Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

"In a way, all the countries that exist today are from that melting pot of history."

:shuckyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
The Harappan civilization hasn't given us any direct evidence of having armies, etc. but their cities were walled, which isn't generally done in peaceful areas.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
The Renaissance is definitely a thing, but it's limited in scope. While northern Italy was in the Renaissance, Germany and Spain weren't, for instance (this is just Europe, too). It's more of a vague in-between step for some countries taking small steps to get out of the medieval feudal systems and has a lot more definite meaning in art history.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
You basically need to have it defined by technological and/or administrative progress too, otherwise you'd have to invent a completely arbitrary and inherently racist cultural teleology.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
They're reading this thread and every time someone posts something negative they have to go back and change a bunch if things.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I think those events were mostly in relation to founding your first civilization and your first city. Could be wrong but my impression isn't that every turn is full of pop-up events.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
does anyone want a marketing job?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Will you play as the Black Hand in the Modern Era?

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Det_no posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrandAllianceEN/status/1308843605885440002

That's weird. I thought this game was based on historical events.

I was looking for that girl's arms for a solid minute