Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Henchman of Santa posted:

4:1 likes to replies so probably most people? The type of people who post in TFF are not representative of college football fans.

I choose to believe most college football fans are bots to maintain what I have left of my sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Like we live in a country where people find it inspiring when people band together to pay a child’s lunch debts or medical expenses. It’s no surprise that people find that kind of treacly poo poo heartwarming.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mack Brown is back yall

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Warbird posted:

Tennessee folks, it’s time. Bring Lane home.

Please let this happen.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Michigan wasn't part of the group that got upset by their week 1 cupcakes and that's all I can ask right now.

Thanks ESPN for reminding me that App State was 12 years ago today :v:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas won and Mizzou lost, good start to the weekend.

This team might... might... be able to get out of nonconference games without a loss. And that's more than I can say about KU in a long time. Carter Stanley is still kinda eh, but he's not a failed mobile qb experiment like the past two or three starters have been. Then the team gets the poo poo kicked out of them for the all of the conference schedule, except the ISU game might be close if this week was any indication. Maybe the WVU game.

Progress!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sir Plus posted:

yeah someone posted this yesterday, y'all are stuck with taggart for at least another year

https://twitter.com/Adoughty88/status/1167928537120010242

Hahahahaha holy poo poo

:vince:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

GA State and Wyoming winning means only one thing: they belong in the SEC.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

colachute posted:

GA State and Wyoming winning means only one thing: they belong in the SEC.

Relegate Tennessee imo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Mizzou deserves to be in the Big XII again, as does Wyoming, because they both Suck rear end at defense.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia dominated vandy running the most cookie cutter playbook I've seen in a while. People think it's because Coley is a bad OC or something (sensing a trend with Georgia fans?) But it's probably because Georgia has three weeks of tuneup before Notre Dame so Kirby probably wants the team to ease in.

DeAndre Swift might be a legit Heisman candidate and Georgia had over 350 yards rushing without really trying so I'll take it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
it's a true testament to how much mizzou couldn't close that they outgained wyoming by like 170 yards and had multiple long drives that ended in turnovers

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Mizzou deserves to be in the Big XII again, as does Wyoming, because they both Suck rear end at defense.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia dominated vandy running the most cookie cutter playbook I've seen in a while.

We belong with Vandy god damnit.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Mizzou had pretty much everything bad happen to it and still had a pretty good chance to win at the end. But man that was so frustrating to watch.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Mizzou did the bad things to themselves and Barry Odom told them to

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I feel better about our receivers now. Collin Johnson had some great catches and a few almost-great catches. Devin Duvernay turned out to be super reliable playing a bigger role in the offense. Brandon Eagles seems really good. It was a big question mark because Ehlinger really needs good WRs because he ain't the most accurate QB. I know he had a good completion percentage last year, but having Lil'Jordan catch everything thrown remotely near him makes up for a lot.

Ingram looked good. He's patient, picks his spots well. We need him to stay healthy because we had a lot of offseason injuries at RB.

Defense ... eh. J'mar Smith passed all over them. We did well when we started getting into the pocket later in the game, but if he wasn't hurried, he had whatever he wanted. I think the secondary is going to be a big weak point. They all hit really big, but cover for poo poo. I know La Tech wasn't bad last year and they returned a lot, but dudes were way open like all game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
UNT won.:toot:

I'm not confident they won't get beat at the line by better teams. Run game got stopped a lot, and we got run on with some success. Oh well, take the stomp and hope you can do it again next week against what should be a way better team.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia dominated vandy running the most cookie cutter playbook I've seen in a while. People think it's because Coley is a bad OC or something (sensing a trend with Georgia fans?) But it's probably because Georgia has three weeks of tuneup before Notre Dame so Kirby probably wants the team to ease in.

DeAndre Swift might be a legit Heisman candidate and Georgia had over 350 yards rushing without really trying so I'll take it.

This is kind of how I feel. I know Kirby really just wants to run to set up the run and pass a few here and there, but we didn’t really do anything crazy. Standard alignments, standard blocking. Just run it up the gut as much as you can with a few bombs thrown here and there. I think ND is going to show at least some wrinkle in whatever we are going to be on offense.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also Tulane whipped the poo poo out of FIU, and since Auburn looked bad, I am going to go ahead and call it Tulane upsets Auburn PostNouveau's Stone Cold Lock of the Week *throws giant novelty U-lock on the desk*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU unveiled their new spread offense yesterday against Weber state.

We won 6-0. Weber ran one offensive play in SDSU territory and there were 19 combined punts.

It was the worst win I've ever watched.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

We won 6-0. Weber ran one offensive play in SDSU territory and there were 19 combined punts.

I mentioned this in the GDT but why did you keep handing the ball off to that back who had a total of one two good runs the entire game and ended up averaging less than 1.5 yards for his other 20 carries?

e: to be clear it's not like he was ripping things off in those two good runs, his total average was 2.5/carry.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 1, 2019

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

This loss hurts real bad and I really don’t have much hope for the program to ever really recover to anything above mediocrity at this point. We are trash and have been for the last 15 years or so. Vols bitch.

