Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Grem posted:

Hey guys want to list your favorite AHS seasons again? That's always good for a page or two.

Haha pretty funny.

Hang on, we should have a poll every thread.....

timp posted:

For those who are unaware, HBO's Watchmen series features an in-universe show called American Hero Story that fictionalizes and dramatizes the story of one of the first superhero teams, The Minutemen.

https://decider.com/2019/10/28/watchmen-american-hero-story-damon-lindelof-explains/

What's more is that the opener to last Sunday's episode featured none other than American Horror Story series regular Cheyenne Jackson as one of the lead superheroes. I got a sensible chuckle out of that.

(for anyone who hasn't checked out Watchmen yet it's pretty deece!)

It is pretty sweet, the reference, and how close it is to AHS. I don't know how I feel about watchmen yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Just binged through the last few episodes of Apocalypse I missed last year and 1984 and I really like both seasons. The guy that played the anti-christ was great so I was happy to seem him return in 1984, and I hope he continues to be in the show.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Grem posted:

Hey guys want to list your favorite AHS seasons again? That's always good for a page or two.

I like the one where the brunette men have really tight butts

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

timp posted:

For those who are unaware, HBO's Watchmen series features an in-universe show called American Hero Story that fictionalizes and dramatizes the story of one of the first superhero teams, The Minutemen.

https://decider.com/2019/10/28/watchmen-american-hero-story-damon-lindelof-explains/

What's more is that the opener to last Sunday's episode featured none other than American Horror Story series regular Cheyenne Jackson as one of the lead superheroes. I got a sensible chuckle out of that.

(for anyone who hasn't checked out Watchmen yet it's pretty deece!)

Also, the in-universe theme music for American ~Hero~ Story quotes the motifs from the real AHS theme! :eng101:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

angerbeet posted:

I like the one where the brunette men have really tight butts

As a brunette man with blue eyes I've been working on my butt lately so that I might be a featured extra in a future season of AHS.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

King Vidiot posted:

As a brunette man with blue eyes I've been working on my butt lately so that I might be a featured extra in a future season of AHS.

American Horror Story: Goons

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We already knew we were getting a 10th season but FX just bought 3 more seasons on top of that. Our torment is neverending.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also Sarah Paulson is coming back in a "central" role for season 10, although she claims not to know anything about what that role actually is yet.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Four more seasons? :lol: :birdthunk:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Make it a 4 season arc you nutbags.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Quickly someone come up with 4 more seasons of AHS.
My best guess in 60 seconds.

AHS - Vietnam
AHS - Airport
AHS - Mexico
AHS - Uh... a 3rd witch season which WILL be disappointing.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

AHS - College
AHS - Cruise Ship
AHS - Werewolves
AHS - Fairies

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

AHS - Apocalypse 2: Coven Boogaloo
AHS - Surprise Bitch
AHS - I'm not saying Aliens
AHS - 1987, 2004, 1953, 1762, 2050

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
AHS: Gas Station Bathroom
AHS: Open Plan Office
AHS: Gender Reveal Stunt
AHS: That One Intersection With More Fender Benders Than Average For No Obvious Reason

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
AHS: Plane Hijack (featuring D.B. Cooper)
AHS: Cryptids (also werewolves)
AHS: An Evil Place Where Dead People Are Stuck As Ghosts
AHS: AIDS Allegory

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nemo posted:

AHS: Plane Hijack (featuring D.B. Cooper)

Better be played by Jim Root.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
AHS: True Detective
AHS: The Next Generation
AHS: Babies
AHS: Mockingjay Part III

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I'm no gonny take part, but just say - I'm incredibly happy. I want AHS every autumn for the rest of my life. Even when it's poo poo it's magical

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah I want more of this train wreck every year. There's not enough horror out there on television.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nemo posted:

AHS: AIDS Allegory

This is just Pose and if you haven't watched it, it's really good, and also not an allegory, it's a story about people with AIDS.

I guess some people found this distasteful and also rude but the whole show isn't like this it's a very good character drama that's basically based on Paris is Burning but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3KxWVX5cr8

This is not typical of the show but it's a good opening.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Final season is “AHS: AHS”

It’s like New Nightmare and everyone is playing themselves and somehow things from the various seasons manifest IRL.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Amphigory posted:

I'm no gonny take part, but just say - I'm incredibly happy. I want AHS every autumn for the rest of my life. Even when it's poo poo it's magical

That’s basically my take as well.

My predictions/wishes:
AHS: Space Station
AHS: Dark ages
AHS: werewolf the musical
AHS: meta (Wes Craven’s new nightmare style)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Grem posted:

I found something to like in all of them except Cult. For whatever reason, that season just didn't click with me. Maybe next year or so I'll give it another try since it wouldn't be the first time something didn't click with the first watch through but did later on.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Cael posted:

Final season is “AHS: AHS”

It’s like New Nightmare and everyone is playing themselves and somehow things from the various seasons manifest IRL.

That would be a fun way to end the show

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
AHS: Your Empty Family Mansion Invaded By Incompetent Burglars Who Are Also Ghosts Why Not

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Macaulay Culkin is in the next season though :eyepop:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I haven't seen him in much as an adult except Party Monster.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
So i this season is probably gonna be a beach party, but I'd be so much more into a cruise ship season, with Kathy Bates as a ghost pirate. Ooh! And Lilly Rabe is a siren! And Leslie Grossman as Karen. And I want Billie Lourd to be a midshipman who has to take command of the boat after a kraken (voiced by an unrecognisable Billie Porter) drags the former captain to his watery doom.

(The captain is Billy Eichner.)

TOOT BOOT posted:

I haven't seen him in much as an adult except Party Monster.

I remember him in Kings. Weird and creepy.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 27, 2020

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Red Letter Media revived his career lmao

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Doltos posted:

This is good and right. :hai:

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Evan Peters is back this season which I’m happy about.

And I love that they used an Orville Peck song with the teaser. His music gives me Twin Peaks vibes and now I wish Murphy would do a David Lynch inspired season of AHS.

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

Doltos posted:

Mr. McCulkin should do the needful and use his clout to get cameos for the RLM crew. At least Rich Evans.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just binged watched 1984. I've only watched a few prior seasons (Murder House, Asylum, Freak Show, and Roanoke), I have to say this one was my favorite by far. Never dragged, never found myself wishing that they'd just get on with it, and there were no performances that I found grating to the point of unwatchable. Really enjoyed it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

And now we've got some kind of ocean zombie bird's nest thing going on

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9kBSgrJBBj/

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
New England ocean horror a la The Lighthouse's tone :pray:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

haveblue posted:

And now we've got some kind of ocean zombie bird's nest thing going on

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9kBSgrJBBj/

Panic shoppers have bought all the eggs, now one man is on a breakfast quest. How far will he go?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Anyone know if this will be delayed due to "the Event"?

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
I doubt it, that show’s been cancelled for years

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
WELL OK THEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Did he read my dreams?!