Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have a Rankle rule question.

Since you are the active player, do you order the trigger of the abilities or do they resolve as the card is listed.

Being able to make your 0 card handed opponent draw and then discard while you loot a land seems alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Me thinking this card would be more than a side board option against fatty creatures the deck went from possible to almost zero

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think the snake is worse than the Hydra we currently have being played in Bant ramp.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

xanthan posted:

Gonna be putting together a janky improbable alliance, Irencrag Pyromancer, Ferocity of the Wilds deck for Arena. Entire concept is generate a ton of fairies over time to run someone over with and use the pyromancers to help shoot down flyers or just do burn.

Any advice on good includes for this? Card draw is obvious at least.

Play the Bone crush giant (what ever the adventure one is called). I have been toying around with that deck on arena, and it is really nice to just have some cards that are good value even if they aren't synergistic. Also play saheeli.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Walked posted:

Just wanted to say

The PTQ Winning list

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2457042#paper

Is broken. I fired it up and immediately went 9-1 across two leagues. Ordered the missing pieces I had in paper immediately.

Eventually may eat a ban; but I'm willing to chance that for the missing less-than-$200 I had to pick up

Eventually might be tomorrow.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The whole office is probably making the person who designed Oko track down an elk, kill it, and cook it for the office as their punishment.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

80s James Hetfield posted:

Lol, they banned cards.

This company doesn't know what the gently caress it's doing at this point. How embarassing

Have you taken the chance to consider they have more data than you and also gently caress the cat combo.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Great, now my facebook feed and Somethingawful magic forums are identical.

A balanced diet is a chocolate bar in each hAND!

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Smuggler's Copter is not long for this world again.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

It was the most played card at a pioneer PTQ, and it has the same problem of every aggro deck jamming it without any repercussions.

It's not as absurd as it was when it was in Standard, but that is just poor game design.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mat Cauthon posted:

Were those aggro decks with Copter dominating the field though? I don't understand, people clamor for a format with more powerful cards and then get mad when those cards get played in large numbers? IIRC there have been no shortage of statements ITT to the effect that "Smuggler's Copter would've been fine in a Standard with Abrade" and yet it is now being played in a format with that card, and many other cheap Shatter and/or kill effects. Maybe Copter is always an auto-4 include but it's not breaking Pioneer in half to have it around. Seems like the problem will solve itself as the format develops.

Veil is obviously too strong for a Standard with the confluence of powerful green stuff, although I think blaming it for the death of Thought Erasure as efficient discard is a bit much. There were plenty of Thought Erasures being cast when Esper was the only thing with a decent chance against Field decks. If anything it's more evidence that they should've banned Oko along with Field. Now they have to overcorrect.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/tournament/pioneer-ptq-12014480#paper

Go through the decks and see for yourself. It's basically coming down to are you Mono-Green or Phoenix, no? Then jam 4 copters if you are creature based at all.
I'm not arguing its broken beyond belief, but as mono-green continues to get hurt by bans you will see this card take over even more.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

80s James Hetfield posted:

Copter is definitely getting banned in Pioneer.

It has to go.

100% agreed

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sex Weirdo posted:

I didn't know about Hardened Scales, so thank you! Looks like it might be pretty spicy in my mono green stompy pioneer deck.

e: decklist is here: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2501532#paper I just started playing in August so this is only my second paper deck.

Maybe take out the two Lovestruck Beasts and the Great Henge and add in 3 Hardened Scales?

Put some planeswalkers in your deck. 2 Heroic interventions isn't going to be enough to save you from board wipes and loads of removal.
U/W tempo is going to just ETB you out of the game, and both G/B scales and mono-green devotion are going to put more power on the board faster than you can.

It's a good solid 1st draft; but, like an other post has already said, you might want to look at en established deck list that is close to yours for starts. I really like to copy a list to see why it works, and then start tweaking to what I enjoy and works for my meta.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's gonna be Veil and Oko.

Green will still be good, but I think the format will be much more enjoyable.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MrBling posted:

I haven't really played contructed forever and ever.
Is UW control a thing you can do in Pioneer?

I just want to counter stuff and play the odd Supreme Verdict while drawing cards with Sphinx's Revelation and then winning with something. Maybe Approach, but that seems a tad slow.

