Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Op please consider adding untap.in to the op under "digital versions"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeLynx posted:

What's this? This is the first I've heard of it.

It's another mtg platform, similar to mtgo. None of the bells and whistles of arena, you have to move cards around manually and stuff like that

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cynic Jester posted:

This is some next level trolling.

THE PERFECT SYSTEM

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have any experience with custom art proxies? What's the best service? I want to make a set of the funky eldrazi photoshops as a birthday present for a friend

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 29, 2019

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No no no you see, Historic is much more daunting for new players to grasp than Standard, so it's better to gently nudge them towards the rotating format that requires them to buy new cards. It's for their own good, really.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just ban fetch lands and shock lands. What's the worst that could happen

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if wotc will eventually support Historic in paper as "Dominaria Onwards" as more sets come out and Pioneer eventually stagnates

e: never mind, I didn't grok the announcement. I'm still really not in favor of Historic being a digital-only "Dominaria Onwards plus some other cards we like," I feel like it makes more sense to just implement new sets as a whole so we can have things like Flashback Drafts in Arena

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 13, 2019

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the pedo chud is definitely a downgrade from the mormon

Edit: no sarcasm intended, it kinda sounded that way on reread. Anyone who thinks the pedo chud should be running this poo poo is completely out of their mind

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 14, 2019

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also adult women are described as nags that aren't interested in sex

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jabor posted:

Is it really a "failure" if the intent was to milk as much as possible out of modern players before dropping the format entirely?

Lmao

Skyl3lazer posted:

it's a format comprised entirely of the best mindless linear aggro deck from the past few standards. entirely uninteresting.

Give it a few months

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally... with Oko gone, my mono-white knights tribal deck will surely rise to the top

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think we need to bring Maro in to get the full picture here, because those eating habits sounds ghastly on paper

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Locke posted:

useful as a 3/3 Deer

:confused:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh gotcha, thanks for clearing that up

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any expansion outside of "magical antiquity" and "classical fantasy" would be exciting imo. But the playerbase would have a shitfit so it's never going to happen.

Maybe if they marketed it as a separate product like "Magic the Gathering: [Something]" and didn't release it along the standard set rotation (i.e. not standard legal), regular magic players wouldn't be too grossed out. Maybe make a cyberpunk Un-set.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Count Bleck posted:

JUST FOR ME!

A new mono-white card draw engine

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

I assume this lair thing is one of those curated monthly box subscriptions?

It's definitely this

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nystral posted:

But didn’t someone do that already and it sucked so bad everyone poo poo on it?

I haven't heard of such a thing, but I wouldn't put it past the Hasbro suits to push for an official monthly MtG loot crate or something like that

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The best part about this are the comments demanding Nic Kelman be fired. Stay strong, Twitter warriors

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jabor posted:

If you're using Mirage lands, you need to swap them out for inferior ones until they un-gently caress them.

suicidesteve posted:

Make sure your basics are from a standard legal set. Old ones (like the mirage basics) are not historic legal. Yes this is extremely funny. Yes this is 100% serious.

Lmfao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would kill to take a peek at the source code for this loving bloated resource hog abomination

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arivia posted:

Wizards has historically been terrible about LGBTQ inclusion. The big D&D setting, the Forgotten Realms, has always been queer inclusive, but Wizards' editorial staff wouldn't actually let the writers print any of that stuff. So you instead end up with representation hidden here and there - oh hey this priest has a different first name and pronouns between these two books, wink wink. poo poo like that.

