Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Declan MacManus posted:

goons should i start my life over and go to grad school in baton rouge to become an accountant

Yeah - but live in New Orleans and commute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mactheknife posted:

i'm real scared about this game but if LSU manages to pull it off you can be guaranteed at least one drunk post that i knew we were fine all along

LSU is a 7 point favorite - managing to pull it off?

LSU is probably better at every position except QB, but Herman seems to have big game magic - so I'm hopeful, but not optimistic about this game - I think it will end up like the Big XII title game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
hosed up thing to say about the third highest rated passer in FBS Football, Joltin' Joe Burrow

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

affirmative action girl

Legacy admissions must be snickering in a corner while people focus all of their ire at affirmative action admissions.

Today's Joe Rogan podcast guest was a neuroscientist with an LSU degree (Joseph Ledoux). And now all I can think about is Coach O tripping on psilocybin mushrooms. How awesome would that be?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

Yeah - but live in New Orleans and commute.

Go to Tulane it will only cost you *checks fedloan.org* $90,000

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Sab0921 posted:

LSU is a 7 point favorite - managing to pull it off?

LSU is probably better at every position except QB, but Herman seems to have big game magic - so I'm hopeful, but not optimistic about this game - I think it will end up like the Big XII title game.

I also am capable of pessimism in the face of positive evidence

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1169777384423399425

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

He's gonna' get yelled at & kissed on the lips at film study.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LLCoolJD posted:

Legacy admissions must be snickering in a corner while people focus all of their ire at affirmative action admissions.

Today's Joe Rogan podcast guest was a neuroscientist with an LSU degree (Joseph Ledoux). And now all I can think about is Coach O tripping on psilocybin mushrooms. How awesome would that be?

Here we see Coach Ed Orgeron in a controlled environment under the effects of hallucinogens.

Coach O: *unintelligible*

A week later & completely free of psylocibin, Coach O: *unintelligible*

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Here we see Coach Ed Orgeron in a controlled environment under the effects of hallucinogens.

Coach O: *unintelligible*

A week later & completely free of psylocibin, Coach O: *unintelligible*

probably the only difference is Coach O is absolutely one of those guys that would immediately take off their clothes

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

:yeshaha:
https://twitter.com/HunterLJohnson/status/1169631676038864896

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Lol that guy getting tossed like a rag doll at the end

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Maybe I’m crazy but the few places I thought “man I should take a gun with me” were places I didn’t want to go anyway.

I’m lying because I don’t actually know if it’s even a thought I’ve ever had outside of my deployment, which might be some type of social commentary.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

colachute posted:

Maybe I’m crazy but the few places I thought “man I should take a gun with me” were places I didn’t want to go anyway.

I’m lying because I don’t actually know if it’s even a thought I’ve ever had outside of my deployment, which might be some type of social commentary.

Theres never been once in the US that I felt less safe because I didnt have a gun. I legitimately will never understand that feeling.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.
NFL sucks. Needs more clownball.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

iwentdoodie posted:

Theres never been once in the US that I felt less safe because I didnt have a gun. I legitimately will never understand that feeling.

I did once, but there was literally a bear present.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

This is what Rondale Moore was seeing in his head when he tried to field that punt last week.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

colachute posted:

What is troubling to me is that most of the people I meet who are on team gun all the time don't look like they've trained a lick.....I mean they aren't physically fit and their weapons always seem to be placed where they are comfortable rather than somewhere you can bring them to bear quickly when a threat emerges.

The time between realizing someone is shooting at you, identifying the situation, drawing your weapon and returning targeted fire seems easy in practice but interminable in real life. Add fear , the confusion of a crowd? No thanks.

