Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
The Matrix is an even more interesting franchise now that theyre both out as trans and given the current social climate Im SUPER interested in seeing what craziness they cook up for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Holy poo poo that is definitely a shot of Neo from The Matrix 1 being projected onto something.

I am hyped. I love all 3 Matrix movies and have liked almost everything the Wachowskis have done since. Yes, even Jupiter Ascending, idgaf.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Just noticed when Trinity does her scream and those ghost copies appear around her that not all of them are her either, some of them look like different people. Can't predict where they're going with that and Neo but it's unexpected and exciting.

Im getting a distinct feeling this is almost going to be like a New Game+ in that theres some alt/new Matrix made by rogue or different machines that they insert Neo and Trinity into it as almost a jump start to the process of ending it.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

About that rubber duck...

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

My theory:

Machine civil war over another faction of machines rebooting The Matrix but where they simulate the roles of the prophecy via simulations of The One/Smith(Groff) and Morpheus, Trinity, etc to keep the cycle going and The Matrix functional. They essentially have made a program out of the mathmatical inevitably of The One.

Good machines revive Neo and Trinity to hack them into this new Matrix to stop these bad machines from destroying everything, but Neo must relive the events of The One inside this new simulation. Kind of like this weird alt version The Matrix is playing out around him as part of a simulation of the first film but slightly different, hence new Morpheus. Real Neo being introduced starts loving with the simulation hence they keep changing things/glitching occurs because Neos almost like a Smith-esque virus to this new system.

The survivors of Revolutions are back awakening people inside this new Matrix in and eventually find Neo and reawaken him but Trinity is still inside and he must find her and awaken her like she did him so they can fall in love again and destroy this new Matrix. This all part of the good machines plan of recreating the journey of The One as closely as possible to aid in the destruction of this new Matrix.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

barnold posted:

bought a ticket to see it in IMAX on the 22nd :toot: not sure if IMAX is the way to go, I haven't been in ages, but I hear the high budget SFX stuff is really great that way vs. the standard screenings

It depends on the theater, there arent many "real" IMAX theaters. Real meaning the ones that project IMAX shot footage at a 1.43:1 aspect ratio.

A lot of theaters that label themselves IMAX show a lot of movies not shot for IMAX or will only show the 1.9:1 versions of IMAX footage.

Matrix wasnt shot in full IMAX but will be opened up to 1.9:1. This is similar to any recent MCU films IMAX format.

codo27 posted:

I saw one movie in IMAX, Logan. Was not worth it.

Yeah idk, seeing a movie shot in IMAX like a Nolan film or recently Dune in a big real IMAX theater is simply the best possible to see a film, period. Its an experience.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

barnold posted:

it's definitely not a real IMAX. but I totally admit that I bought the ticket because the seats are way better and spread apart compared to the standard screening. so if it sucks at least I'll be able to come back and give the trip report!

funny enough there is a true world-class IMAX with Laser near me, but it's been closed for over a year now due to COVID with no reopening in sight. sad

e: if Wiki is to be believed, and it probably shouldn't be, the theater I'm going to is on the list of "true" IMAX theaters. it's also on the IMAX website as "IMAX with Laser" but it's an AMC and I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that AMC mostly just has LieMAX screens. I don't know what to think! but I do know I'll be seeing the Matrix and it's gonna own :blastu:

AMC has two of the best IMAX Laser theaters in the world, NYC Lincoln Sqaure(second largest screen in the world iirc) and Universal City Walk in LA. I frequent both and theyre top tier.

You're gunna have a great time!

Robot Style posted:

Most VFX shots are still rendered in 2K, so unless it was planned for it from the beginning, IMAX isn't going to give you a better image than a standard theater. You might get some more vertical image if they're opening up the matte, but in most cases that's going to make the movie look worse, since the shots would've been composed for a different aspect ratio.

How does this work for VFX for full IMAX shots in movies like Dune?

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Can we not

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Butternubs posted:

I don't think throwing a tantrum through the medium of film is the best way to do this.

A lot of people are saying the story is good so there's a high chance I'm just too dumb to "get it" but;

Objectively, nearly every other part of the movie was garbage: Choreography, editing, dialogue, sound, filmography, effects were all poorly executed.

The set/costume design was pretty good.

"filmography"

Lmao

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

"Lana Wachowski" posted:

“When I began to admit it to myself, I knew I would eventually have to tell my parents and my brother and my sisters. This fact would inject such terror into me that I would not sleep for days. I developed a plan that I worked out with my therapist. It was going to take three years. Maybe five. A couple of weeks into the plan, my mom called.”

Big shocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

#notalltherapists