Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

Plot twist: the government will be saved by the Lib Dems and Change UK today.

You know it’s true

It's only a plot twist if it's something that isn't obviously going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Do you think they get more angry when there's more antipopes?

Is it possble to create some sort of quantum sectarian communication system by modulating the number of antipopes and measuring the ruddiness of nearby orangemen?

Is schisming faster or slower than monarchy? Enquiring minds want to know.

Unfortunately, all this system is able to communicate is brexit and pamphlets about the italians coming to steal your allotment vegetables.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Would the Engineering Council appoint a STEMlord? :ohdear:

We can cut that off at the root by giving the stemlord position to the botanists instead.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
What're the odds on lib dem majority?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

I'd bet my kidneys Rees-Mogg has neither et kfc nor even set foot in a kfc in his life

Of course he hasn't. If he sees a poor he needs an immediate money bath lest the mental illness of poverty prove contagious.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Blinks77 posted:

North of the River is basically Scotland. So i guess they prefer haggis?

The further north you go, the more scottish you get. By this logic, in orkney, their diet consists entirely of triple-fried whole lamb whose internal cavity is filled with Irn Bru.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Jose posted:

lmao ofc

Oh, also, something something the legislation passed with no amendments, so boris legally has to get an extension from the EU or be jailed.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

So that's what it takes to make boris look normal.

Hate to break it to you, but Boris is the one on the right.

Edit: Catte avatar for cat tax.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
So does this mean that parliament is back on or is there more that has to happen?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

So scots law is indepednent from english law isn't it, so there's no higher court of appeal?

But equally how the gently caress does that even work for jurisdiction over the UK parliament as a whole.

Joke answer: only the SNP is allowed to sit, meaning that for the next five weeks the UK will be run by scotland.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Looks like this is just a summary of the presumptions they had while making it?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I always thought the joke was that it was just a rock.

Like they creatively go on about what it's made of and the dwarven bakers and the properties (the main one being that you take it out of your pocket when you're hungry, think about eating it, then put it back, the other being you can throw it at people) and it's implied but never stated to be a bread made of rock, but it would just as well apply to a rock you just found.

The actual joke is that it's a parody of Lembas from LOTR. If elf bread is delicious, airy and magical, dwarf bread is.. well.. a lot like a rock.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Soylent Yellow posted:

I have a welder, and plenty of spiky scrap metal to weld to my car with it. Is there an alternative dresscode to bondage gear, though? It might get a bit too chilly in the British winter.

If you can make a car-chariot I think you get to wear robes and a hat?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Boris will get his election this year.

It's only his election if he owns it, not the other way around.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

All reporting is currently focused on Untitled Goose Game. There are no other video games until it has been fully mined for memes.

Honking is praxis, comrade.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

At first I groaned, then I realized that it said the speaker is choosing.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Last halloween I would've gone as a ghoul but Blair's estate threatened to sue.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Can't wait until every house is an ancient-rome style slum tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

And by then all beer will be recycled five times in Baron Farage's Freedom Vats.

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people.