There are people doing well with U/W lists. There was one top 8 where it took 1st and had 2 others in the top for a total of 3 top 8 finishes.

I want to buy Okos for Pioneer and I guess Modern, but I am concerned about it's longevity in Pioneer.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If anime ruins an other thing I love I don't think I have the strength to go on.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I keep receiving an error when selecting any deck to play on Arena other than my U/W control "deck validation error"

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jabor posted:

If you're using Mirage lands, you need to swap them out for inferior ones until they un-gently caress them.

Thanks boys. That is unfucking real.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PJOmega posted:

I'm glad you grew up to be such a well adjusted person. You're truly an example to us all for overcoming hardships.

Are you upset with him over the fact he dislikes cheaters? What are you doing dude?

Hyperbole anger will not be tolerated on these here forums!!!

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rkajdi posted:

Stupid question here:

I've accumulated a decent number of higher value cards that I'm never going to play via prize packs. Stuff like promo foil hydroid krasis. I am an idiot for thinking about setting up a TCGPlayer shop to sell these kind of high dollar cards instead of getting 50% value in store credit for them? I'm specifically not talking about doing mtgfinance, just selling all the stuff I have that isn't modern/pioneer playable and over $5. It think the count is like 15 cards and maybe $150 "value". I've already unloaded everything I could to local players, but the drop in selling to an LGS seems so high.

Find your state's MTG facebook sales group. You should be able to sell for just -10% TCG Low to TCG low itself.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I liked it.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

dragon enthusiast posted:

good players make their own luck

6 copies of Boros Charm in my burn deck.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

It will always be better than Modern simply due to the much higher print run.

Edit: Modern at its peak at least. Modern may crash and burn.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey I missed this entire standard so can someone explain to me my Ranumap Ruins was banworthy? It seems pretty innocuous.

It gave burn way too much reach in already a top tier 1 deck. I lost more games to that card after stabilizing than any single other card in my Magic career.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
At one point that also domed the opponent, and they scaled it back.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It really sucks that the scry on the third chapter of that saga happens after you draw.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Gonna draw 3 for 3 and then sac that poo poo to Doom Fortold.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This SCG Team Modern tournament is one of the most boring ones I have witnessed. 2019 worked Modern over so badly.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

krasis has multiple triggers i think

Kind of. It has the card/creature itself and the draw/life gain.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fingers McLongDong posted:

That hatebear is extremely medium and it's sad how far we've come from Thalia. Really feels like it could have taxed walkers more if it's going to be that narrow.

Unlike Thalia, it isn't legendary.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would love to see white go more into tax effects that really start to add up against your opponent in conjuncture with each other.

A 2 drop that says, "During your opponents upkeep they pay 1 or you draw a card." Isn't amazing on their own, but with something like that Planeswalker taxer and maybe some taxing enchantments that could be a really cool deck.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also the card being an elf did matter.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

dragon enthusiast posted:

This is going to cause some feel bads at prerelease I'm sure

Nothing is more feel bad than facing down an indestructible creature in limited.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kurieg posted:

That Eidolon isn't terrible in a W/X aggro deck. And it lets you do mentor shenanigans too.

Pretty sure it's just unplayable trash at a 3 drop. Are you going to play this over Gideon, Legion warboss, or that other 3 spoiled 3 drop that makes things into 4/4s?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jassi007 posted:

Mox Amber is like 70-80% as good because you can turbo out an Emry and then ramp with Opal.

Amber can still replace it, and they will probably just go back to an Outcome build.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I base the format on how good Jund is.
I also want to play Jeskai stoneblade, so I guess I also base the format on how good that is.

I have high standards.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sampatrick posted:

Jund and Stoneblade (of both Bant and Jeskai varieties) were both reasonable decks in Oko format and are still reasonable now

Jund isn't good when a huge part of the field is on Titan decks.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Spikes dunk on kids just getting into the game and then steal their moms.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm taking Sultai Delirium to a Pioneer 1K tomorrow.

Do I do 2 Languish in the side or 1 Languish and 1 Cast down.
I also expected a ton of low budget burn decks, I keep in a single Collective Brutality right?

Help me goons!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I made top 8 of my 1k Pioneer with Sultai D. We split the pot, and that deck is gas.

Turns out you don't need to sideboard for Burn due to Uro.