Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I rewatched the series in preparation for season 4, can't loving wait. Sad though its the last season, but that only excites me that Esmail has a complete story in mind and it'll get a proper ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
merry christmas, ya filthy animals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJCWRT5fYc

edit: a christmas-themed season looks pretty awesome

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Loved all the cameos in this ep.

I also wanted to mention something I saw during my rewatch of the older seasons. In the Steel Mountain episode, Elliot is in radio communication with Mr. Robot, Mobley, and Romero who are all in the van guiding him. Elliot has to go down to Level 2 or something and Mr. Robot warns him they'll lose communication. While Elliot is walking down a corridor to level 2, his brain scrambles his conversation with Mr. Robot and then ultimately loses connection. Even though Mr. Robot lives in his head, his mind places him in the van, and begins to improvise when Elliot goes out of range. I thought that was a creative insight into how hosed up Elliot really is.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf

Comrade Fakename posted:

To be honest, I’m basing a great deal of this on the fact that the letter fallen off the sign in the Allsafe office makes it look like it says “AI safe”.

If you're referring to the scene with Elliot and Mr. Robot in the old All Safe office, 4 letters were missing from the sign on the wall, and when you rearrange them they spell CLUB. Not sure if that will mean anything.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
All that "cosmic" stuff Vera spews is going to relate to whiterose's ultimate plan in some way.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
We the audience are the 3rd personality and the rest of the episodes are going to be interactive like Black Mirror's Bandersnatch.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
This episode was gorgeous, cinematography + Christmastime makes for a lot of great shots.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
I can't believe Elliot can summon thunder just by yelling.

That's power, bruh.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
What if the 3rd personality isn't Elliot's, but rather Mr. Robot's? We have to go deeper into Elliot's mind to learn that Mr. Robot also has a split personality, and THAT personality comes from the future because Elliot used Whiterose's time machine in an attempt to undo/reset his hosed up life but rather than physically going back in time, his mind went back in time only to be stuck in the deep recesses of his mind.

:psyduck:

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Dom Wick owns

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Drunk Price is the best Price.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
So what are the biggest unanswered questions left on this show?

1. Whiterose's master plan
2. What happened to Wellick after getting shot in the woods?
3. Elliot's third personality

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf

nickmeister posted:

I dont understand how the police knew to go after whiterose. Only a handful of people were present during the shooting and its not like DA would rat out their boss.

FBI knew about whiterose since the 5/9 hack, and I'm guessing the latest fsociety video doxxing the Deus Group included Minister Zhang's name.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
I thought I would get answers, but now I just have more questions. Esmail! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

Hair Elf
Elliot's ending was satisfying to me. But there are a few other things that they never explained. First off, what the gently caress happened with Tyrell? He was shot in the woods and then he saw a glowing box of some kind, and then the later episodes he was shown as the CEO of E-Corp...but that transition wasn't explained. Second, what exactly was whiterose's machine and how did she brainwash Angela? And why did whiterose have to commit suicide in order for her vision to come true (in her mind)?