Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

warning: drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

warning: swears, aliens

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Last, but not least, we come to Super Rude Bear Resurrection. Amy Gilroy encouraged me to check this out at PAX East this year after she had played it at one of those United Kingdom conventions where they all run around screaming about tea and crumpets and Amy whacks people with shillelaghs.

Super Rude Bear Resurrection is a brutal fast-paced masocore platformer where you’re going to die. A lot. Like sooooo many times. But unlike something like Super Meat Boy, SRBR (that’s what the hip speedrunners call it…I think…I don’t know I was looking for an out to abbreviate it for the rest of the post) has the potential to get easier the more times you die. One-upping the idea that Super Meat Boy shows the gory meaty remains of your attempts until you beat a level, SRBR actually leaves your bear corpse where it fell. What that means is if you died jumping on spikes, your old body is now a new platform between you and said spikes so you can jump on your old body and progress through (screaming “gently caress you spikes!” if you’re anything like me). It’s still possible to play through the entire game without dying and there are probably insane speedrunners out there who have and have done it faster than it would take me to get through a single level, but the idea that my failures are something both to learn from and make my next attempt easier helped me commit to SRBR in a way that Super Meat Boy never would.

So that’s my list. Thanks for reading! Thanks to Irrational Passions for inviting me over to write this up and just being a genuinely awesome group of people. Oh AND for giving me a haircut this year!

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

wow... the world of video games is darker than I thought...

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames
Oddworld..for the Xbox Original. Hit the white button to burp ; and the black button to fart.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Turned my speakers down when I played Kingpin

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

infinite anime posted:

Oddworld..for the Xbox Original. Hit the white button to burp ; and the black button to fart.
That's fuc*ing rude!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
xD

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i moved it back. enjoy :tipshat:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Jak 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

South Park Racing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
GTA: San Andreas has some really messed up stuff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When Jak 2 says "I'm gonna kill Praxis" and he says "kill" scary it was like, chills.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc1R0vM_4t0

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

When Jak 2 says "I'm gonna kill Praxis" and he says "kill" scary it was like, chills.

Daxter drinks, stares at boobs, and later wears pants.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I never played it but I'm guessing it has some major swears based on the ad

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://tcrf.net/Front_Mission:_Gun_Hazard

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think the first game I remember playing that had swears was Final Fantasy VII

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

did anyone post qbert yet? that little guy was PISSED! lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gas this again

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can’t really think of any of note OP. Sorry.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
7 year old Jeff in the car, reading his new Doom 2 instruction manual: Mom, what's an SOB?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

7 year old Jeff in the car, reading his new Doom 2 instruction manual: Mom, what's an SOB?

When I was like 12 my mom took me to the store to buy Destroy All Humans and on the way back when I was reading the instruction manual she happened to glance over when I was reading the weapons section and saw ANAL PROBE in big letters and I got in trouble

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

When I was like 12 my mom took me to the store to buy Destroy All Humans and on the way back when I was reading the instruction manual she happened to glance over when I was reading the weapons section and saw ANAL PROBE in big letters and I got in trouble

Reading the instruction manual in the back seat on the ride home after your parents got you a new game FTMFW

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

lol. My mom got pissed at me when I asked what a historectomy was because it was in a rap song in WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2006

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmfao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
evne as a british guy i cant explain what the gently caress e the reason english games from that era were like that for

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Reading the instruction manual in the back seat on the ride home after your parents got you a new game FTMFW

my mom wouldn't let me play a new game unless I read the manual first

herculon
Sep 7, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Lmao

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Yo, this is Playstation 2, Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain!
The fire in the game's insane, and I'm not talkin about Kane.
You won't believe all the divas in a Bra & Panties match
Create your own superstar, it keeps all your stats!
This time they added blood, you can tell when you're in danger,
And I dare you to conquer the Elimination Chamber.
We got too many options, it'll fool any geek.
In Legends mode, you can use Snuka, or the Iron Sheik.
Yo, this is Thuganomics, man, this class is dismissed.
So go! Get out man, and pop that disc!
What?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

evne as a british guy i cant explain what the gently caress e the reason english games from that era were like that for
everyone in the developers parents generation was a child molester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009