Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Turn based with hot seat? Yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

I have to say that this roll-out of information is stupid. We have no idea how anything works so every new culture is meaningless.

What does the Zhou add to the game? A zhanche and a Confucian school. What do those do? I don't know. I don't know how units work, and I don't know how buildings work.

They are clearly behind schedule, which is fine. Just hold back a month or so on the announcements, and actually release the information in a form that can actually pass as information.
Yeah a short description of what they do in game would be very helpful. Don't need specific stats but just something like "Zhanche, faster great general" or "Confucian School, better university" or whatever.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A great obelisk. Neat. Too bad I have no idea what it is, what it does or why I would get one. It could be an auto-built replacement for a palace that reduces peasant farting pollution by 17% for all we know.

Why did they steal the stupid "will you play as x" from the civ 6 civ trailers/ads instead of the actually useful information?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah. Is it a cultural building? Is it a faith building? Is it a prestige building? Is it a government power building of some kind? :iiam:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Given how competent their marketing has been so far it's likely they're just bad at it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Their marketing department might not be in AAA but it definitely is in AA. Or at least needs to be.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

England 🤔 🤔
England you say? I think I've heard of it. 🤔

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Also that's clearly just plopped on its back, not supported or attached or anything. The recoil would probably not feel great and do nothing to improve the mood of the elephant.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

The King of Siam offered Abraham Lincoln a squadron of war elephants as a sign of support in the Civil War. Abe declined the offer.
We could have had pictures of elephants trampling the traitorous racist slave owners and burying them in dung? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Didn’t civ 4 have pretty competent AI but mostly bc combat was extremely simple?
I'll have you know the combat was extremely deep and engaging with putting all your units into a doomstack and being the first to slap it into the enemy doomstack to win.