I've been shot at and returned fire once. I was a trained Marine and I closed my eyes and pissed myself while emptying a 9mm in the general direction of the threat. The Rambo's in Walmart don't give me a lot of confidence.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Also a cop probably won’t discern who is really a good guy with a gun versus a bad guy with a gun when shots start going off. Maybe they will let the melatonin guide them but probably any gun they see is gonna be a threat.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Phone based double post

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So is McConaughey gonna be the guest picker

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
It just has come to my attention that in 1992 Ed Orgeron was asked to leave a bar in Baton Rouge and responded by head-butting the manager, resulting in arrest

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's probably the least surprising Coach O story I've ever heard

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Thermos H Christ posted:

It just has come to my attention that in 1992 Ed Orgeron was asked to leave a bar in Baton Rouge and responded by head-butting the manager, resulting in arrest

sounds like perfectly normal LSU behavior and I see no issue whatsoever

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Here's a good Coach O story:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...d31x1khgmccpbp8

quote:

Ed Orgeron is no stranger to weird eating habits.

The first-year LSU coach reportedly drinks as many as 10 energy drinks a day. He also put down 19 bowls of gumbo in one week during recruiting season. But none of that tops the time he nearly ate a worm as a graduate assistant.

Orgeron on Wednesday relayed a story to ESPN (via the Advocate) about how he once held a live worm in his mouth during a speech to help motivate his players.

"It was just to fire up the team," Orgeron told ESPN's David Lloyd. "It was about two guys fishing. They were in Alaska, had to cut a hole to fish. One guy was catching fish and other wasn’t. He said, ‘Hey man, I’m using the same bait. Why am I not catching fish?’

“(The other guy) said, ‘I have a secret. I keep the worms in my mouth to keep them warm before I put them in. I do whatever it takes to feed my family.’"

Orgeron said he then concluded the story by telling his team, "Whatever it takes to win, I’ll do the same things." Then, out came the worm. When asked on set what it was like to have a worm in his mouth, Orgeron played it off by saying it was just a young man's attempt at inspiring his team.

"It was kind of different. It was at a younger age and I won’t do that again.”

We can only hope — surely there are easier ways to motivate your players nowadays.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1169981270157402114

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1170044355995942913

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It is insane they're still doing this, I have not seen a single person buy it or react to it the way they clearly want everyone to react.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Are we sure this isn’t a Weekend at Bernie’s situation?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

General Dog posted:

Are we sure this isn’t a Weekend at Bernie’s situation?

On the third game, Hugh Freeze will rise again.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Week 4: Coaching while performing open-heart surgery on himself

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fifty Three posted:

Week 4: Coaching while performing open-heart surgery on himself

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Go to Tulane it will only cost you *checks fedloan.org* $90,000

Grad school is free.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

It is insane they're still doing this, I have not seen a single person buy it or react to it the way they clearly want everyone to react.

I assume there's a group that buys it completely and I'm fortunate that I don't have to interact with them.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

MourningView posted:

Steven Godfrey like half hinted there was more to this story and I really hope more comes out about it and what they think they are accomplishing by doing this besides the whole internet dunking on them.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I missed a few steps and I mean it all makes sense and is consistent with everything about Liberty University but how did they up with the whore coach?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bip Roberts posted:

I missed a few steps and I mean it all makes sense and is consistent with everything about Liberty University but how did they up with the whore coach?

What is your confusion, friend? This is all very on brand for them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

Because he is the exact kind of person that Liberty would hire?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Man go Google Liberty president Jerry Falwell Jr.'s crazy habit of somehow falling into unlikely multimillion dollar financial relationships with hot young pool boys

Also they have the Baylor rape coverup athletic director

I mean there's really no way to answer that without sounding like internet atheist guy talking about AmeriKKKa's hypo-christians, but that's the answer

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bip Roberts posted:

He was a pretty good coach and they literally do not care about anything else as long as it helps them toward their goal of building up athletics so they can be Evangelical BYU or whatever.

And yeah he's not even close to the most objectionable person associated with the school or athletic department. I'm honestly surprised they didn't just hire Briles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Wake up 14-7 over Rice 1st quarter

I'm app posting, can someone start a thread?