Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

American Pie sequels sound like Land Before Time sequels.

Jenny Nicholson recently did a review of all 14(?) Land Before Time sequels on her channel. I had no idea they kept going that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The direct to video children's animated film market was a quiet plague of the 90s and 00s.

The craziest poo poo to me is still that The Brave Little Toaster Goes To Mars is actually based on one of the original books.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

wesleywillis posted:

I guess they aren't straight to video, but I wish they'd gently caress off with the Fast and Furious sequels.

Hard disagree, the later ones are far better than the early sequels

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Jestery posted:

Hard disagree, the later ones are far better than the early sequels

I think they peaked at 5 when the rock was introduced, but as long as they have him, vin diesel and statham they are still ridiculous enough for me to enjoy.

Hopefully once they lose the big names they'll know enough to just call it quits, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think we're in for at least a handful of direct to video spinoffs...and i'll probably watch them. Just like with the american pie and bring it on "sequels" (knockoffs), if it's there, I must watch it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

exquisite tea posted:

Jenny Nicholson recently did a review of all 14(?) Land Before Time sequels on her channel. I had no idea they kept going that long.

That video is great, and I loved how she wasn't 100% sure she was seeing it correctly or it was just the 'roni she had.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm watching a movie called Caroushell right now

Synopsis for CarousHell: posted:

The story tells of a sentient carousel unicorn that gets pushed too far by a brat.  The unicorn breaks free of his spinning prison to go on a revenge-driven murder spree on his way to kill the kid.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Caroushell was a pro watch, I followed that up with Obamaland and shut it off after like 20 minutes?

Right now watching the Dora the Explorer movie and it is a ride

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Merry christmas bad movie thread...just wanted to say that if you're spending it alone like me, syfy has you covered with various ice-related movies. To be honest most of them are on the mediocre side. Christmas Icetastrophe at 4pm isn't too bad, and never saw Toys of Terror at 2pm or Letters to Satan Claus at noon (this one sounds pretty interesting). But definitely do yourselves a favor and check out Santa Jaws at 6pm.

e: ice sharks at 10am is alright too I guess but is pretty near the bottom of the rung in the "____ sharks" ladder. Ice spiders would have been a much better choice.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm still not sure if I liked Letters to Satan Claus. It was definitely dumb enough for my liking with all the Christmas themed names and just the idea of satan claus, but it was...almost too well made for me, if that makes sense. It's like they cooked up a bad movie in the lab and I prefer the more organic kind.

e: this is also my main complaint about the sharknados. But at least they were one of the first to throw a big budget at intentionally bad movies.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 02:25 on Dec 26, 2020

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians was just on. I missed it, but thats a pretty good, awful movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians was just on. I missed it, but thats a pretty good, awful movie.

I love the gun effects in that movie.

Pop!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I watched "solar babies"

It's like, Madmax meets the Goonies on rollerskates

It's just doesn't make sense

The problem is the world is all desert-y

The god ball comes down to litteraly Deus ex machina the problem away

Except , the world outside the fascist state seems functional enough to have a working relationship with the satellite communities, with a manufacturing capacity for rollerskates and market places and the blink-and-you-miss-it glacier community shows has life existing quite happily, which has an odd feeling of this film being like a fallout movie adaption, but it's just a silly quest about a bunch of rollerskating idiots

The problem that the god-ball solves is releasing all the water in the aqua-bunker onto the plains and destroying the fascist outpost

Good job idiots all that water is now gone, there isn't enough water in a single dam to reflood the local area significantly and the govenment still exists, you just took out a wing

Bad bad dum silly bad movie

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

FizFashizzle posted:

Steve mnuchin’s wife’s movie came out and wooooo lad

https://twitter.com/lizardrumsfeld/status/1371312684864577540?s=21

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
The look on that guys face is just hilarious. Like he's incredibly stoned and just holding it together and then music starts dancing and he's all UH DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Her writhing around is amazingly un-sexy. Which is fine, but I can only imagine "sexy" is what she was going for.

I think I would be as confused as he looked to be.

"Gets out weird remote - boop boop boop" *starts writhing*

Mr. Boogalow
Jul 7, 2007

Like a puppet on a string, like a monkey on a swing.

Roblo posted:

Her writhing around is amazingly un-sexy. Which is fine, but I can only imagine "sexy" is what she was going for.

I appreciate that her hairography has sound effects.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Roblo posted:

Those bird courtship rituals where one bird does an amazing elaborate dance complete with spectacular plumage and the other bird just looks around and, after a pause, flies away

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

https://youtu.be/YBUwi9eXtXM

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It's very rare that a movie trailer makes me smile that hard. I will not die before seeing this, it is imperative.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's very rare that a movie trailer makes me smile that hard. I will not die before seeing this, it is imperative.

We're 40 minutes into it and it's so good

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Of course why wouldn't pants be weak to Bollywood music. it makes them dance. it's so obvious!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I love it, but its kinda bad.
Detroit Rock City. From 1999. Some kids in a KISS tribute band will do anything to go and see their idols at a show at Cobo Hall in Detroit in 1978.
Part of it was filmed at Copps Colliseum in Hamilton ON. I was in the crowd as an extra during filming, it was kinda neat being there.
The movie is pretty silly at times, but gently caress it. I like that poo poo.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So Rubber got a sequel? That's good to see.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

In case anyone else thinks "hey this movie called "the hike (2021)" sounds ok, i'll give it a shot despite the 2.3/10 imdb rating"...just don't. It's an insult to bad movies. If you end up watching it anyway, the first 2-3 minutes of it should change your mind. The 5* reviews (who I can now only imagine are the "actors"' family members) claimed I was getting something like "the descent" - low budget but well made, but this is something I feel like I should be getting paid to watch, like a student project.

edit: watched it until the end. It got minorly better toward the end, but not enough to sway my recommendation of "just don't".

