Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Magic thread with buyback leads to repetitive conversational patterns.

The thread doesn't have buyback. It has retrace because we're still down cards every time we talk about something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I usually wait a few weeks for Commander product cards to drop a bit as more get opened/put into circulation. Glad I fought that instinct this time. >_>

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MikeCrotch posted:

PSully at his best is him ranting about the US healthcare system live on air while Cedric looks uncomfortable

Link? I’ve seen many of PSully’s rants, but I don’t recall one specifically regarding healthcare.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mossyfisk posted:

Why rest at Tome Scour when you could Mission Briefing it back from the graveyard?

might build mono U dredge when inebriated

e: discard stinkweed imp to jump-start radical idea, just think of the (poor) value

Don't need to go mono-U, but it isn't unreasonable to just cut red from the deck. It was there almost entirely for Looting. The question is, is Cathartic Reunion enough to warrant keeping red? Do blue/green/black give you a CMC 2 or less looting effect (even if it isn't as big)? Or do you lean harder on straight mill like Tome Scour + discard effects like Brutality and the Innistrad Skabs that come back from the grave?

Ideas Unbound with a heavy blue mana base is probably a decent replacement.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, Conflagrate is a pretty big reason to keep red. I still like Ideas Unbound, though, because you don't discard until the end of your turn, so you get to draw three and dump them for a bigger Conflagrate.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 3, 2019

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yeah. That's pretty much what the thread guessed back when the frame was spoiled. Split cards but they're Creature//Spell instead of Spell//Spell.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
It would be broke as gently caress in any limited format slower than Origins if you could have a repeatable 7 mana for 3 x 2/2s on an uncommon.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Ok, these are pretty cool. I actually want the round Guilds rug. :ohdear:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Beast in love with a Thopter. Also, "Noble" is a creature type now?

dragon enthusiast posted:

she's clearly a bearzerker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2LZ4AwyEU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Saw this in the cEDH discord, and I want it. >_>

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

It is basically 6-drop Vraska only less flexible.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Why am I not surprised that thread veterans would immediately take the opportunity to reminisce about the glory days of Murdergoats?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Not nearly long enough.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ilmucche posted:

Quick, tell me all of the reasons I should stick to BW tokens and not play this ridiculous 14 anthem deck I've just come up with at FNM tomorrow:

If you are going to do token strats, why aren't you running Gideon, Ally of Zendikar? Make it an 18 anthem deck if you gonna be dumb.

Edit: Also, realize that Leyline pumps your opponent's poo poo if they are running Young Peezy or Urza.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 5, 2019

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ilmucche posted:

Alright, regular BW tokens it is. I'll run that one out in casual play at the lgs for fun.

I'm going to guess you don't have Bitterblossoms, either?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MikeCrotch posted:

Multiple people are saying that Grixis death shadow has completely replaced the other types fwiw

That makes me sad, actually. The Mardu version with Ranger-Captain looked a lot more fun.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Uhhhh, da fuq?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elyv posted:

code:
Emry, Lurker of the Loch
2U
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Wizard
This spell casts 1 less to cast for each artifact you control.

When Emry, Lurker of the Loch enters the battlefield, put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard.

T: Choose target artifact card in your graveyard. You may cast that card this turn.
Illus. Livia Prima    1/2

Sweet! Another Mox Amber enabler for Modern. 8 mox seems pretty dece. :getin:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bell_ posted:

Strictly better Memory Plunder, isn't it?

Memory Plunder is an instant and you cast it immediately which lets you hit opponent's sorceries as if they had flash.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just have a Plague Engineer out naming goats. :v:

What? Standard? Who gives a gently caress about standard?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
That threaten effect is ridiculous.

Like, I don't think people realize how good that card is going to be in any sort of constructed format that out sac outlets.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

whydirt posted:

Gruul is the only moral guild

Until they sided with Bolas because Domri is a moron.

Then, he flipped after it was too late.

Then, he got his face crushed.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sampatrick posted:

But all the vampire cards are black and the aristocracy are leeches

You need to go back and check out the Vampire Conquistadors we got 4-5 sets ago.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mat Cauthon posted:

What a dumb non-controversy. Congrats to the flaghumpers out there I guess.

Speaking as a New Yorker who saw 9/11 happen 2 months after I joined the military and spent ten years dealing with the hosed up aftermath, anyone who's offended can loving suck it.

I bet the Venn diagram of people up in arms about this and those screaming about the WUR wall from the commander precons is a loving circle.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kild posted:

standard doesn't have great equipment for him atm to take advantage of his 3rd line

:shrug:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I mean Colossus Hammer is in M20 just begging for someone to break it via reduced equip cost

It already has been? There are infect decks and some wonky double striker decks floating out there.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

nrook posted:

It kind of reminds me of Kamigawa actually, where Wizards created a Japanese mythology set only to later discover everyone just wanted anime land.

This keeps getting repeated on SA, and it isn't even true. Granted, I was on hiatus from the game during that period, but all my friends just bitched about Jitte.
Watch, in 5 years, everyone will be saying people rejected the Arthurian part of Eldraine because it wasn't filled with Saber-face. >_>

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BizarroAzrael posted:

This forces burn and storm decks to splash green or white doesn't it? Bad news for anyone wanting Phoenix back in modern too, right?

Swank art whatever.

A lot of burn decks already splash for Destructive Revelry. Burn really isn't hurt too much assuming they get a decent mix of creatures/spells. It does bone all spell draws, especially those heavy in Rift Bolt, but that's about it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

It’s a turtle hydra. :3:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rinkles posted:

Not the first one.

gently caress the Brawl decks. :colbert:

Framboise posted:

Right, a bad journey to nowhere.

Keep in mind that journey can exile any creature. And this is an artifact and therefore easier to remove.

Flavor.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Did you know that: artifact synergies are much, much stronger than enchantment synergies

I agree. Take Serra's Sanctum off the reserve list and print it into standard.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tubgoat posted:

Unironically. Cradle too.

TheKingofSprings posted:

They made Tolarian Academy a creature that also makes a token that partially buys back it’s cost and can also Mind’s Desire so heck, why not

I'm still kind of torqued they made flip versions of Academy and Cradle in Ixalan but not a Sanctum.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Lone Goat posted:

It's so that if your opponent does something to the thing you want to copy in response to Mirror/Double being played, you're not forced into copying something lovely.

Hey. Sometimes you just need to get two U devotion on the field. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I am the bone of my sword...

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Silhouette posted:

It's just the unplayable, absurdly high-CMC red spell of the set, there's one every time.

A couple decks played Brass's Bounty, right?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Toshimo posted:

Although, I did find this, which is unrelated, but great.

Wait. I didn't play that early in the game's life. There was a point when state-based effects weren't checked until the stack was empty?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

moush posted:

CFB posted all the decklists for the Ghent GP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...d=0&single=true

Awww. All the Dredge decks in the top 32 made the same changes. 4 x Faithless --> 1 more Thug + 3 Insolent Neonates.
Booooooooring.

I was hoping for something a little more substantial.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The Cauldron isn't a four-of, but it is enough value in the late game that it will likely see play in some midrange creature strategy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

little munchkin posted:

why would they play that instead of command the dreadhorde?

The big three reasons are saving life points; it can be used a turn or two earlier; and it can piecemeal your threats against control decks so they all don't die to a single sweeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Why is this allowed to grab Breya, such a flavor fail imo.

It is able to grab Mox Opal/Mox Amber.