Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jesus Christ. Mark Blyth was right. The Tories have four weeks at the most before the remaining pro-EU Tories split off completely, and Jeremy Corbyn will have no reason to stay Labour leader afterwards because he'll have done what he wanted to do in the first place: destroy the party of Margaret Thatcher.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lily Madigan for Labour leader!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

^ Don't be a dick. ^

Convex posted:

Can anyone recommend antidepressants that don't cause you to put on absurd amounts of weight please? Have been on Citalopram for years but to be honest it's not really doing wonders for the anxiety and depression and also I'm just gradually getting bigger which is depressing in itself :(

I want to recommend Sertraline, but (a) my positive experiences with it aren't reflective of everyone else's experiences (b) I don't have any experience with any other antidepressants

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but why are Lib Dem’s bad? I can’t really imagine them saddling up with conservatives after the last PMQ.

Liberalism in general is dumb and bad tbh, because it assumes that individual solutions to capitalism are possible while keeping the system intact when they're really not

Also, the Tories have shifted the Overton Window so far to the right that orthodox liberalism in Current Year is pretty much straight-up Thatcherism

Basically, the Lib Dems are bad because when given the choice to either kill the poor or not kill the poor, they will kill the poor every time

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

w/r/t Lib Dem chat: when Democrats in the US say 'vote blue no matter who', they're really saying 'I don't give a gently caress if I vote in the second coming of Ronald Reagan as long as I'm not voting for a Republican'

the UK is not the US, mainly because it has (at least since 2015) a strong social democratic party with a high chance of being elected, whereas the Democrats are a(n increasingly Reaganite) liberal party with a social democratic minority

but hey, at least the US Dems have socdems in their ranks, unlike the Lib Dems

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

if I were still living in Stirling, my MP would be Stephen Kerr, an odious Tory bootlicker who was only voted in because the students had just left for the summer and the Women's Equality Party candidate drew enough votes from the SNP incumbent to give the Tories the win

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Munin posted:

[edit[ Dammit, top of page again.

well? Don't leave us hanging, you owe us a cat or a 376 fact now :colbert:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lmao @ thinking capitalism can solve anything related to the upcoming climate armageddon

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

worst case scenario (that I really, really, really don't want to happen and would be loving appalled if it came to pass) is that the Tories do a Guy Fawkes in the House on Wednesday while their MPs are away at conference and use the commotion to declare martial law, fascist dictatorship, force through NDB, etc.

I mean, I'm fully aware that this is me catastrophising, because democracy is asset insurance for the rich and the Tories surely know something like this would blow up in their faces, but hell, I'm running super low on hope at the moment tbh, especially since this whole powder keg is full to bursting

e: oh, what a coinkydink https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1177910131000041472?s=09

Venomous fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 28, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: actually nm

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

owning the lefty antisemites by interpreting every leftist statement as an antisemitic conspiracy theory

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Have you considered making youtube videos about the innate superiority of the white race because the crusades brought democracy to the barbarian muslim world? Cos that seems pretty lucrative!

And none of the people doing it right now have any understanding of history at all so you could definitely produce more smart sounding content!

Do it in a weird mask too so it makes your grift look more mysterious + makes it harder for folks to ID Lord Fashypants as Leftist Something Awful Poster ThomasPaine

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

'He can keep the 25 quid that he would've reimbursed me with if I had bought it'?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Still loving baffled at Boris in general tbh, but this is all real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Everyone on this list needs to post less. Particularly #7.

that's nice, but 7 ≠ 419 :colbert: