Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I really hope to see some significant difference in game mechanics between cultures. It would be such a shame to throw away all the awesome game-altering quirks of the Endless factions and take a "new unit, new building, new bonus" sort of approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Panzeh posted:

World building is lame and sci-fi/fantasy is a massive crutch.

This is a pretty strange opinion unless you're limiting it to the specific genre of multiple time-era spanning 4x games and even then it's wrong.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Don't worry, when Deepmind gets diverse enough experience you'll never be able to win anything ever again.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Seems like there is a certain number of stars (21) up for grabs each era. So if you manage to grab tons early you'd try to maybe just keep getting enough each era that no one can challenge your stash - or keep switching your allegiances to make sure no one gets big enough to be a significant star-grabber. It really could lead to way more interesting endgame scenarios than just a race to a finish line.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Ugh get this poo poo done so you can get back to Endless Legend 2

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Ultrawide loading screen is just stretched to fit. Completely unplayable.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Is there not a Planet Earth map preset? What a dramatic failure of forethought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

ilitarist posted:

"But now that Amplitude has made its Civilization, I really hope it goes back to making Alpha Centauris."

Yeah a hearty amen to that. There's another great quote that it "could have been at least 20% more weird". I won't regret buying this as I definitely want them to continue making Endless games buuut this is far from their greatest showing. There is so much from Endless Legend missing - the weaving of narratives and RPG mechanics (we couldn't have had famous figures from each culture as playable hero/general type units?) the personality of the planet/landscape (I mean, what was wrong with the summer/winter cycle that it would be completely ditched?), the asymmetric main factions, the interesting and varied minor factions..

I expect a lot of this ground may be covered by future DLCs but I hope after they've got it all out of their system they go back to what they are best at. Turning this studio into a factory for the next 5 Humankind sequels would be a tragedy too intense for my whining, privileged brain to handle.