Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, mild e/n I guess, so apologies in advance, but I need to write this somewhere. On Friday my pregnant partner calls the NHS with complaints of pains and bleeding.

On Sunday we have an appointment for an ultrasound and within a few hours we've had a diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy, blood tests, support and guidance on next steps.

We've been looked after by both nurses and doctors at every step.

An appointment is made for us to come back in on Tuesday to take a medical approach over surgery.

At lunchtime today there were complications. My partner rings the hospital and is seen immediately for a followup scan. The medical route isn't an option any more and, within hours, she's in a ward and being prepared for surgery, which she's going in for later tonight.

The nurses have looked after us this whole time and everyone's been super supportive.

I'm posting this via their free WiFi and there's not going to be a huge bill for any of this when she's hopefully back home tomorrow evening.

So gently caress the Tories for jeopardising any of this or for anyone who complains about the NHS being poo poo. I can't imagine how worse this would be if we were somewhere like the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Ms Adequate posted:

That's shite as hell, but I'm glad you're both getting support and timely care. Sending good vibes to you both, hope that everything goes well (as well as they can, at least) and you and the missus can recover, both physically in her case and emotionally in both of your cases. :glomp:

Thanks (everybody) we really don't know what we'd have done without the hospital staff. There's no one else we know we could have turned to for advice.

They said there's a something cm mass in her fallopian which is pretty obviously the fetus, so they're gong to remove both it and the tube.

She's in surgery now so I just have to wait and phone in a few hours to find out how it went.

I dunno if it's normal or not, but it feels really easy to let myself get distracted and not actively think about it. When I do that, I feel almost normal, like nothings happened.

The moment i do think about it actively though, I just feel myself breaking down until I quickly force myself back in control.

I dunno what I'm trying to say. I guess i just feel like I should be more uncontrollably upset.

Anyway this is a bit too self absorbed for the thread so I'll maybe make another one elsewhere for it if I need to unbottle.