Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Rimusutera posted:

I'd rather they slip in another African culture in the Industrial period instead of both Germany and Austria-Hungary

The monkey's paw curls as a tweet goes out "Will you play as the Boers in the Industrial Era? 🤔"

I think Ethiopia, Zulu, Zanzibar, or Barbary would be good African candidates for the industrial era. Barbary would also be naval!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the porfiriato is a cool choice that would probably never make it to a civ

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Gort posted:

Not sure how I feel about cultures like "USA", "USSR", "PRC" - those seem to be less cultures and more combinations of cultures and specific government types.

Does this game actually do Civ-style government types, though? It'd be weird to see monarchist USSR, for example.

Will you play as California in the Information era 🤔

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Anno posted:

Some other contemporary culture with a fancy globe building EQ?

Maybe its a modern day monument? do the bulding models change through the ages?

playing as disney would be cool though

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

a delay could mean a lot of things. they do have working demos which cyberpunk never had. i think most 4x games would usually benefit from extra time since a lot of it is probably tweaking and balance rather than “gravity doesnt always work right”

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i think something like nigeria or another african regional power would be better than Sweden/australia but otherwise a nice lineup

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Magil Zeal posted:

Wait until you hear that the next two "emblematic" districts revealed will probably be Robotics Lab and Public School for the Japanese and the Turks, respectively.

the gülenists got to amplitude :argh:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

victrix posted:

Not to mention "playing the game well" means something very different to casual 4x fans than the 1% who care about challenge.

"we need you to train an ai to play this game"

"ok sure"

"but not too well"

"what?"

"well if the ai plays the game wrong players get mad"

"wrong? what does that mean??"

"it's complicated"

There's literally an AI checkbox in the Old World options menu that says "Play to win" which is extremely lol

the old world options for the start conditions/how hard the ai goes at the player are honestly really awesome and should be taken up in more 4x games

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I'm doing Egypt -> ASCENDED -> khmer and my massive collections of Barays and Pyramids means that I'm just making GBS threads out food and production. I got lucky that the only other civ on my content has been timid as hell and is pretty much under my thumb.

I did find out that if you make demands of an ally your trade routes get shut down so now my two smaller cities are a bit unstable. Do I have to wait for their war support to hit 0 before they just give in? Will they just give in without a war?

Archduke Frantz Fanon fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 18, 2021

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

they really need to get someone in to put tool tips in or something it's the best thing about old world

there is just so much information that just needs to be clarified

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

im liking the rarity of resources since im trading for them from everyone who will let me buy them

i really like the focus switching too. it doesnt feel too “everything ends up the same in the end” so far. after focusing on industry and commerce ive moved onto austria so that my massive cities can just poo poo out influence

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i went over the limit by one and momentarily panicked until i realized it reduced my influence by 10 a turn and i was making around 1000 a turn

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

I hope they add more game start options. More world generation of course, but I also always play Civ with the turn limit off and it sucks not having that.

you can always turn the tutorial on but then your computer will be trapped playing humankind until the heat death of the universe :(

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Clarste posted:

And on the flip side of that, it would be incredibly useful to know how much of a stability buffer you have before you do anything that could lower it.

What you too good to have a calculator out to sum up your stability totals :colbert:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

ok question, do you have to do a slavery civic or can you just not do that forever. is there a way to outlaw it through civics?

nope you dont ever have to do a civic unless you want something earlier in the line

eventually you get a tech that bans whipping citizens which i think correlates to banning slavery

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

homullus posted:

I think Civ VI is roughly twice as interesting (with all expansions) as Humankind (with no expansions yet). Whether it's "worth it" depends strictly on your budget, I think. If $50 barely registers as a line in your budget, it's definitely fun to play through and get good. If this is your one game purchase for the next 3+ months, absolutely not worth it.

it's also on xbox game pass so you can drop the 10 bucks (or get the 2 dollar trial) and give it a spin there without needing to drop 50 bucks on it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Anno posted:

And now it looks like Civ is going to get some new content

wait what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

Please, more Civ 6.