Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I've played this game for 30 hours and I think it's rad as gently caress. But I mostly just want to make a cool civilization and I derive most of my joy from watching the world develop and building buildings and it's really satisfying on that front. War also not generally being a huge pain in the rear end is nice. Dunno, I am not good at these games after hundreds of hours, I just want to durdle around and build something cool and this game so far seems to let me do that the best out of the 4x games I've played.

Edit: It will not surprise you to know that the cultists in Endless Legends are my favorite civ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I've only played about 30 hours before putting it up, but I still had a great time with it and when the mood strikes for me to play this kind of game, it's going to be either Humankind or Stellaris for me personally.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

camoseven posted:

Nah you just build a few battleships and blow their coastal cities to smithereens

Oh it's the same in civ, or at least was, haven't tried in forever. You can't take coastal cities with battleships, they're ranged. And if said coastal city is on a 1 hex island, then disembarked melee ground troops can't attack the city to claim it after you finish bombarding it with battleships. You need 1 melee ship to get in there and actually capture the city.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

I love Civ 5 and SMAC, I haven't played enough Civ VI to have an opinion on it. So my question is, is Humankind worth it? Every where I read people like but says it gets real repetitive once its figured out.

I played 30 hours of Humankind which is absolutely dwarfed by my time spent in other games like this. But 30 hours of playtime for 50 bucks is pretty good imo.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

It's good but I already pretty much just ignore the flavor aspects of any given civ and they're just stat bonuses to me regardless.