Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
This was maybe the best episode of this show.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Christ this show is incredible but this also might be some of the bleakest TV out there

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So loving good.

What about that philosophizing drug dealer rear end in a top hat though? He came back to town and went up to Elliot's apartment and then there's a time skip and he's not mentioned again? I assume we'll hear something about him at some point. Maybe we'll get a flashback of this new terrifying Elliot/Mr Robot duo destroying his dumb rear end in like a half hour for getting in the way of their real mission.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Why the gently caress is this not on amazon prime. gently caress.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This fuckin’ show.

Christ.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wow.

Where the gently caress do we go from here?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Prime is pretty useless if they’re not going to have the show up at the same time or as soon as it ends.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Maybe this is covered elsewhere but all of the episode titles this season appear to be based off of HTTP Status Codes which if they follow through with it for all ten episodes is going to be weird and/or a sort of form-over-function debate I bet.

401 - Unauthorized
402 - Payment Required
403 - Forbidden
404 - Not Found
405 - Method Not Allowed
406 - Not Acceptable
407 - Proxy Authentication Required
408 - Request Timeout
409 - Conflict
410 - Gone

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
410 sounds very appropriate for a finale.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Allegedly this season is 13 episodes though, so I guess we might get

411 - Length Required
412 - Precondition Failed
413 - Request Entity Too Large

which does not work nearly as well

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
https://twitter.com/PrimeVideoDE/status/1181156211896520704

Rough translation: get hosed until 2020 if you’re in Germany.

gently caress everyone involved in making these decisions.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Edge & Christian posted:

Allegedly this season is 13 episodes though, so I guess we might get

411 - Length Required
412 - Precondition Failed

which does not work nearly as well

There are 13, yes.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

counterfeitsaint posted:

So loving good.

What about that philosophizing drug dealer rear end in a top hat though? He came back to town and went up to Elliot's apartment and then there's a time skip and he's not mentioned again? I assume we'll hear something about him at some point. Maybe we'll get a flashback of this new terrifying Elliot/Mr Robot duo destroying his dumb rear end in like a half hour for getting in the way of their real mission.

They showed his mug in the after credits preview for all the episodes to come, so yeah, Vera is definitely gonna be showing up again soon. Though Elliott and Mr. Robot were on pretty cooperative terms when Shayla was kidnapped, and even then he managed to come out on top. Considering White Rose is now more bloodthirsty than ever for Elliot's scampering about, him being an additional wrench in the works is going to be a colossal clusterfuck in the making.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

That was an extremely good episode on just about all counts.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Price in S3: "I will rain chaos on you"
Price in S3: "I'm not out of moves, Tyrell, you're just not worth one"
Price in S4: Whiterose wants me to help murder my daughter in my home, this is very Bad but I am a mere helpless billionaire, everything I said in previous seasons about my pursuit of power should have been with the caveat "given Mummy's approval"

Also I'm glad that we finally know Whiterose's motivated by personally tormenting Elliot Alderson forever. Maybe THE MACHINE is a baseball bat on a piston at Elliot's waist height. Maybe Elliot'll turn Dom straight in time for her to get murdered too.

edit: very glad that this season has doubled down on the inscrutable, omnipresent yellowmotojacketed peril, I was never too into the mental health angle or the frustrating ambiguity. At least Tyrell got his old assistant back so we have an Asian to point at and say "they're not ALL mute, hive-minded psychopaths!"

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 7, 2019

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mameluke posted:

Price in S4: Whiterose wants me to help murder my daughter in my home, this is very Bad but I am a mere helpless billionaire, everything I said in previous seasons about my pursuit of power should have been with the caveat "given Mummy's approval"

Also I'm glad that we finally know Whiterose's motivated by personally tormenting Elliot Alderson forever. Maybe THE MACHINE is a baseball bat on a piston at Elliot's waist height. Maybe Elliot'll turn Dom straight in time for her to get murdered too.

edit: very glad that this season has doubled down on the inscrutable, omnipresent yellowmotojacketed peril, I was never too into the mental health angle or the frustrating ambiguity. At least Tyrell got his old assistant back so we have an Asian to point at and say "they're not ALL mute, hive-minded psychopaths!"

Go earn your woke points somewhere the gently caress else.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pissed that they cut off the second most important character with a single-scene cameo that makes Whiterose an almost laughably powerful mega-manipulator. Price is owned, everybody is owned, imagine a large high heel stomping on a human face forever, etc. And it takes away from the themes of the show if there's actually only one evil trillionaire, and the billionaires are our allies in the fight against them.

Let's look at how Angela's story last season goes now. Angela is duped by Whiterose, she thrives as a Dark Army operative, her biggest victory turns to ashes in her mouth, then she goes crazy and is murdered long after being able to pose any threat. She had been presented as Elliot's counterpart, so what's the message here especially when Elliot keeps getting brought to the brink of death and back? Knowing it stemmed in part from Rami Malek dumping Portia Doubleday for a younger model, it grated so much to hear Elliot say "It's not our fault, we tried to help her"

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
White Rose pretty explicitly said to give him a reminder so he stays in line, that's how I interpreted the end scene. Or am I bad at watching TV and missed a step?