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Jul 31, 2021

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Me and mate who both love bad movies recently sat down and watched some actually well made movies (2013's Mystery Road & 2016's The Wailing)

Goddamn, the breath of fresh air of watching something actually good ,after years of trash was amazing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

I love it, but its kinda bad.
Detroit Rock City. From 1999. Some kids in a KISS tribute band will do anything to go and see their idols at a show at Cobo Hall in Detroit in 1978.
Part of it was filmed at Copps Colliseum in Hamilton ON. I was in the crowd as an extra during filming, it was kinda neat being there.
The movie is pretty silly at times, but gently caress it. I like that poo poo.

"I was an extra in Detroit Rock City" is something I've heard from a lot of people when i lived in Toronto. I think they just went to high schools and universities in southern Ontario during shooting and rounded up anyone who wanted to be in it.

I went back and checked if i had posted about a movie before and while I had, I missed a post about Nemesis. That was one of THE movies to watch in high school. It had boobs, blood, and crazy action. Dude shoots a hole in the floor and falls through multiple stories to get away. to a 15 or 16 year olds mind, that's the poo poo right there.

It funny how people lament the going to the video store and picking out some direct to video action or horror movie with a titillating cover, but that does still exist; streaming is full of bad movies with maybe 5 seconds of boobs and cheesey violence. Just you don't end up renting something thinking you're gonna see it all and end up being bored because Transylvania 6-5000 is a really boring comedy.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

We came from Niagara Falls, and even called first.
They were all like asking us what we were planning on wearing, and I remember saying something like "jeans and Generic Kiss shirt, not something that says like 'Kiss tour 1984 or whatever'". After all, the movie was suppose dto take place in the 70s.

We went there, signed in and took seats in Copps Colliseum and sat around for hours, while the band played Detriot Rock City like 10 times. The crowd grew impatient, and people would leave. After enough people left, they would ask us all to move over to (whatever section) so that it looked as though there was still a full crowd. Also they were very much "hey there fans please gently caress off with the laser pens" because they didn't exist in the 70s and of course there were a few incidents where someone was shining one in the eyes of one of the band members. We left before they were finished for the night and I don't know if the final cut from the movie is the one where me and my friends were *actually* in the crowd at that time or not, but I like to pretend.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I went back and checked if i had posted about a movie before and while I had, I missed a post about Nemesis. That was one of THE movies to watch in high school. It had boobs, blood, and crazy action. Dude shoots a hole in the floor and falls through multiple stories to get away. to a 15 or 16 year olds mind, that's the poo poo right there.

Was Nemesis that odd cyberpunk / martial arts one, starring someone like Oliver Pyun?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I found a movie on Prime called Dawn of the Beast which is apparently about a group of grad students getting between a Bigfoot/wendigo fight

Slamming that watch now button

Edit: Bigfoot horror movies are underrated

Len has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Aug 22, 2021

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I watched

"The doorman"

Interestingly bad film

The general premise is that a hotel is mostly vacant due to renovations so a team of heavily armed dudes break into to steal a cache of paintings hidden in the walls of a room of a family.

Its up to ex-military Allie to save the day die hard style. And to its credit , the action is fairly competent and the setting of old abandoned hotel is good

But as a movie it just doesn't really work, but has all the aesthetics of a heist film eg, all the goons walk into the vacant hotel heavily armed and disguised. Why? The hotel is ostensibly vacant but for a pair of old people who they plan on killing

The movie makes a point of putting a cellphone jammer on the roof and cutting the telephone lines which functionally works to stop people from calling the authorities. But again, the hotel is vacant

When the plan goes pear shaped and the goons need to intimidate a different family to drill a hole in their wall. The disguises aren't used to clear the family out it goes straight to "hold the young daughter at gun point"

The movie equates "save the fortune in the walls" with "save the family". And it's really weird that everyone wants to risk the family getting shot inorder to stop the thieves from getting their money, when the whole framing is save the family.

Also some really weird gender identity politics re: reclaiming masculinity and traditional gender roles.

Whole thing is perfect wine mom fodder

munce
Oct 23, 2010

nonathlon posted:

Was Nemesis that odd cyberpunk / martial arts one, starring someone like Oliver Pyun?

Quoting myself from earlier in the thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896084&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post500568557

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Nemesis was surprisingly good

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
I recollect it does a lot of place-hopping, titlesp cards coming up saying LOS ANGELES, DETROIT, JAVA. And at some point I lost track why they were in particular places, and just let the movie wash over me.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Jestery posted:

Nemesis was surprisingly good

Could've done without the maybe-twenty-minutes they spent on two nude people who barely matter to the plot taking turns to peek out of a window

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Makes me just picture a Nemesis the Warlock movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Piranha (2010) is wonderful trash that knows what it is and you will have a lovely time watching it.