Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Seems like the turns end after a set duration after looking frozen but that's been my experience recently.

Lot of systems still completely out of whack but I do love the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Eimi posted:

At the very least they should show you the unlock requirements for civics. I swear I still have only seen half of them.

I would love to see some of the Civics that have remained locked in all my games so I could pick between +1 Influence on Common Quarters and +1 Influence on Holy Site for the cost of nine million influence and moving one square towards Authority

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I spent like 15 minutes trying to pick an Industrial era civ besides Siamese and I failed.

I gotta try the British next time, I thought it was just territories attached directly to capitol.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

It sure compounds the problem when thr smarmy narrator also thinks you're meeting your first independent people every turn

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

The game does seem to think common quarters are something I build a lot more than I actually do

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I'm under the understanding that only going to 0 war support should force you to surrender... is this not so?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Wouldn't you run out of things to build without multiple districts of the same type?

Does the infrastructure never all finish becuase of low production... or is there not enough infrastructure to build because of low science?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I can only get expansion stars late game when I'm basically painting the world. Influence stars seem to have huge costs too, and the stuff that boosts it can't compare to other yields

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

World Famous W posted:

Thanks, I went ahead and added them to my roster

'Darubatsu' I guess is the only one I've found just skimming through it that I keep using. Kind of each of my game's bond villian

I'm playing with that guy next. he really is a supervillain. Suit, facial scar, bonuses to building missiles and an urge to cause nuclear apocalypse!

Edit:vvvv that sure would be a better way than having to make a g2g account and browsing through a hundred Turd Fergusons with a bunch of stacked Production traits

Half of Dracula fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 2, 2021

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

just started a new game, a super militarist AI persona runs into me on turn 2, dies, respawns with a 4-stack Tribe, kills me, then I respawn with a 4-stack Tribe. Ok.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I knew you respawned if you died but I didn't know it gave you four units. Dying on your first turn would surely be optimal, then.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

It's not like this one interaction is the most or only wacky part in the game, but it sure feels the most impactful to see my entire "empire" quadruple in size on turn 3 by accomplishing the feat of Dying

Thread vote: what kind of bullshit civ do I play first instead of just being Harappan

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Why doesn't the drat UI show science per turn with all the important stuff, I gotta click into another menu, come on

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I usually get Customary Law early to get my outposts down, it's a huge discount and after the first couple outposts you really get charged a lot of influence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Actually it's good.