unfortunately I've played enough MMOs in the past to realize that, no, it probably isn't. Game companies are usually exactly that competent. I'm even more sure of it after playing New Gundam Breaker.

Adding my ID Code for this: EFY5Y1DFT Haven't had as much time to play with all the connection errors and an older phone, but when I manage to it's still fun to watch the tiny giant robots punch each other.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Finally got a Dynames part so I could start getting a sane amount of event coins, got the pink Awakening Circuit from the shop, and the one from the event achievements, just need to wait for them to allow me to get a third and I can finally get something up to level 80 :toot:

Edit: BEHOLD THE PERFECT MAN

Null of Undefined fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 10, 2019

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Something I just noticed and might be worth watching out for: in the photo mode, under Select Pose, there's a button at the bottom marked "Modify Parts". I haven't seen that it does much for most items, but on the Nu Gundam legs on my main, it reveals little glowing psycoframe windows like on the Ver. Ka. MG. Not useful, maybe, but neat. And probably hinting at Unicorn down the line.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Kinda feels like EN costs are really, really high. 45 EN for one Very Hard event run. 20 EN for a Ch5 mission. I've only got 66 energy at L23 (I'm lazy and not playing as frequently as I could be), but I'm constantly hitting EN walls now that I don't level up before running out of EN. I generally save energy restoration items for 'Have to grind an event hard', not general play. FFBE NRG is Level+40 until L100, when you get 1 NRG per 2 levels, so in early game, it's about the same as FFBE, but late-story missions cost 15 NRG, while early missions will cost less than 10. Top-difficulty event missions cost 40, but you're probably not going to be doing those reliably for quite a while unless you whale hard; meanwhile, I can auto through the Very Hard event in GBGW with a meh Gundam.

I also discovered that Capital costs for upgrading are a lot higher than I expected. Usually the 'gold' currency in these games accumulates so rapidly and things cost so little you can basically ignore them until you hit the endgame moneysinks.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Pyroclastic posted:

Kinda feels like EN costs are really, really high. 45 EN for one Very Hard event run. 20 EN for a Ch5 mission. I've only got 66 energy at L23 (I'm lazy and not playing as frequently as I could be), but I'm constantly hitting EN walls now that I don't level up before running out of EN. I generally save energy restoration items for 'Have to grind an event hard', not general play. FFBE NRG is Level+40 until L100, when you get 1 NRG per 2 levels, so in early game, it's about the same as FFBE, but late-story missions cost 15 NRG, while early missions will cost less than 10. Top-difficulty event missions cost 40, but you're probably not going to be doing those reliably for quite a while unless you whale hard; meanwhile, I can auto through the Very Hard event in GBGW with a meh Gundam.

I also discovered that Capital costs for upgrading are a lot higher than I expected. Usually the 'gold' currency in these games accumulates so rapidly and things cost so little you can basically ignore them until you hit the endgame moneysinks.

If you complete the full story mode it makes you a high enough level that you can have a good bit of EN, but yeah 45 for the Very Hard is pretty extreme. Story mode also gives you a ton of EN restoring items, and you should have a fair bit of 100%s from all the downtime, but it's hard to justify using those when your EN max is so low. There isn't really a good answer to your problem other than, you probably won't get everything in this event, but you should be up to speed by the next one.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

I added some people from the gunpla thread (and was followed back by most of them) but I never actually posted my code, so here it is:
EZA4BSUQG

While I'm here, I have a few questions about leveling up parts. I'm not worrying about hardcore min/maxing, but I don't want to waste a bunch of materials either.

Tune Up uses Awakening Circuits and levels parts up by star level. I assume this is the only way to boost the rarity? Considering I have so few Circuits, I also assume this is hard to do for a casual player, and I'm going to have to rely on gatcha pulls for 3, 4 and 5 star parts.

Upgrade uses either nippers or duplicate gunpla parts to upgrade a part to it's max numerical level. This does not add stars or change rarity. Playing with a part equipped will also level it up. So what is the best way to level parts up? Equip it to a back up unit, use nippers, or use other parts? Presumably a head specific nipper would work better on a head than a general use nipper, but it doesn't seem so to me. What is the best thing to do with duplicate parts; use them to upgrade the original part or sell them?