High fantasy in general is just awful about this, not to mention its attitude towards race and traditional gender roles. Taking MtG in the context of comparable franchises—D&D, Elder Scrolls, Warcraft, and granddaddy Lord of the Rings—WotC has, in relative terms, made remarkable progress in the past two decades towards inclusion of characters which don't fit the straight white cis-male mold. The LGBTQ representation is lacking, but it is there, and it is well ahead of its contemporaries.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiderdrake posted:

When I had dinner with Maro

Burying the lede are we?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rkajdi posted:

Stupid question here:

I've accumulated a decent number of higher value cards that I'm never going to play via prize packs. Stuff like promo foil hydroid krasis. I am an idiot for thinking about setting up a TCGPlayer shop to sell these kind of high dollar cards instead of getting 50% value in store credit for them? I'm specifically not talking about doing mtgfinance, just selling all the stuff I have that isn't modern/pioneer playable and over $5. It think the count is like 15 cards and maybe $150 "value". I've already unloaded everything I could to local players, but the drop in selling to an LGS seems so high.

Have you tried your friendly local SA MTG buying/selling thread?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toshimo posted:

99% of people have no idea what you're talking about and this "did we ever talk about" poo poo is the most passive-aggressive idiocy. If you think somebody did something lovely, and you think it's got merit as a discussion, spit it the gently caress out.

Watch out fellas, we got another Toshimo Takedown™ over here. Epic win, dude

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just found out that an flgs I used to frequent years ago closed their brick-and-mortar location (you can still grab singles from their website though! :sadpeanut:) and I felt a very heavy nostalgic pit form in my stomach.

Always support your b&m flgs's kids

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eagerly awaiting the TCC review of the Secret Lair line

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paul Zuvella posted:

I don't think its an accident that every single one of these is being sold separately and have wildly different compositions, styles, and value propositions.

They are actively testing what they can get away with and how stupid their customer base is.

They also know that they've gained a lot of new players in the past few years, most of whom entered through Arena and are part of a generation that's been conditioned by mobile games to be ridiculous suckers for FOMO. Plus it's Black Friday season

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paul Zuvella posted:

Seeing Visions:

4 different alternative alt versions of Serum Visions

Haha, okay but what is it actually

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axeil posted:

I'm primarily an Arena player and I think the only thing I'll ever do in paper is play EDH with my Nicol Bolas tribal deck (it's hilarious) and do booster drafts with my friends.

If foils weren't so drat expensive and curly I'd consider making my EDH deck out of them but they are so I'm not going to bling it out.

Or go full Monty and just make a deck completely out of pringles so you won't be able to tell one from the other

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The basic concept of "releasing old cards with new art in a style that 'isn't possible' in the main MTG brand" is certainly something I can get behind (not ten pages ago was I making the case for wotc to do something like this, in response to the poll about the possibility of including anime and cyberpunk stuff in the future) but the ridiculous price tag just taints the whole idea.

Thanks for the laugh though WotC Hasbro

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LGS's won't exist in 20 years but that's because no S's will exist in 20 years. Amazon drones will be dropping off food capsules to plug into self-sustaining homes while we're all jacked into vrchat, and paper magic will cease to exist

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sickening posted:

Have you seen a cedric arguement on twitter? Dude is petty as gently caress. Not a guy I would want to work with.

:agreed:

quote:

He does bomb magic commentary though.

:wrong:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(I assumed sickening meant "casting" there, I don't know if Cedric has a podcast or YouTube or something if that's what they meant)

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno, I don't watch that much pro MTG stuff. My point of reference comes from pro (video) gaming. The few times I've seen Cedric and Psully as commentators I was unimpressed with Cedric's color casting.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

mtg fans are in denial about the fact that mtg casters are very far below other esports but honestly i don't think any of them rate when you bring in the fighting game or moba casters. or even overwatch for that matter

:agreed: but I do like Patrick Sullivan's casting a lot

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah, swing and a miss, Google AMP:

The 1 Common Food 'Pioneer Woman' Ree Drummond Refuses to Eat or Serve, Says She 'Promptly Spit Out Into a Napkin'

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tinaun posted:

green and blue are the two best colors so why would you play anything else??

this, but unironically

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/andrewoid/status/1201602848464785408?s=19

https://twitter.com/efropoker/status/1201617414372261888?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sickening posted:

Scg fired a few more writers AND discontinued their free articles. Its all paywall all the time now.

:laffo:

That sucks but I don't blame them. Their margins are very tight I imagine.