Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Last I heard he was starting a farm in Oklahoma to grow hemp.

lol owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

It's got to be frustrating though that you almost had 'em.

Y’all gonna feel even dumber when we go 13-2, only to lose in the National Championship to undefeated Georgia State.

i laugh to hide the tears

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Low man wins

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1168264344074891265

I do not know if they actually won on this play or not.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Joey Freshwater posted:

Y’all gonna feel even dumber when we go 13-2, only to lose in the National Championship to undefeated Georgia State.

i laugh to hide the tears

I love this part of the season. It's still early enough where we can dream of wild stuff. Like Tulane is beating Auburn then going undefeated. Auburn will will win the SEC, Oregon will win the Pac 12. Houston will beat Oklahoma then Oklahoma will win the Big 12.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Good title, may I suggest a minor alteration?

The Football Funhouse › NCAA Week 1 Aftermath: ahahahahahah Tennessee is rear end my dude

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

For those up to watch the late game, you saw J.T. Daniels' lower leg almost separate from his body. Torn ACL, out for the year. The backup QB is something named Kedon Slovis.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
:rip: Clay Helton

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/jordanstrack/status/1168271269718036480?s=21

More of this!!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Hell yeah that's great. Western Kentucky's mascot next!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Had they signaled touchdown before the mascot came on the field?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

For those up to watch the late game, you saw J.T. Daniels' lower leg almost separate from his body. Torn ACL, out for the year. The backup QB is something named Kedon Slovis.

Wonder if they talk Sears into staying now

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/dste5/status/1168148201137770498

Yikes!

https://twitter.com/BCrawford247/status/1168268533404438528

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I didn’t even check to see if Carolina beefed it or not but Muschamp has generally been pretty good for UGA. Sad to see him go if they pull the trigger.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
What's the highest south Carolina can spend on a buyout? Five mil? Somewhere between that and ten?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

There are some stupid loving athletic directors

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think expectations werent high for SCAR considering the schedule, but UNC wasnt a tough game. They needed to win that game so much

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think expectations werent high for SCAR considering the schedule, but UNC wasnt a tough game. They needed to win that game so much

i turned that game on in the second quarter and SCAR was pretty well situated, plus UNC's play calling was garbage. I was shocked when i woke up from my nap to see that UNC won, Muschamp is a loving failure.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Wrong thread

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

vyst posted:

There are some stupid loving athletic directors

We'll, he's a baseball coach, so...

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

Muschamp is a loving failure.

If only there was some way to tell that from his past. Like any warning signs whatsoever from his previous coaching gig.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Raku posted:

What's the highest south Carolina can spend on a buyout? Five mil? Somewhere between that and ten?

SEC schools all make a shitload of TV money I assume between that and boosters they could probably do it if they really wanted to. Everyone way understates what they're actually making from sports

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia Tech wanted to fire Paul Johnson for like three years before he left and allegedly couldn't afford his buyout either

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia Tech wanted to fire Paul Johnson for like three years before he left and allegedly couldn't afford his buyout either

Well yeah they had to pay off Paul Hewitt.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

OU looks good so far

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

What in the world was SCAR giving Will Muschamp that sort of boffo buyout clause

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

D.N. Nation posted:

What in the world was SCAR giving Will Muschamp that sort of boffo buyout clause

They liked Spurrier so much that when they had a chance at a former Florida head coach they got a little carried away I think.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

USCe is infatuated with hiring a big name.

That being said, I really hope Les ends up there. He's the right kind of crazy for that place.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

angryrobots posted:

USCe is infatuated with hiring a big name.

That being said, I really hope Les ends up there. He's the right kind of crazy for that place.

I hear Art Briles is available.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

kittenmittons posted:

I hear Art Briles is available.

If Hugh Freeze dies Liberty will 100% hire him. I’m actually surprised he isn’t OC there already.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

If Hugh Freeze dies Liberty will 100% hire him. I’m actually surprised he isn’t OC there already.

I'd be okay with this. At least it would mean there's only one of them left.

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
hurts got a tackle he's playin both sides of the ball give that man the trophy

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vandals counting their cash from the ice bath.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Jesus christ if Muschamp isn't dropping his knees and enthusiastically sucking off his agent to completion every 45-60min then there is no justice in the world.

How in the sweet gently caress is his buyout that high with his myriad failures on full display on youtube and every Muschamp gif search.

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
OU is still a glass cannon, so that's fun

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Michigan looks good, lots of experimenting, so that's always fun.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

welwala harris posted:

OU is still a glass cannon, so that's fun

Every OU QB is basically Veigar then

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Ohio State is good at football probably this year.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Just got in from work & looked at the Weather Channel.

If any of you goons are in the path of or near the path of this goddamn hurricane, please evacuate & be safe!!!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

How in the sweet gently caress is his buyout that high with his myriad failures on full display on youtube and every Muschamp gif search.
Seems like there's a fundamental mismatch in the way these deals are made. Coaches have gazillionaire agents who make a career out of negotiating on their side. Schools have ADs that fall between a backslapping good old boy or, at best, somebody who might be a competent manager but still isn't equipped for this kind of situation. No idea how to fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pakled posted:

So, my team got loving destroyed by the best team in the country for our opening game. This was not entirely unexpected! It still hurts though.

They scored points! :)

They gave up more than 50 points :(