Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Duet is one of the best of the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I can't imagine buying clothes aside from tshirts (and not even then sometimes!) without seeing how it looked on me and fit.

I routinely have to purchase clothes online while being unsure of the fit because I wear plus size women's clothes. Old Navy is the worst about this because even pre-covid they do not sell plus sizes in their stores. It's online only. There are other stores like Forever 21 and Aerie that only do plus sizes online because, quite frankly, they don't want fat people in their stores. So this is a way of life for a lot of women, unfortunately. I do a lot of buying, finger crossing that it'll fit, and then returning when it ultimately does not.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Its Rinaldo posted:

Edit I misread as "the best of the series" which yes

But I'm keeping the spoiler image

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

I tried sous vide eggs benedict on tuesday.

It...wasn't the best thing I've had before

Did you sous vide the eggs or the hollandaise? Or the Canadian bacon?

Please tell me you didn't get sous vide the English muffin… :ohdear:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/jonschaeffer/status/1371289322633138179?s=19

Let's loving go baby

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Duet honestly bugged me. I think people who just did the paperwork on the logistics of a concentration camp are equally morally culpable as the guys who actually ran the gas chambers

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

Duet honestly bugged me. I think people who just did the paperwork on the logistics of a concentration camp are equally morally culpable as the guys who actually ran the gas chambers

Marritza sure seemed to think so

Android Apocalypse posted:

Did you sous vide the eggs or the hollandaise? Or the Canadian bacon?

Please tell me you didn't get sous vide the English muffin… :ohdear:

The eggs and the hollandaise. I think I'll use different recipe for hollandaise it tasted way too much like just melted butter

The eggs could have used a couple more degrees too

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

That I liked, what I didn't get was Kira being all "no, those are two completely different things." The judges at Nuremberg certainly didn't think so.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I just saw the episode with the eccentric professor and his astrally projected wife that was cheating on him with Sisko.

That episode was dumb.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I just saw the episode with the eccentric professor and his astrally projected wife that was cheating on him with Sisko.

That episode was dumb.

Yeah, that one was really dumb. He falls madly in love with this woman and doesn't notice that she never, ever gives him any personal details about her life or history.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GD_American posted:

What temp and time? Every time I make them they end up with a very weird, almost soggy texture.

150 for a little over an hour.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

That I liked, what I didn't get was Kira being all "no, those are two completely different things." The judges at Nuremberg certainly didn't think so.

I think when a guy is so wracked by guilt at his cowardice as part of a cog in genocide machine he tries to commit suicide by war crimes tribunal to make his society face up to it's crimes she isn't super stoked to throw him to the mercy of the people who will just stab any cardassian

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The free online MIT intro to comp sci course is done in Python so that might be a good start to familiarize with the language and learn coding fundamentals.

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electri...thon-fall-2016/
thanks dudes!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1371265102255517698?s=19

look again at who tweeted it out

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think Kira isn't totally clear herself on exactly where she stands; she's conflicted internally. At times I'm sure she'd feel totally justified in calling out a "cog in the machine" of genocide for failing to do the right thing and refuse to cooperate; at other times, she's highly sympathetic to how people can become trapped by their circumstances and failing to be courageous isn't always the same thing as intentionally being despicable. In these respects Kira's very human, her struggle takes place on-screen, and by the end of the series she's one of if not the best developed character. I really do love Quark, and Garak, and I've got a soft spot for several other characters: but Kira is a savagely wounded person going through a long story of trying to put herself back together while also being under a ton of stress and responsibility and she doesn't have to - shouldn't - go through that process in some kind of perfectly logical, ethically sound, always sensible way. So yeah, maybe she's just reacting to the emotional appeal of this cardassian who wants to die in a way that will bring redemption for his feelings of guilt, and that's overwhelming a recognition that the clerks at a concentration camp are certainly culpable; but that's cool and good to show on screen because it's how real people actually behave and feel. And Nana Visitor's portrayal of this character is masterful and taken as a whole, one of the best - maybe the best - performances across all of Trek.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

The eggs and the hollandaise. I think I'll use different recipe for hollandaise it tasted way too much like just melted butter

The eggs could have used a couple more degrees too

I haven't tried sous vide hollandaise but I found melting butter/ghee to bubbling in a measuring cup and drizzling it into a container that my immersion blender can just fit in with the eggs works well. I think it's what J. Kenji Lopez-Alt does.

:ninja: edit here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWzVV_XrcM

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that one was really dumb. He falls madly in love with this woman and doesn't notice that she never, ever gives him any personal details about her life or history.

Please, who amongst us hasn’t carried a printer or two

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Is Monster Hunter World any good on PC?

There aren't really any new games that look that interesting to me at the moment and I really liked giant robot dino hunting in Horizon Zero Dawn.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Steve mnuchin’s wife’s movie came out and wooooo lad

https://twitter.com/lizardrumsfeld/status/1371312684864577540?s=21

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hollywood's so out of ideas they're ripping off Naughty America now

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

lol I wonder if the Foley guy was this ridiculous for the entire movie

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm too sexy for your party, too sexy for your party, the way im disco dancing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just finishing Season 3 of SHIELD - is it Season 4 that everything goes off the rails?

....not that it hasn't already hoo boy

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

"you can throw some pretty sweet parties and won't get noise complaints"

"no, it never is"

Ya I'm gonna be watching this whole movie. I'll report back.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That looks amazing.

I.... what even is this movie

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1371322496411185155

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

It's true, money can't buy taste.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kalli posted:

That looks amazing.

I.... what even is this movie

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1371322496411185155

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

It's got a 92% audience score on rotten tomatoes on over 100+ reviews. Twitter is obviously just full of haters.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahahahahahahaha

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LMAO. more proof for what hot garbage the doors were and the kind of people they inspire

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Benny chat: One time I made a giant pizza sized English muffin, cut it in half, and stacked a bunch of prosciutto and a dozen poached eggs and dumped a bunch of Hollandaise and chives all over and served up two enormous Eggs Benedicts to a bunch of friends for breakfast. That’s probably the coolest food thing I’ve ever done.

Speaking of friends, I did a dumb thing and ordered one of those Sauce Toss yard games and a couple of hockey sticks. I set it up in the basement last night and donged a bunch of pucks off the walls instead of into the net. I’m really excited for everyone to get vaccinated and fling pucks around with my pals, it seems like it’ll be really fun.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Thats the bit from Waynes World

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Guze posted:

Thats the bit from Waynes World

It's on IMDB dude, it's true.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
RIP 301 in Tuscaloosa. The absolute best Benedict I’ve ever had in my life. Scratch made English muffin, a slice of fried green tomato, some shavings from a smoked pork loin, perfectly poached egg, just the right amount of Hollandaise.

The most painful COVID restaurant casualty I can think of.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
every day I wake up and just want to get high and eat chicken wings. But no, I sit down at my computer, log in, and toil

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
What do they call English muffins in England? Or is this a French fries situation?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

I like to think that the guy's utter bafflement is entirely unscripted

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

What do they call English muffins in England? Or is this a French fries situation?

Wombley Crispies

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

shirts and skins posted:

They're crumpets or very close to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just finishing Season 3 of SHIELD - is it Season 4 that everything goes off the rails?

....not that it hasn't already hoo boy

Yup, Season 4 is wild and very fun!