Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Absolutely in love with the soundtrack. Im listening to the music from the game nearly every day, more often than I'm actually playing the game.

Arnaud Roy, synthesizer god, is on spotify, as is the Soundtrack for this and other Amplitude games. You'll definitely recognize the tunes if you've been playing the game at all, but they really come to life outside the game IMO. "Hidden Soul" is crushingly beautiful, especially after the 3 min mark. THAT FRENCH HORN UGH.

For those who glom on to the music as much as i have, they also have live session recordings filmed with the composer playing in the orchestra on youtube. Arnaud plays harp, percussive stringed instruments (uhhh.... sitar something maybe?) and drums.

Also if thats not enough, searching "Humankind Orchestra" on spotify gets you a 4 volume set of sketches, songs, concepts and themes that seem to run along eras and civs. Absolutely fascinating to me. Arnaud has been a favorite of mine since ES1 and even though there's no synthesizer in this that I've heard, he's got enough chops to arrange a small orchestra to sound just as compelling as his synth based music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I would also like a good breakdown of war support. I've played stellaris like crazy so the concept "makes sense" to me on a base level, but i don't quite get the point. Is it to make wars unattractive for some playstyles? Is it measuring hatred?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
To goons to pay attention :

Do the mammoths die off in later eras? Are there finite mammoths and humankind kills them all off?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It seems that if your city is on a tiny island, fleets can't disembark and you can take out a 27 unit Mongol horde with three drafter gunners.

I see no problem here gameplay wise. In fact I am super jealous and kinda want that save file. Hopefully they can fix that though the Mongols don't deserve to die in sailboats.

I fear they may fix the hilarious one by one suiciding of weak units in pointlessly outmatched battles they initiate for no reason. I genuinely love watching that.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
If you have a MacBook air you don't have a graphics card, just the built in Intel graphics. Maybe that's why?

Does anyone else here watch JumboPixel?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Maybe it's because I come from only Paradox 4x poo poo but I really, really, really like how things are defined in Humankind. Everything is there, usually in full view, but abstracted so I DON'T know how much a district will benefit me. I play for fun not for math and it works for me. Hard numbers are great but humanity is horrible at making things constant and easy. In Paradox games they tend to tell you everything at once so you can make an informed decision but Amplitude likes a bit of the unknown. That's my take, anyone can find problems with that but I like a bit of uncertainty so I'm willing to fellate the design decisions until the very last patch is out.

Also just to again remind you, reader, listen to the official soundtrack on spotify. It's 4 months later and this poo poo is still fire. Just do it. There is no reason for not having some nice music on I would suck Arnaud off I'm not kidding

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Always annoying when it happens. Human players get to do it too. 😒

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Excited by the expansion mentioning new music! Love the poo poo that's already out. What is it about 4x games and legendary soundtracks?