Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Ahahahahahahahaha, Tennessee. :allears:

Also almost all of the former Big 12 North sucked except K-State, go State. :toot:

EDIT: Mods, I was foolish and impatient, and didn't think everything through before :justpost:, please make "ahahahahahah Tennessee" part of the thread title.

Strobe fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Barry Odom lmao

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
So, my team got loving destroyed by the best team in the country for our opening game. This was not entirely unexpected! It still hurts though.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I am glad the Texas Football Longhorns and the Auburn Football Tigers both won their respective footballs games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

only way is up for hunter johnson

right?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Destroy all Barry Odoms

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

https://twitter.com/tarheelupdate/status/1167940248216752128

https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1167969836674105345

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Mack Browns old man dance has renewed my faith in humanity

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Pakled posted:

So, my team got loving destroyed by the best team in the country for our opening game. This was not entirely unexpected! It still hurts though.

My team got destroyed by Georgia State.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Mega64 posted:

They were getting punched in the mouth the entire second-half. One of the weirdest games I've ever seen.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
This loss hurts real bad and I really dont have much hope for the program to ever really recover to anything above mediocrity at this point. We are trash and have been for the last 15 years or so. Vols bitch.

Pimpcasso fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Sep 1, 2019

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Initiate a coup against Shea Patterson and install Dylan McCaffrey as his successor posthaste, please and thank you.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Tennessee could've hired Mike Leach, a man hungry to show up the SEC. But no, Phil Fulmer couldn't stand this thought, and so Fulmer went out and hired the one Saban assistant without a good defense.

Same energy:

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1167899084297887744

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/523869515894259712?s=20

FSU's defense failed to #DoSomething, recording a performance almost as bad as the 2015 Rose Bowl. Though that was against a Heisman-winning QB, not to a true freshman starting his first game that got moved up and out to be played in Tallahassee at noon EST in 90+ degree heat.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I cant lie, I am positively giddy that Tennessee and FSU poo poo and fell back in it this weekend.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mack Brown owns and I'm glad he's coaching again and having fun

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

Mack Brown owns and I'm glad he's coaching again and having fun

Maybe FSU can rehire Lee Corso in the off-season.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

I cant lie, I am positively giddy that Tennessee and FSU poo poo and fell back in it this weekend.

Throw in UofSC making GBS threads the bed as a -12 and I can barely contain myself this morning.

quote:

I was just missing throws, especially late, Bentley said. We should have won the game three or four times. I just have to hit them.

Bentley 's 4th quarter: 2-for-9 for 15 yards and two picks.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mega64 posted:

Not even the good Georgia G5 program.

R.D. Mangles posted:

only way is up for hunter johnson

right?

You'll lose to UNLV and then win 7 conference games after the player have had a chance to reset their Body Clocks

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
N: FSU still terrible

V: loving kill me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou was down 17 at the rear end end of the 3rd quarter. They had third and 2 around Wyoming's 39. Kelly Bryant took a sack, which was dumb as all loving hell because he had like 20 seconds to throw the ball away, but it was only for 3 yards. So they're facing a 4th and 5 at Wyoming's 42 yard line down 17 with about 17 minutes left, with no evidence that his defense would actually stop the opposing team that had gone on a 34-3 run at that point doing absolutely nothing but running the ball. And after an official's time out to figure something or other out...Barry Odom decided to punt.

I mean, fire the man, sure. But I can't figure it out. He went for it on 4th and one from his own 30 earlier in the game when things were going well and got damned lucky to make it.

I just cannot make any sense of this. I am bamboozled.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well, hunter johnson had a really bad game and backup TJ green who looked decent is now out for the season. fortunately, northwestern's offense needs the quarterback to make like 4 passes, but Bowser is hurt too.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gotta think FSU is gonna be looking for another coach yet again after this season, hopefully somebody will be available, since it's looking like we won't even make a bowl again, let alone be competitive in the ACC

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Randaconda posted:

Gotta think FSU is gonna be looking for another coach yet again after this season, hopefully somebody will be available, since it's looking like we won't even make a bowl again, let alone be competitive in the ACC

There's no way. They are footing the bill for like 4 buyouts this year

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

god drat it :negative:

welp, guess we're a mid-major now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yall gonna feel real stupid when Georgia State wins the National Championship

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i had a good day watching florida state and tennessee implode and watching texas have an easy win for seemingly the first time in a million years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yall gonna feel real stupid when Georgia State wins the National Championship

the best part was there weren't any flukey plays or anything, especially in the second half.

GSU just ran the ball down their throat.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

vyst posted:

I think I saw Taggerts buyout is like $17 million this year

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
The only good thing to come from yesterday is now I get to read hot takes from other Vols fans about how they actually broke down in tears and destroyed their clothes over the first game of the season. There's always a silver lining.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the eagles cut clayton thorson, surely there's a way to bring him back

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I called my dad to talk about the MSU game and he opened with youre probably gonna complain about how bad the offense was just like all of the columnists who have NO original ideas

Edit: I have no idea why apostrophes and quotation marks arent showing in this post but maybe you guys can see them

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Randaconda posted:

god drat it :negative:

welp, guess we're a mid-major now.

yeah someone posted this yesterday, y'all are stuck with taggart for at least another year

https://twitter.com/Adoughty88/status/1167928537120010242

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

the best part was there weren't any flukey plays or anything, especially in the second half.

GSU just ran the ball down their throat.

We should have won that game easily on talent alone. I dont know wtf happened. It didnt look like anyone gave a poo poo. Could just be the team looking past them at BYU and they prepared for that game, but it didnt seem like there were any second half adjustments either. We just got straight up beat.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
We went up 14 and dominated the line of scrimmage, then decided to check out. I realize now that the lazy tackle on a return where the coverage tried to half-rear end punch the ball out instead of make an actual tackle was proof this team thought they could just show up and get on a plane back to Columbia.

Kudos to Craig loving Bohl for actually coaching. Barry Odom, way to continue to bury yourself in OOC play.

Going to be in Columbia for the game next week. Cant believe I already paid for good tickets, I bet there are smoking deals now. Lol owned

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Grittybeard posted:

Mizzou was down 17 at the rear end end of the 3rd quarter. They had third and 2 around Wyoming's 39. Kelly Bryant took a sack, which was dumb as all loving hell because he had like 20 seconds to throw the ball away, but it was only for 3 yards. So they're facing a 4th and 5 at Wyoming's 42 yard line down 17 with about 17 minutes left, with no evidence that his defense would actually stop the opposing team that had gone on a 34-3 run at that point doing absolutely nothing but running the ball. And after an official's time out to figure something or other out...Barry Odom decided to punt.

I mean, fire the man, sure. But I can't figure it out. He went for it on 4th and one from his own 30 earlier in the game when things were going well and got damned lucky to make it.

I just cannot make any sense of this. I am bamboozled.

I was at the game... it was bad :(

Bryant had some great throws that just got dropped. He also fell back into his habit of panicking when the pocket collapses.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sic semper vols

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Tennessee folks, its time. Bring Lane home.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, you have to laugh just wondering...who is it that thought this was a good idea?

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1167883723955523586

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Y'all coulda had Mike Leach.

What are the odds Fulmer pulls a Barry Alvarez and installs himself as interim coach at some point this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, you have to laugh just wondering...who is it that thought this was a good idea?

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1167883723955523586

4:1 likes to replies so probably most people? The type of people who post in TFF are not representative of college football fans.