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Luchacabra posted:

I added some people from the gunpla thread (and was followed back by most of them) but I never actually posted my code, so here it is:
EZA4BSUQG

While I'm here, I have a few questions about leveling up parts. I'm not worrying about hardcore min/maxing, but I don't want to waste a bunch of materials either.

Tune Up uses Awakening Circuits and levels parts up by star level. I assume this is the only way to boost the rarity? Considering I have so few Circuits, I also assume this is hard to do for a casual player, and I'm going to have to rely on gatcha pulls for 3, 4 and 5 star parts.

Upgrade uses either nippers or duplicate gunpla parts to upgrade a part to it's max numerical level. This does not add stars or change rarity. Playing with a part equipped will also level it up. So what is the best way to level parts up? Equip it to a back up unit, use nippers, or use other parts? Presumably a head specific nipper would work better on a head than a general use nipper, but it doesn't seem so to me. What is the best thing to do with duplicate parts; use them to upgrade the original part or sell them?

K I’ll try and answer these in order

Awakening circuits are the only way to increase the star level of an item. They’re rare starting out but once you start getting arena, platinum, and event coins you can get them pretty quick.

There isn’t really a “best” way to level up a part, but letting it naturally level up from use is the cheapest way.

Using duplicate parts to level up a piece will also level up any Part Trait or EX skill the part has, so that’s the best thing to do with duplicate parts. Keep in mind that if a part reaches its max part trait or ex skill level, if YouTube up that part, it’s level cap will increase and you can level up the traits again, so hold onto those dupes. If it’s a let you want to use, ascend and level it up. If it’s a part you don’t care about, just sell the door and get those money/plat coins.

There’s no difference from using part specific nippers and general nippers, but I try to save the general ones for when I need to upgrade a piece that I don’t have specific nippers for.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I literally just got into Gunpla like a month ago, so this is good timing while I'm in my obsessed period. But yeah, I was practically having withdrawals yesterday.
Totally spoiled by getting the Nu's Fin Funnels on my first day, and it was hard to take them off in favour of the Exia's comparatively boring little white nub to start raking in coins from the event, but Pink Mode is more fun anyway.
And Jesus, I'm glad I decided to see if we had a thread on this, cause I did not know that about using dupe parts to increase skill. Guess I should have been investing in Gundam Rising parts. Honestly I'm still in "discovering Gundam" mode and my favourite thing has been trying to fill out as many of them as possible to get their colour schemes. Dom or die, friends.

EF5HS3UTS is me, I guess? IGN is "Todd Bones". It says that on the splash screen under "ver 1.04" or whatever. Gundam BOLT THROWER will use Pink Mode and Sword Cyclone or something along those lines for you.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Diet Poison posted:

I literally just got into Gunpla like a month ago, so this is good timing while I'm in my obsessed period. But yeah, I was practically having withdrawals yesterday.
Totally spoiled by getting the Nu's Fin Funnels on my first day, and it was hard to take them off in favour of the Exia's comparatively boring little white nub to start raking in coins from the event, but Pink Mode is more fun anyway.
And Jesus, I'm glad I decided to see if we had a thread on this, cause I did not know that about using dupe parts to increase skill. Guess I should have been investing in Gundam Rising parts. Honestly I'm still in "discovering Gundam" mode and my favourite thing has been trying to fill out as many of them as possible to get their colour schemes. Dom or die, friends.

EF5HS3UTS is me, I guess? IGN is "Todd Bones". It says that on the splash screen under "ver 1.04" or whatever. Gundam BOLT THROWER will use Pink Mode and Sword Cyclone or something along those lines for you.

Dom scheme is good but Guncannon is literally the best from an objective and science based standpoint.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

Dom scheme is good but Guncannon is literally the best from an objective and science based standpoint.

I was using the Zaku theme on all of my dudes, but I finally got the Guncannon scheme and it loving rips on the Exia parts.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Guncannon's great but have you considered Mobile Worker on anything that isn't a big giant lardo?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
It might be obvious to everyone else, but I didn't notice that using skip tickets mean it doesn't count towards progress for an achievement (doh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been having decent luck just setting combat to auto, looks like the AI is better at fighting than me. Got my sick Kampfer/Barbados/Nu/Duel abomination just wrecking shop with Char at the helm.