Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Compeanansi, If you're unable to attend. I'll log in on a separate browser and draft for you, just send me your beer sheets / top players or equivalents before the draft.

Ok great. I may very well have to take you up on that offer since the listed time is 2am here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
7pm est would be better for me than 8 or 9.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm in dire need of a running back. I have tons of top tier WRs. I am open to offers, otherwise I am starting Damien Williams and the geriatric Mark Ingram.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Promise I'll shut up about it till like week 8 but uhhh yeah I'd really like to kickstart this rebuild yall.

On the Block
WR: AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, Allen Robinson
RB: Duke Johnson, Derrick Henry

I am still interested in Henry, but I think the original proposal of a 1st + 2nd round pick was too much.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Someone offer me (Sunnyvale Shithawks) a fair trade for a decent QB under 30.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm willing to trade Antonio Brown at a discount to his trade value on the calculators for a decent RB or QB if anyone is in win-now mode.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

CompeAnansi posted:

Someone offer me (Sunnyvale Shithawks) a fair trade for a decent QB under 30.

Well, I ended up trading for a 35-year-old Aaron Rodgers which isn't exactly what I was looking for, but definitely works for now.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
What is the league's view on intentionally tanking? Do we require people start something close to their best possible lineups? Or do we allow people to start random garbage in hopes of getting good picks?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm anti any intentional tanking ever. The non-snake draft policy is supposed to help those with teams that, even at their best, are still the worst. But the rankings won't reflect where teams are 'even at their best' if we allow tanking. If we allow tanking, then we should have a snake draft.

True tanking, in a dynasty context (which should be allowed) involves trading off your best players for picks so when you do start your best players, you still won't score many points. That's what teams do in real life when they want to tank. They don't bench their best running back and say "sorry, you get the year off because we want the #1 pick". They trade him or hope they are bad enough they get the #1 pick even with him playing.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
After reading up on how other leagues handle tanking, it seems that the majority of them use 'potential points' to determine draft order. That is, everyone each week is assigned the max points from their whole roster, and then the teams with the lowest total get the first pick and so on. I doubt nfl.com has an option built-in for this, but other league sites do (like MFL). But notice that the idea behind potential points is the same as what I argued above. You should be using the player's whole roster to determine pick order, not the bad players they chose to start.

As someone else put it: "Using potential points means teams can't just bench their best players for a better draft position - they have to tank their whole team. And that should be allowed so long as they don't make stupid trades like Elliot for a 4th or something. Plenty of teams flip good players for future picks to tank and that's fine."

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Welp. Can't beat 43 points from Mike Evans.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Gobias Ind. posted:

:woop: Your team is so stacked; didn't think I stood much of a chance.

Can't be too stacked, I'm 1-2.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
1-3 record. It's actually hard to imagine with my roster. But maybe I'll get a good pick this year...

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
46.7 points from CMC this week. I can't seem to catch a break against these big performances. 3rd in points scored, 1-4 record.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

CompeAnansi posted:

46.7 points from CMC this week. I can't seem to catch a break against these big performances. 3rd in points scored, 1-4 record.

I take it back. Somehow the 49ers defense outscored Baker Mayfield by 21.5 points, enough to somehow squeak out the win. 2-3 is much less depressing (even though it is still pretty depressing since I now have the second most points scored).

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 8, 2019

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

KettleWL posted:

Probably a little early to talk trades for next year but uhhh who wants a wr since I have 7 WR2s....

after the juju and antonio brown shenanigans. me. maybe.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
GG GroundControl. Never expected to win anyway as my team is cursed.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Forever_Peace posted:

Ummmmmm Michael Thomas making me sweat over here though.

You didnt need to worry. There was no way he was making up that deficit.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So how does the offseason work? Are we now locked into our current rosters until the draft in August?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Marshmallow Blue posted:

What is dynasty may never die. Only be really bad cause covid stuff.

Yeah, I am in again for this year if football actually happens. One of my starting RBs opting out kind of hurt, though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I am flexible on the day of the draft, but the time matters to me. I live in Germany which is 6 hours ahead of EST. So I wouldn't be able to draft unless it starts by 4pm EST at the latest. My baby wakes up at 5am and I'm not losing sleep to draft.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
What would the process be like to move this league over to sleeper? They seem better for dynasty in general, but also support slow draft.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well I've moved my other league over to sleeper from espn. There's still no import function so you need someone to manually populate the rosters. If y'all want to make the switch I'll volunteer to do it.

I 1000% vote for moving to sleeper. NFL.com is a nightmare.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
ItsHappening.jpg

Joined the new league. I could possibly make 5pm EST if we had to push it that late, but it is possible we could just do a slow draft now that we're on sleeper.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Posted this in Sleeper chat, but DY (team name: Raging Boners) said he was out this year back in January. We need someone to take his team ASAP so we can draft! I think interest in fantasy football is a bit low this year because of the pandemic. We usually have a few people on the waitlist but I don't know we have had any requests this year....

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Made a poll to see how we feel about potentially eliminating the kicker position: http://www.strawpoll.me/20806849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

KettleWL posted:

I actually have other poo poo going on right now and didn't realize I was on the clock. Email alerts would be nice.

Since you're not checking the app, this is your email alert via the forums: you're on the clock again.