Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
This game is super fun and I'm glad they are being proactive about fixing issues and improving quality of life. I hope they are taking a look at independent people management, cause it's my biggest pet peeve right now. Escape doesn't close the screen, there's no way to get an overview of all the indies, etc.

Chamale posted:

Yeah, they raised the cost to claim territory significantly. But they didn't lower the number of territories for Expansionist stars. Has anyone else found that those ones are the hardest to unlock?

Expansionist are def the hardest to get. I'm trying to prioritize it in my current game and still can't really make it happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Haha I've been wondering what happens if someone gets killed in the Neolithic. That's dumb!!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
It always seems like a punishment to me cause I do spend influence on civics and then it wants me to change them!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Simultaneous turns are really starting to piss me off. They make positioning in war basically impossible vs the AI since they can immediately make the best moves whenever a turn starts

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Gort posted:

That only matters on the very first turn of the war, though, right? The AI moves first on the first turn, then it's your go, then they go, then you go etc.

I mean on the regular map, not the battleground

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It is really obnoxious when you're trying to move two stacks, and the AI sees you move the first one and immediately reacts and sends out an army to fight it before you can move your second stack. Gotta move your armies one tile at a time so they can always back each other up lmao

YES!!!! So annoying

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Yea I don't really understand the Hun hate. They can't take cities!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

quote:

The number of Territories needed for each Expansionist Era Stars has been adjusted depending the number of Territories on the map and which Era the Empire is (the lower the number of Territories on the map, the lower the number of Territories needed).

HELL yea maybe I'll finally get one of these fuckin stars now lol

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Staltran posted:

Food has diminishing returns, so I doubt it's ever going to be worth focusing on.

Gotta have food to make armies!!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Expansionist stars went from "impossible to get" to "impossible not to get". Thinkin that might need a bit of balance still

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Megazver posted:

I think this might be how it worked in the last few Civs as well, tbh.

Nah you just build a few battleships and blow their coastal cities to smithereens

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
New patch out yesterday. Looks like they made a lot of AI improvements. I think I'm still gonna wait a bit before trying to dive back in. As many people have pointed out, there's some cool ideas here but also a *lot* of issues.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Nice, glad that finally dropped. I'll have to check this out again (and completely relearn how to play lol)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

The Human Crouton posted:

Please, no more Civ 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
What we really need is more Civ 5