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

TraderStav posted:

White Rose pretty explicitly said to give him a reminder so he stays in line, that's how I interpreted the end scene. Or am I bad at watching TV and missed a step?

There was a timeskip. The reminder was the picture of Angela.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
He does this every season, randomly kill a regular in the first episode or two because he's run out of plot for them.

Gideon, Miss LizardDoomBotTyrell, Angela

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Mameluke posted:

Making a pseudo anarchist tv show that references karl marx but also makes the real bad guy foreign communists is like peak cia-hollywood working relationship. Gotta keep those western leftists accepting of the international order, otherwise they might get funny ideas like their own government being the bad guy

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

So this is going to be one of those threads that's dumb as hell between episodes, I guess.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I really liked the scene with the three way conversation between Elliot, his sister, and Mr. Robot. Elliot is talking, then walks away, and the tone of the conversation shifts with Mr. Robot insisting that Angela is dead. It was amazingly nuanced representation of a bipolar interaction.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

He does this every season, randomly kill a regular in the first episode or two because he's run out of plot for them.

Gideon, Miss LizardDoomBotTyrell, Angela

At the end of the finale an asian dude in black leather steps thru the door of every audience member and shoots them in the back of the head

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

At the end of the finale an asian dude in black leather steps thru the door of every audience member and shoots them in the back of the head

I wish they'd do it to me after reading some of the posts in this thread

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So I guess we can't even get to the second episode before we do that thing were we decide this show is insufficiently leftist because its a thing that exists and then everyone just bitches about their own political views for the whole season huh? That's great. Quality thread, super insightful.

LuckySevens
Feb 16, 2004

fear not failure, fear only the limitations of our dreams

Casting a Busey to be the 20 min suicide cameo, never ceases to amaze me how much creativity this show has for giving the audience crazy winks at all possible turns.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why is everyone so eager to jump on an imaginary "leftist" boogeyman? The problem with this episode is Angela's loving dead over production bullshit and I don't want to watch Hannibal without Will Graham

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Loved all the cameos in this ep.

I also wanted to mention something I saw during my rewatch of the older seasons. In the Steel Mountain episode, Elliot is in radio communication with Mr. Robot, Mobley, and Romero who are all in the van guiding him. Elliot has to go down to Level 2 or something and Mr. Robot warns him they'll lose communication. While Elliot is walking down a corridor to level 2, his brain scrambles his conversation with Mr. Robot and then ultimately loses connection. Even though Mr. Robot lives in his head, his mind places him in the van, and begins to improvise when Elliot goes out of range. I thought that was a creative insight into how hosed up Elliot really is.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Mameluke posted:

The problem with this episode is Angela's loving dead over production bullshit and I don't want to watch Hannibal without Will Graham

All they ever gave her to do was cry anyway so who cares?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
What happened with Portia Doubleday? Edit: I liked her arc in season 2, but her character was all over the place in season 3.

I also agree about Price. I rolled my eyes a bit at him just completely being owned by Whiterose, but I figured I forgot something that happened last season that made him so subservient. The themes seem to be all over the place as well but it continues to look so drat good, I don't mind that much.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Seems like Angela hadn't had much interesting to do for a long time anyway

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

crepeface posted:

What happened with Portia Doubleday?

Her and Rami broke up. Apparently it was messy. People are now saying Angela getting clapped so soon is to make production smoother and to avoid any behind the scenes drama. No idea if that's the only reason though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

General Dog posted:

Seems like Angela hadn't had much interesting to do for a long time anyway

I mean she was pretty instrumental in both major hacks in the series (loading Ollie's CD onto All Safe and copying the HSM for Stage 2). I always thought her character was good to give Elliot some humanity since they were such good friends.

cochise posted:

Her and Rami broke up. Apparently it was messy. People are now saying Angela getting clapped so soon is to make production smoother and to avoid any behind the scenes drama. No idea if that's the only reason though.

Yeesh holy poo poo thats crazy.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Edge & Christian posted:

411 - Length Required

End of season looking like Elliot's gonna hang dong.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

cochise posted:

I’ve seen a lot of stuff too about the show ending early due to Rami wanting out to focus on his movie career. I know his talent agency lobbied super hard to get him that Oscar this year.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I’ve seen a lot of stuff too about the show ending early due to Rami wanting out to focus on his movie career. I know his talent agency lobbied super hard to get him that Oscar this year.

It wouldn't shock me if this was the case. But I can appreciate when a show has clear storyline mapped out otherwise you get Lost that meandered for awhile until we got an end date

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

It was always supposed to be this length. Don't believe every internet rumor.

When it's over I hope he posts the original outline when it was just supposed to be a movie. I can't even imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Grand Fromage posted:

It was always supposed to be this length. Don't believe every internet rumor.

When it's over I hope he posts the original outline when it was just supposed to be a movie. I can't even imagine.

I just feel that if this show was on HBO that it would be one of those shows that everyone watches. As it stands now I don't think I know anyone IRL that watches it.