Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
So nukes don't mess around in this game. Spoiler here as Marbozir launches his first nukes on stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
With all the districts and especially the emblematic districts, I am feeling a little overwhelmed about city planning. Reminds me of vanilla Civ 6 and Germany. I just can’t help but fixate on the perfect layouts with the most adjacencies I can find.

I know I can overwrite districts later or pillage my own to rebuild, but I still get bogged down trying to figure out the best octagon placement for unique districts and the generic ones that give adjacency bonuses. And that gets even more compounded by things like the Khmer Baray that are both Farmers Quarters and Makers Quarters.

So I feel paralyzed on like turn 21 thinking: If I place my Harappan Canal Network here for food, I can later place a Mayan K’Uh Nah here for industry, and then a Khmer Baray here to take care of both. But how do I link those together? How do I plan the adjacencies before I have the districts? What yields will I be missing out on? How do I build out efficiently to the places to maximize adjacencies? And then I haven’t actually played the game in a half hour and my head hurts.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
HUMANKIND PATCH BETA 1.0.2.116

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Is there a way to stop an enemy outpost from forming? I am in the Ancient Era and a neighbor plopped down an outpost right before I could. I thought I could use my two scouts to ransack it before it formed, but that doesn't seem to do anything except waste my turn. Do I have to wait for it to form and then ransack?

Edit: I think it actually works the way I thought but you have to continue to choose the ransack each turn?

ccubed fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 25, 2021

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Total Amplitude noob question. If two different districts can exploit the same tile do you get both yields? eg. A Makers Quarter and a Farmers quarter on either side of a 2/2 river.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Tom Tucker posted:

Civ VI had a pretty solid offensive spy system based on districts but the defensive system where a spy can only defend a single hex and its six neighbors was terrible. Especially because you couldn’t just choose any center tile just ones with districts so if your industrial zone and commercial district are separated by a farm you’re out of luck.

Otherwise is was pretty good. Spies got better, policies could super boost your spy game (at the expense of other powerful economic or military bonuses), and getting caught would often get you denounced and really impact relations. Plus you could even do spy swaps!

Dumbest change in Espionage for Civ 6 was when they made it so you can't spy on allies. MY IMMERSION