Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Psyched for this, I'm a huge civ AND Endless Legends fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Victory Position posted:

is the AI going to be any good

I barely touched Endless Legend due to it

I mostly played multiplayer in EL so it wasn't really an issue for me. But hopefully they do better than civ in this regard, especially with transparent diplomacy with the AI.

One thing I hope they get rid of is the tedious RPG elements such as equipping hero units with items. That poo poo was just a time-sink to me in EL.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
^ this, your ally from the past two eras may be challenging you in fame so you turn on them and attack in late game to ensure your victory.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Razakai posted:

The way I understood it is snowballing and getting stars are mutually exclusive to some degree. If you've racked up a ton of points early on, you're going to have to try hard to compete with people later that instead focused on their tech, economy etc. Whereas in Civ you don't really have a tradeoff.
Yeah, I'm imagining Humankind's equivalents to wonders, religion, and culture all confer lots of fame but little to nothing in the way of power. Whereas in civ those things offer tangible advantages to the civ that produces them, even military might in the case of faith.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Cythereal posted:

What killed EL's combat for me was the design-your-own-units-from-templates thing.

I really, really hate that kind of thing, which plagues sci-fi 4Xes in particular. I don't want to design my own units or customize them to ridiculous levels. I want a premade list of units that each have a role and place in the game.
Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

GlyphGryph posted:

If I wanted to try one of their games, would people recommend Space or Legends as a better jumping in point?
Legends imho