Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Isn't this an infinite if you name food w. arcane adaption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tainen posted:

Bringing back invitational cards was a mistake

standard doesn't have great equipment for him atm to take advantage of his 3rd line

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

no she got executed for it bc its the middle ages but he was so in love with her he went into a rage to stop it and wound up murdering a bunch of the kotr. then she becomes a nun and rejects him so he becomes a monk

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

turns out it had win the game against RDW hidden in its text

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

AnEdgelord posted:

It incredibly easy to get it to cost two mana so I imagine it shows up somewhere though where I don't know

in the bulk pile

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

its not quite symmetrical since it happens on your turn so you get initiative. also you're trying to kill them by turn 3 or 4 before they wrath

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mono blacks pretty good

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

you do not want to be playing 12 removal spells main board in a deck that’s trying to run closer to the ground than RDW, and especially not 4 copies of a sorcery speed spell that makes you sac a beater

https://mtga.untapped.gg/profile/2c...ctedType=ranked

https://mtga.untapped.gg/profile/2c...ctedType=ranked

I mean it streaked to top 20. vOv

Kild fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 24, 2019

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

hes a 3 mana planeswalker has 6 hp and can be played on turn 2 and makes 3/3s

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

I've never really played yugioh but every time anyone links a yugioh card it's always 20 lines of point 4 font so I assume no one else has read any yugioh cards either

they dont really use keywords

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jabor posted:

You mean going back to the original anime representation where players had to tell their opponents (and the audience) what every card did?

the japanese airing had the text on the cards only the english ones didnt lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis

if you dont think this scenes sick get out

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the early card game was basically DND rules so if the DM would go hmm I'll allow it roll a dice then it'd work

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

i've definitely had 0 landers on arena

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

i mean, it isn't?? and that more just says the insane degree to which the us inflicts suffering on the world at large.

lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

yeah the memory leak or whatever in arena is atrocious you gotta restart after every bo3 or it will crash

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

axeil posted:

Played some dance, manse revolution on Arena tonight and with FoD/Golos gone as of Thursday I think the deck might be really interesting to consider more deeply. It has a terrible oko matchup (because oko can keep making food to keep doom foretold from hitting anything relevant) but it utterly crushed everything else I ran into.

Could see an interesting meta where aggro beats oko, oko beats dance, manse revolution and DMR bears aggro. Since oko decks are pretty much mid-range this would be a pretty natural state of things.

I'm also curious to see if oko ends up oppressive as people think. I suspect not because aggro strategies are going to be considerably easier to use now that Golos decks are gone.

Doom Foretold ignores tokens (The food token is a token)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I think its weird that they think the +1 is the part that's too strong and not the fact it comes down on turn 2 with 6 hp and is essentially unremovable?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hauki posted:

lol what?

“here’s this feature people have been requesting since day 0, let’s slip it in real quiet-like”

is this for real?

Theres no spectating or recently played list. So you can only direct challenge people you know but yea.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Lmaooooo

Arena doesn't show the mode that was selected while the card's on the stack like MTGO does?

It greys out the modes not selected

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Woe Strider and Citadels good as heck

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

citation needed

7-0 wins in the metagame challenge w. this

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Big Monsters flatten the curve to only 7 drops

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ragnar34 posted:

Ban companions, give the teenager his prize money, destroy the reserve list, bring back vanguard, make a planeswalker Xantcha, play yugioh instead.

I don't know anything about Yugioh, so boy would my face be red if there were companions and reserve lists. And I just googled to see if there's a Xantcha MTG card and there actually is, so that kicks rear end.

Let me introduce you to the Fusion/Extra Deck, https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Extra_Deck.. That's 15 companions.

There's not a reserved list instead they just push the most recent set extremely hard and ban whatever.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

are you playing bo1s?

a guy in top 10 mythics been running the boros cycling deck to climb. a fox in your opening hand seems like an autowin unless its removed.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

2 Boon of the Wish-Giver (IKO) 43
4 Drannith Healer (IKO) 10
4 Drannith Stinger (IKO) 113
4 Flourishing Fox (IKO) 13
4 Footfall Crater (IKO) 118
4 Frostveil Ambush (IKO) 52
4 Go for Blood (IKO) 122
4 Memory Leak (IKO) 95
5 Mountain (ANA) 64
9 Plains (ANA) 61
4 Sacred Foundry (GRN) 254
4 Startling Development (IKO) 68
4 Valiant Rescuer (IKO) 36
4 Zenith Flare (IKO) 217

3 Apostle of Purifying Light (M20) 6
2 Fight as One (IKO) 12
2 Fry (M20) 140
1 Grafdigger's Cage (M20) 227
1 Lurrus of the Dream Den (IKO) 226
1 Soul-Guide Lantern (THB) 237
3 Scorching Dragonfire (ELD) 139
2 Fire Prophecy (IKO) 116

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

Be real with me, thread. Is MTGArena's "download a brand new install each time you launch the program" a nefarious scheme for WotC to boast "Over 6.9 billion downloads!" to juice numbers for Hasbro?

thats how they update

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

YggdrasilTM posted:

Reached Mythic for the first time. Is 95% high or low?

Low for mythic, if you're not an actual number its on the low end since its percentile based. So you're "only" top 5%.

Kild fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 24, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The hard counter to rats.deck

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Arivia posted:

is he black?!?!?!

what the gently caress is this post

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Arivia posted:

I'm referencing the discussion from a few pages ago about Barrin's skin colour, since he's quoted on that card https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897251&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=663#post505592511

So you made that dumbass post as a reference to a dumbass post that says that this guy confuses you for a black guy?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Arivia posted:

no, I'm referencing where I pointed out that Christopher Rush depicted Barrin, a character who is otherwise depicted as white, using the same colours and shading he uses for the man on the art of Imprison, which means the race of the character on the second card is ambiguous

@tom clancy is dead: you doofus, having this argument is literally showing how the card is problematic, and I'm trying to discuss that, not issue some blanket decree that it shouldn't be removed

vs

I dont see how you can be confused fella.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ersatz posted:

It's also potentially good for sacrifice decks, especially if they're running priest. Really like this card.

Yeah, with catoven you can kill the kitty like 4 times in 1 turn even by turn 4 sometimes. Easy draw engine there.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wow a better stuffy doll

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No Wave posted:

From reddit, this is the only third party I've seen who claimed to be there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/cvil9v/amaz_dqd_from_gp_vegas/

What exactly is a floor check here because googling says it's knocking them down and stomping on their face? Which would presumably have at least a police report.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

evilweasel posted:

Like in hockey, knocking into someone with your shoulder.

That's just a shoulder check? lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/comments/9kdabj/beamsplitter_mage_incorrect_on_mtga/e6zooml/

even a hobbyist can do it here : https://soothsilver.github.io/mtg-grammar/

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dont respond to just bob or he'll start drawing weird poo poo - just look at his rap sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It might be a good sideboard if the Vampire Cleric mill deck is a top deck