I made it through yesterday without committing suicide, so yay for that? I need to feel some form of hope. Something at at least we can become at least middle of the east sometime in the next decade. I'd like to hope we win the east sometime in the next decade, but I feel like that's hoping for too much.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Our 2018 class had like 3 of the top 5 DBs in the country or some poo poo but somehow our secondary looked fairly bad in coverage last night. A little concerned about this new wide open offensive LSU. It’s a big game so you know Herman will have the team playing above their heads, hopefully that’s enough.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky started flat on both sides of the ball, but picked it up in the second half to win pretty easily, despite a late Toledo TD. First time in Stoops era covering the spread against a MAC team. Defense struggled early, but they're so young in the secondary they should get better as the season goes on. Running backs looked. No individual is better than Snell but they still have 3 really good backs that all contributed. Terry Wilson played well too, 19-26 for 246 and 2 TD, and receivers other than Bowden stepped up, which was another preseason concern.

I know it's only one week, but after watching the rest of the SEC East it's looking like UK-UF in Week 3 could be for the honor of coming in second to Georgia.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Deacs.

Wake Forest was one of the top 3 best games of the weekend IMO. The program isn't elite but goddamn do we put on entertaining games. :)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan really needs to take the 2 QB look out of the offense.

Killed one drive and slowed down another.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Marvel as our DB celebrates a pass defense that wasn't as the WR bolts upfield.

https://twitter.com/thEMANacho/status/1167959576949297153

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Sky Show sounded cool from La Mesa.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Man, Tennessee. It's one thing to have a bad program — and hoo boy, they're bad — but no one does compounding humiliation quite like the Vols. Lose at home? Sure. Bullied at home? Yes. Bullied at home by Georgia State while, say, one of your fans's boats burns on the Tennessee River? Why not! Like when Butch Jones couldn't just lose, he'd also have to blow a trip to the Sugar Bowl by getting blown out by Vanderbilt while offering forth that his players were the Champions of Life and having his team's TO swag be a loving garbage can. Just on and on and on.

It's me, the guy who thought the Pruitt hire was solid. Because Schiano was over the hill, career-wise, and because the guy obnoxiously hates losing and I thought he'd clean the softness out of the program. But this is worse than ever. I don't know how UT comes back from this. But nor do I know how it gets worse for them after this, and they keep mastering that particular art, so.

Re: UGA. Kirby is Good. Kirby is an elite recruiter. UGA is loaded. But Kirby pretending like it's 2009 and we can just manball until the final buzzer is just...I dunno, a bit of a bummer? Dawgs scored 9 points total after their first three drives against Vanderbilt, I mean what the hell. No, they never were in any danger, and the only way Vandy moved the ball was the typical Nashville wocka wocka trick play baloney, but eh....I'm spoiled, I guess. But this team is facing a couple regular season losses and won't sniff beating Bama if they can't figure out this third and short business.

323, 8.1 ypc, tho

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I am actually somewhat optimistic for ISU’s season because a normal cyclone team definitely loses that game.

Giving up a scoop and score. A penalty to take back the winning TD. A recovered fumble at the 1 that would have ended the game.

Historically, ISU loses this game. But they nearly doubled UNI’s yards in regulation, and the D held them to two FG’s, one of which was a 50 yarder. They just need to convert yards into points. They struggled all game to score in the red zone. Something to spend the next two weeks on.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I feel like Tennessee fans don't deserve the fact Fulmer is a big fat insecure idiot. Or maybe they do and I'm just soft

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The ISU game was really entertaining. I'm looking forward to that game this year. Unfortunately, it's K-State's turn to win on the last play of the game. :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I mentioned this in the GDT but why did you keep handing the ball off to that back who had a total of one two good runs the entire game and ended up averaging less than 1.5 yards for his other 20 carries?

e: to be clear it's not like he was ripping things off in those two good runs, his total average was 2.5/carry.

I have no idea. It was incredibly frustrating. Our top running threat was when the quarterback was rolling out.

At least the defense looked good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Aardvark posted:

Sky Show sounded cool from La Mesa.

It was good!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/DougHaller/status/1168205760129486849

wild

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The Wisconsin Badgers are going to win the super bowl and the Idaho Vandals we’re defeated by Penn State, the school that facilitated the rape of children

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anybody know what's up with Marcus Dupree these days? I was just thinking how good his 30 for 30 was, and was curious if he's alright

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington took care of business pretty easily, Eason looked as good as advertised, nobody important got injured. A successful Week 1 :woof:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Y’all gonna feel real stupid when Georgia State wins the National Championship

It's got to be frustrating though that you almost had 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Randaconda posted:

anybody know what's up with Marcus Dupree these days? I was just thinking how good his 30 for 30 was, and was curious if he's alright

Last I heard he was starting a farm in Oklahoma to grow hemp.