Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Maximilian for no other reason than being the classic Bond villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

The game rules, I just wish it had some kind of sandbox/freeplay mode, maybe with tweakable settings as well.

Anyone else who played it here ever do the silly distraction Topside Shack trick? You see that Topside Shack Grey Hunter's money started in? By building a bunch of them and putting doors with maximum security clearance on them you create spaces that your minions ignore but that attract agent attention- except there's nothing in them! They waste time cracking them open instead of poking their noses in your main base!

This game is great, I really hope the announced sequel lives up to it!

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

inflatablefish posted:

Nah, you fill them with distraction traps, it keeps the agents pinned down for ages.

This is more expensive, but yeah once you've got the capital to sprinkle your island with distraction shacks you can probably afford to put non-lethal traps in 'em.

Another trick I used was placing multiple doors at the front of the base, like a sequence of three at least. It doesn't help with the whole "agents are timing their entry to your minion's movements"-thing perfectly but it does break it up, because agents seem to need a moment to re-focus their attention once through a door, while your minions have their targets set and will happily move through the entire sequence of doors in one go. Sometimes (although not very commonly, there's probably a check against it in the code and it's only the stacking of doors that messes it up) they'd even re-focus onto the door they just came out of, which was always a laugh, especially when a minion lets them through and they stepped blinking outside.

Volmarias posted:

This was a fun game, but I always ended up stuck at some point where I just couldn't progress on some objective, and entered a spiral of constantly being on red alert to fight off the agents while trying to get enough gold to just cover upkeep.

Spoilers for a thing that hasn't been shown yet; For me the issue was with the economy, and how attentive you have to be with it least you lose more than you gain. I really wish money-making was more hands-off and you were allowed to focus entirely on the whole base building and management aspects.

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm stealing this.....

:dance:

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 17, 2019

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

That trapped minion though... You've got space to squeeze through, you're not actually trapped! There's like a meter and a half distance between the corner of the bunk and the locker!

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Grey Hunter I don't know if you realize but the reason the whole barracks thing happened was because a minion got trapped between the two rows of bunk-beds and started beating on the bunks trying to get out. It looks like they'd have room to exit but the locker model actually occupies the entire square it's on (as do all objects) and that space between the two bunk rows is inaccessible. It will happen again if a sleeping minion decides to get out of the bunk and into the center zone.