Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
So Dominic Cummings is the UK's Stephen Miller now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Wait is the independent group still going? Lol

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

so....what comes after this shitshow?

Presumably another shitshow tomorrow?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Bundy posted:

So, Twitter embeds don't work for me on Firefox, I see the text but not the "image" of the tweet, this happened/happening for anyone else?

Do you have a privacy plugin like DuckDuckGo? If so it may be blocking Twitter trackers which screws up the embedded ones. DDG now has a checkbox to display embedded tweets which is unchecked by default.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hentai Jihadist posted:

christ PMQs sucks so hard

:agreed:

Johnson is garbage, lol at just how bad he is at this.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Corbyn: what is going to happen after Brexit
Johnson: Corbyn bad! Booooo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Lets see who the papers who the papers support after this, that will be telling.

Well in many ways it's hard to see a winner here, Johnson is struggling but also CORBYN BAD, whereas the government has not presented a clear plan and cannot assure that an election will be scheduled for after a no deal exit, CORBYN ALSO BAD AND WRONG

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

moostaffa posted:

Has he answered a single question yet?

He's answered the question of whether Corbyn is piffle paffling about Brexit

I mean, no one actually asked it, but still

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
"the right honourable Jeremy"

Edit: listened 3 times, he definitely said it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

gently caress Singh Dhesi is spitting fire

Wow this is a hell of a question :stare:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

Wut he say

Boris is an unapologetic racist

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

They're sleeping on the benches and making our country a worse place to live.

But enough about Mogg already

or was that :thejoke:? We ran out of coffee this morning so I'm running on fumes

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

I listened to the UKMT podcast today and it was actually good, nice work folks.

Same here, good job. Made a long drive a bit less onerous :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Have a thing to ask the thread: How do you all deal with feeling uncomfortable/dealing with conflict.

I don't know how to deal with feeling uncomfortable other than to run away or to, quite literally, shove my fingers in my ears and try and pretend I am not there. I don't like doing this and would like to not. Any ideas?

Sounds like me when a smoke alarm goes off. I can never understand why other people don't seem to react to them like me. The noise makes me feel like I have shooting pains in head and I almost go into a panic.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
jesus loving christ that's a bad campaign slogan :ughh:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Paul.Power posted:

Wow, are there going to be any Tory MPs left?

This is going to end up like that stonecutters episode of the Simpsons isn't it?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Rip bercow

He was a Tory but also enjoyed dunking on other, worse Tories

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

She never encouraged AIDS or cancer victims to stop taking their medicine. People are allowed to seek spiritual/personal help, if they want it.

Her anti-vax stuff is overblown, but probably is still her biggest weakness in the "not being poo poo category"

tbf she did suggest that the US could divert hurricanes through positive thinking

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

So when will SCO19 arrest porous dogshit?

Man I never understand these cryptic crossword clues :sigh:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Well done to the Supreme Court for completely loving up the audio on the stream of this verdict, rendering it unwatchable.

That's my brexit

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
So it was lawful? Or did I mishear

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

No, we've not gotten to that part yet.

Ah thank god

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
loving :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

gently caress off boris

Edit: can't wait to see the Daily Mail meltdown tomorrow

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This is the legal equivalent of climbing up a step ladder and doing an elbow slam from 30 feet up

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
So does this mean PMQs is on for Wednesday?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

RockyB posted:

Eagerly awaiting Boris claiming asylum in America and us having to extradite him to face his crimes.

He's a US citizen so he can just sit there and grift to kingdom come

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I think he's accidentally brought in one of his telegraph columns instead of a speech

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
JFC this is embarrassing

I really, vehemently dislike this man and his cohorts

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
go on GO ON CALL A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE IN ME. I WANT YOU TO COWARDS

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

pablo gbscobar posted:

What the gently caress is Boris even on about. This is complete nonsense

Someone reverted him to factory settings so he's trying to freestyle one of his bad opinion columns

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Man where do these people even come from and how do they get elected :stare:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

Yo UKians. Person from the Southeastern US here. I'm here to inform you, all this talk of yellowhammers means only one thing: Boris Johnson is planning to sell the UK to the US state of Alabama. So the only thing I have to say to y'all is good luck, and Roll Tide.

Well a few of our paedophile politicians seem to have died off so it will be good to have a reliable source

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Can anyone recommend antidepressants that don't cause you to put on absurd amounts of weight please? Have been on Citalopram for years but to be honest it's not really doing wonders for the anxiety and depression and also I'm just gradually getting bigger which is depressing in itself :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

jabby posted:

Fluoxetine is meant to be weight-neutral and is in the same class as citalopram, meaning similar side-effect profile and efficacy.

It does have a lot of medication interactions though, so may not be possible if you take other stuff. Obviously discuss carefully with your doctor before making any changes :)

Thanks, I'll ask about that one!

Venomous posted:

^ Don't be a dick. ^

I want to recommend Sertraline, but (a) my positive experiences with it aren't reflective of everyone else's experiences (b) I don't have any experience with any other antidepressants

Cheers, although I think I have tried that one before and had a bad reaction to it. To be honest I'm a bit nervous about new ones after having a bad experience with Seroxat (back before it hit the headlines), hence asking for the advice!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

jBrereton posted:

If drugs have become ineffective, I don't see how suggesting genuine alternatives (that are not pure fuckin quackery) is somehow victim blaming instead of taking a holistic view of the problem and offering a possible solution.

I appreciate what you're saying but I already go to the gym and it's still hard to keep the weight off.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

dunno if it helps with depression but if you have a specific chemical cause of anxiety (which is hard to determine without trying this) theanine is a miracle supplement - it's the calming chemical in green tea, was somewhat recently isolated and is pretty affordable, and as far as anyone can tell does exactly one thing with minimal side effects: makes your brain produce more of a particular brain brake fluid (GABA)

I haven't had a panic attack in almost a decade and they were a roughly biweekly occurrence.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot! Never heard of it before but anything that isn't drug based sounds good to me :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I don't think Boris' strategy is going to work. He's going to split the Brexit Party vote in safe Labour seats and lose voters to the LDs in southern Tory seats. I genuinely think the portion of the electorate he's appealing to isn't as big as he thinks it is.

I really, really hope you're right :ohdear:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Please do not pick yellow tories over blue tories because of the second word in both description. There is no difference here. They will lie and they will enable. They have already said they would.

:hmmyes:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Wait why would coke help deal with stress? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I used to have Christopher "only MP who voted against the upskirting bill" Chope who must be in the running