Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Qwijib0 posted:

2015 Week 2
The god damned Saints again. Brees takes a massive L in his own stadium at the hands of Jameis Winston and the Buccaneers for Winston's first ever NFL win. Later that day, the Ravens give up a touchdown with 30 seconds left in the 4th to go down 33-37 against the Raiders. Yikes. Only 12.3% survived the worst bloodbath in Eliminator history.

Ah yes, my yearly reminder that I survived the worst bloodbath in Eliminator history :smugdog: Totally forgot to log in for preseason but I'm coming for that eliminator title this year baybeeee

Qwijib0 posted:

I don't necessarily disagree, but not enough to code the ruby that would let me see who that was :laugh:

I don't see why this would need any Ruby whatsoever. Look at the results after a week ends, if there is one goon left with zero losses, write their name down somewhere (like the OP of the thread, for example). Do the same thing at the end of the season with whoever finishes top of the leaderboard. Problem solved and no programming required

barnold fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Yodzilla posted:

e: is nobody running the kicker eliminator this year?

lol gently caress I totally forgot I ran that thing last year. come play, m'lords

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

12-4 in pick'em ain't bad for a lotta choices I made mostly sight unseen on a lot of teams. Should have been 13-3, poo poo rear end Bears :colbert:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Play posted:

My dad picked the Bucs in eliminator lol because he "assumed the 49ers were trash". Which, while correct, doesn't really tell the whole story

You think that's bad, not only did I take the Bucs, but I also picked the Browns as well :laffo:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

ulmont posted:

While “never bet on divisional games” is rule 1, “never trust the browns” is rule 2 and “don’t bet that far off the Vegas line” is rule 3.

well if I just picked the line on every single game, that wouldn't be very fun, would it? I already took too many Vegas favorites for my own taste last week :colbert: I like to ride that lightning, baby

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

OK so I swear I grabbed an early be against the dolphins at -21 before it started moving up this Monday and now it is showing up as a bet on the seahawks. I don't want it changed I just want to report a possible bug or just sloppy clicking by me.

This happened to me for MNF pick'em, I was absolutely certain I took the Browns and when I checked the other day, I had ended up with a pick for the Jets. I am pretty sure it was just sloppy clicking and not double-checking in my case.

That being said, I'm rolling with a ~71% success rate on picks so far. I ought to take a page outta Farrell's book and start selling these picks. I'm dynamite so far

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Darth Brooks posted:

Pickem was brutal this week.

Woof. You can say that again. Those 4pm games kicked my rear end. I was lucky to have the Niners hold on against Pittsburgh to avoid getting totally wiped.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I suddenly don't feel so bad about my horrible week in pick'em considering that I'm still tied for 8th after all was said and done. Gonna be tough to unseat the top player at 47-16 to my 41-22 at this rate, though.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Hmmm yes, I knew I hosed up when I elected not to take the Eagles twice in eliminator

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Qwijib0 posted:

evil roadmap feature, just count no-picks as losses to end all the confusion about "what is a winner" The game is picking winners, if you did not pick a winner that week, you did not succeed.

I can't tell if you're serious about this being a roadmap feature because no less than two dozen well-intentioned people have said this in the past three or so seasons of Eliminator only for elfurbe to write some epic meltdown about how "you people just don't understand the game" and how it's such a hassle to have to run it or have people offer suggestions about how it's run.

elfurbe posted:

I'll offer this unambiguous statement on behalf of the entire Eliminator team: we will never change this scoring system on these games. Not ever. There are only so many ways to say no, the answer continues to be no.

You folks that don't like this have a fundamentally different philosophy on scoring these games that we do not agree with. While I can't make you agree with us, we're running this particular software so this is how it will continue to be scored. Live with it and keep playing, be so angry you have to quit, do whatever you think will help you live your best life, but no amount of arguing on the forums will ever change this scoring system while we're running the software. We have heard you, we do not agree with you. You think we're wrong, we don't care that you think that. This is the game. If you, personally, want to obsess about win percentages or some other thing you've decided makes you superior even though you're losing or tied, that's your prerogative, but we do not care about it. We on the team all agree that the current scoring system is the right one.

barnold fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

:eyepop: